CSKA Moscow Offers Ben Gordon $5.5 Million

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted September 02, 2008 - 01:35 PM

Greek news sources are reporting that Ben Gordon has been offered a $5.5 million contract with CSKA Moscow. That contract is the equivalent to an $8.9 million contract in the NBA, as European teams deal in net. Gordon is said to be demanding at least $7 million from CSKA Moscow, which would be the same amount that Josh Childress is making. That deal would be the equivalent of an $11.3 million NBA contract, and would provide Gordon great incentive to leave the NBA for Russia.

Gordon would rejoin his former teammate, Viktor Khryapa. Also on the team is the much lauded Trajan Langdon, former New Jersey Net, Zoran Planicic, and former Jayhawk, Sasha Kaun.

CKSA Moscow is going for the sevenpeat in the Russian Super League and is trying to repeat as champions of the Euroleague. Adding Ben Gordon to their roster would bolster their chances of maintaining their dominance.

CSKA Moscow was the highest salaried team in Europe last year at $50 million. If any European team is likely to throw some money to get a good talent, CSKA Moscow is the team. They just might need Gordon if they have any hopes of competing with Olympiacos, who signed Josh Childress this summer, in the Euro Cup.

Ben Gordon, since he has a Great Britain passport, doesn’t count as one of the team’s two American players. So they are able to have Gordon on the roster even with two Americans, Trajan Langdon and Terrence Morris on the roster.

Much has been made in the past week of European contracts not being guaranteed. This really isn’t the case. The teams that Gordon has been talking to will pay him his money. The teams that don’t pay the players their money are teams in the more obscure European leagues, teams that a player like Paul Shirley would end up playing for.

The article says that Gordon will make his decision by Wednesday. This likely is just when Gordon will decide if he is going overseas or not. There is no indication that if Gordon turns down CSKA Moscow’s offer, that he will make a decision on what to do with the Bulls at the same time.

Link

[expletive] Jerry Reinsdorf. I hate this fool... the Bulls should be an elite team in the East right now if he wasn't a cheap bastard. :rock:

#2 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 02, 2008 - 01:44 PM

I had the Bulls making the Finals in 2007, but that didn't work out too well :rock:

#3 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted September 02, 2008 - 02:18 PM

I don't think Gordon will accept anything below $10 mil. I heard when the Bulls were trying to re-sign him he declined around $10 mil so he probaby wants more then that. In my opinion he's definitely not worth that much.

Edited by KuYaJL, September 02, 2008 - 02:19 PM.

Made By Vaporize

#4 We Believe

We Believe

Sixth Man

• 2,805 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Fish.

Posted September 02, 2008 - 04:48 PM

yeah he will not except that offer unless thats the only choice he has. But im not sure hes worth 10mil a season maybe 7 but def. not 10.

2010 NBA CHAMPIONS = LOS ANGELES LAKERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users