Photo

8,000+ users online

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 14, 2009 - 04:49 PM

Not that big of a deal for me, we'll reset it before the season. Unless something changes.

Yeah, people care so much about stats on the internet, lol.

#22 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 14, 2009 - 05:02 PM

Yeah, people care so much about stats on the internet, lol.

Lol I'm a mod who laughs at everything lol I'm so kewlz

I do care yea, if you admins all really didn't care you wouldn't leave up the fake number and be all secretive anytime someone asked if it was real. Cuz it's not.

I actually do want to see how much the site is growing cuz that's something to be proud of.

#23 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted August 14, 2009 - 05:08 PM

If you don't care so much about the site Nissan, maybe you should hand your job to Imadul? He actually cares, and listens to everyone's response before lawling at everyone. He also won't use the excuse "were to busy to do that now", he'll make time to do things.

Edited by Memory Fish, August 14, 2009 - 05:09 PM.

#24 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted August 14, 2009 - 05:31 PM

Cough... Chris... Cough...

Posted Image

#25 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted August 14, 2009 - 05:33 PM

I agree with Imadogg

#26 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted August 14, 2009 - 05:42 PM

I agree with Imadogg

Don't we all? :unsure:

Posted Image

#27 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 14, 2009 - 07:07 PM

I agree with Nissan and Nugget. It doesn't matter.

Admins being secretive? Ah, yeah...that's definitely me. I was hoping everyone would be fooled into thinking there were 8,000 members on at once, no bots. :rolleyes:

Quite frankly, I don't care about a "most online" list. I care about the way people act. And to be honest, I'm disappointed. Out of every site I've been a part of, this one has caused me the most grief...and it's nobody's fault on the staff. If anything, guys like Nissan have taken HUGE steps in doing the majority of the work (moderating), and that leaves me room to administrate and handle the more severe problems.

Word of advice, though: some of you may need to get over the personal agendas you have against others. It's going to get you in trouble. On OTR, I have banned some of my best members in the past: a 4,000-post contributor and original member, a 5,000-post writer and one of my better friends on the board, and a former moderator who had about 6,000 posts. Permanent bans.

It goes to show that if I find that you're too much of a problem to deal with, the rope gets cut. You can't be upset about that because that would make most of you a hypocrite.

I will say one last thing: there are a few members on this staff that you don't want to lose. I've been doing this for five years. If those select members (who will remain nameless) were to leave the forums, that's the beginning of the end for this message board (not necessarily the blog).

I hope a few of you sit back and strongly consider what you're saying sometimes. As of today, I feel like things are quickly going downhill, and I truthfully won't sit back and watch, or be a part of, something like that.

#28 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted August 14, 2009 - 09:06 PM

Sorry, but, maybe that's why you're not too successful, RD. No offense or anything. :unsure:

Posted Image

#29 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted August 14, 2009 - 10:26 PM

Sorry, but, maybe that's why you're not too successful, RD. No offense or anything. :unsure:

Who said I wasn't successful? I've been running my NBA forums for almost five years now, and that's 30 different team fans, and I RARELY have problems there.

There are problems here every two days.

I could go almost anywhere and get an admin position, and quite possibly RealGM.

Now, if you'd like (because you do it to Nissan), I would love to prove all of that. I can personally ask owners of large message boards, post their replies in here, and show you the truth.

Logic tells me where the fingers are supposed to point.

And if this had anything to do with me favoring Nissan or the other admins here, you surely don't know me very well. I've suspended Nissan before on my site, by accident, not knowing it was three other members trying to get him in trouble -- and AIM messages confirmed it.

Been around for a while. I not only suspect that same thing is happening...but I know it, because of the manner in which people post about him, the way they deal with his moderating decisions, and the fact that while Nissan has made mistakes moderating, there are very little of them, and I can pinpoint the many more mistakes some of you guys have made as members.

By the way, my "biased" view on everything would've forced me to ban Ken (who was KobeMVP888) a long time ago, when he re-registered after a ban, but I decided to give him another chance. I've also bumped into many personal attacks made by members around here that would have them banned in a heartbeat by any other owner/admin of another board, yet it didn't happen with me.

