5 replies to this topic

#1 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 14, 2009 - 12:14 AM

I ask that we (the community) refrain from talking about other members not registered here at TLN, which includes banned members. It may not be in our guidelines, but it's my request that you do not personally attack anyone from outside of this board.

This also includes the staff, as well as all non-staff members.

It's true that a great deal of AM570 board members were banned. It's also accurate to say that a lot of them are still here and have no problem posting at TLN as part of our ever-growing community. Our focus here is to step on the problems before they cause significant damage to our community. We give our warnings, we give our suspensions, and we give our bans...and not in any order, but as we see fit.

At the end of the day, it's the fans we want to protect...from personal attacks, mockery, and excessive baiting. We want to make sure your time here at TLN is a time well spent, sharing knowledge of the Lakers and the game of basketball, forming opinions and producing facts, not fighting off redundant insults and radical members.

Our ages span anywhere from 13-40+ on TLN, and I am fully confident that we can muster up enough maturity to do this, mainly for the sake of the site and message board. Among us and the other two great Lakers message board communities (Clublakers and LakersGround), we still share a common interest, and that's basketball. Drifting away from that and leaning on conflict to stir up discussion is only going to irritate what we have going for us at this time, and that's the last thing we should all want to do as registered members here on the site.

Thanks to all that comply with this.

#2 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 14, 2009 - 01:07 AM

Good thread. :clap2:

#3 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 14, 2009 - 01:11 AM

Yes, I say we should only hate on people for saying stupid stuff, not for being from somewhere and we should definitely not generalize a whole group of people based on the actions of a few.

#4 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,305 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 14, 2009 - 02:17 AM

Well said, Brandon.

#5 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,262 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 14, 2009 - 10:04 AM

Well said, Brandon.

Posted Image

#6 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted August 14, 2009 - 11:36 AM

Good thread. :clap2:

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users