Again, if you want evidence of anything, you let me know. I finished up going back one year, quoting 23 different posts, of one of my members on my board just five months ago, proving that he probably should've been suspended. If you guys only know how many times Nissan has told me he wants to keep some of you around despite a suspension-worthy offense, you'd be retracing your steps.

#30 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,245 posts

Posted August 14, 2009 - 10:26 PM

I don't see the big deal on having the most users ever online reset. It'll never show the accurate amount as there will always be bots visiting the site. It's just a number, nothing more. I don't see how this even pertains to how big this site has grown.

To see how the site has grown, the best way to do that is to observe weekly how many members are on the forums etc. If you see an increase in the average of users online, that's when you know the site is growing.

Why are people now attacking Nissan and Brandon because they don't have the same view on most memebers online being important? Seems foolish to me. =\

Edited by Eternal, August 14, 2009 - 10:29 PM.

#31 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 15, 2009 - 01:03 AM

I made this thread because yes I like seeing stats and I am always curious when it comes to stuff like this, I thought it would be cool to see the real most users online. But apparently it's a super big deal to everyone and it must be difficult to reset the counter so I understand. I got the posts I figured I'd get, Nissan coming in with the "who cares?" type of post even though he's a mod and here we give feedback and suggestions so you should care what we think without "lol"ing; and of course Real with his usual huge speeches of his past, successful forums, who he's banned and can banned, and all that once again.

I don't care about this too much but noticed the huge number recently and thought I might as well make a thread so we can show real stats on this site. If that stat doesn't matter to anyone in charge, don't leave the 8400, just take away that stat from the main page and see if anyone notices.

And I don't think I did anything wrong but I'm just wanna say that mods definitely aren't exempt from criticism, so we shouldn't act like they are. Yes some may have done a lot for the site, just like some members have been great members for the site, but if they do stuff that may be wrong, we can call them out on it. Mods are members too after all, and acting like they are some type of Gods to be judged in a totally different way is not right. I'm gonna call out mods like I call out members, and anyone should be allowed to as long as they don't break the rules and flame or anything of that sort.

#32 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted August 15, 2009 - 07:55 AM

Calling out members is backseat moderating, which isn't allowed on many forums at all. Just another example of something people do here all the time and get away with, because we are so strict and we favor other members.

Let's dig into our guidelines:

If a topic is recognized as being posted in the wrong forum, or if the post is a violation of our guidelines then please contact a moderator either via PM or the 'report post to moderator' feature; please do not respond publicly to the member - a member of staff will do what is required upon contact. Any person/s who attempt to present themselves as a Moderator by posting negatively to a member's topic (which has been posted in error and requires locking or moving to another forum) will be sent a PM warning and placed into moderation queue upon further actions.

Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a Moderator. Only do this if a moderator has not replied within 6 hours. Members who consistently "act" as moderators may be warned.

Backseat moderating is not allowed on OTR. The administrators and moderators hold positions of power for a reason. If you are not one of those, you're asked to report any issues to someone on staff, so it can be dealt with appropriately.

That's just three. Again, just something else members here are able to dodge, regardless of how much I wanna ban everyone.

Kurt (Eternal) gets it. He's been on multiple message boards as well, and I believe he's administrated one.

Experience speaks volumes, and it shines brightness when amidst inexperience.

#33 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted August 15, 2009 - 10:30 AM

It's funny that when I did report something against the guidelines. Nissan said not to report small things like that and accused me and another member of trying to get someone banned or suspended. Like someone would really get suspended for a damn double post (and YES, it is against the guidelines, if you want to get technical, I can dig up the rule too). Maybe your moderators are the ones who needs to change their attitudes if you want us to stop "backseat moderating". Maybe even having the actual "'report post to moderator'" feature you speak of on the TLN rules. I see it nowhere. Taking it off is just making your rules irrelevant.

Edited by Memory Fish, August 15, 2009 - 10:31 AM.

#34 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted August 15, 2009 - 10:37 AM

It's funny that when I did report something against the guidelines. Nissan said not to report small things like that and accused me and another member of trying to get someone banned or suspended. Like someone would really get suspended for a damn double post (and YES, it is against the guidelines, if you want to get technical, I can dig up the rule too). Maybe your moderators are the ones who needs to change their attitudes if you want us to stop "backseat moderating". Maybe even having the actual "'report post to moderator'" feature you speak of on the TLN rules. I see it nowhere. Taking it off is just making your rules irrelevant.

The report feature was for reporting member problems. A double post happens. When a moderator runs across it, he'll delete it. Nissan does exceptionally well at merging topics, locking duplicate topics, and deleting double posts...and the funny thing is, he still does it today, even without the report feature.

Looking through my inbox last week, I have 23 reported posts in a day and a half (from a while back). Two-thirds of them were nonsense that didn't need reported, such as calling someone a jocker, or saying that they need to watch more basketball games. Really?

Again, it's looking like you guys speak out on a LOT of things you know absolutely nothing about. That's the problem.

#35 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted August 15, 2009 - 10:44 AM

The report feature was for reporting member problems. A double post happens. When a moderator runs across it, he'll delete it. Nissan does exceptionally well at merging topics, locking duplicate topics, and deleting double posts...and the funny thing is, he still does it today, even without the report feature.

Looking through my inbox last week, I have 23 reported posts in a day and a half (from a while back). Two-thirds of them were nonsense that didn't need reported, such as calling someone a jocker, or saying that they need to watch more basketball games. Really?

Again, it's looking like you guys speak out on a LOT of things you know absolutely nothing about. That's the problem.

It's part of a forum.You will always get the nonsense reports, but I did in fact use the report feature for something against the rules. I know there are 100's of them on the forum and it looks like I singled someone out. I had something in that topic where I wanted to show another member later, and double posting would take me longer to find the post I wanted, later. Serious or not, it's against the rules, and it's the principal of the matter.

#36 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted August 15, 2009 - 11:04 AM

It's part of a forum.You will always get the nonsense reports, but I did in fact use the report feature for something against the rules. I know there are 100's of them on the forum and it looks like I singled someone out. I had something in that topic where I wanted to show another member later, and double posting would take me longer to find the post I wanted, later. Serious or not, it's against the rules, and it's the principal of the matter.

Spare me from you trying to tell me how to run a message board. You just don't seem to get it.

If we don't want the report feature, we aren't going to have it. Most all of the staff was tired of people abusing it, and it was removed. Simple as that. It's not going to come back because there's a problem on these forums every other day, we know it, and we don't need wannabe moderators telling us that.

I don't know how many more times I have to stress that.

#37 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted August 15, 2009 - 11:13 AM

Spare me from you trying to tell me how to run a message board. You just don't seem to get it.

If we don't want the report feature, we aren't going to have it. Most all of the staff was tired of people abusing it, and it was removed. Simple as that. It's not going to come back because there's a problem on these forums every other day, we know it, and we don't need wannabe moderators telling us that.

I don't know how many more times I have to stress that.

I guess it makes the rule, you posted, irrelevant. As you aren't giving us the tools that are stated in the rules to report a post, aside from PM.

Edited by Memory Fish, August 15, 2009 - 11:13 AM.

#38 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted August 15, 2009 - 11:20 AM

:rolleyes:

I'm already done with you. It was removed. The guidelines haven't been edited yet because the other guys are working on the blog and I'm having to deal with this petty, immature nonsense I run into everyday on the forums.

Go figure.

Guidelines are edited. Hope you're overjoyed.

The members online record will be set sometime.

This topic is done.

#39 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted August 15, 2009 - 11:20 AM

:rolleyes:

I'm already done with you. It was removed. The guidelines haven't been edited yet because the other guys are working on the blog and I'm having to deal with this petty, immature nonsense I run into everyday on the forums.

Go figure.

You guys took off the report feature long ago, yet, you still haven't changed the rules. You make all these rules about contacting members, talking about banned members, yet you don't put it into the rules. Don't use that as an excuse, you weren't going to edit it anyway.

#40 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted August 15, 2009 - 11:21 AM

It's changed. Guess you have to find something new to complain about (and I'm sure you will).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users