My SideKick keeps restarting itself

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,058 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 09:47 PM

None of the phones I've had ever done this before. I was talking to someone and the phone went dead. I thought it was their line I looked at my phone and saw it was at a screen that starts when you first turn it on. I've lost everything I had on the phone. My numbers, pictures, notes, etc. :unsure: It's been restarting every 3 minutes. I saw it went psycho already today since I saw weird folders/device albums showing up in the camera part of the phone. It wouldn't let me view pictures of any album. I hooked up to the computer, nothing showed up. :unsure:

Anybody know what could be happening? It's STILL restarting I took out the battery & memory card and put it all back in and it's still acting up. I'm thinking of now transferring my SIM card to one of the old phones we've got.

#2 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 09:56 PM

That's a common problem for the Sidekick, and I don't know why. Mine did the same, it would
reset and restart by itself and all my stuff would be gone. It would come back in about 30 minutes
though, I just waited until it did.

#3 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,058 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 10:01 PM

That's a common problem for the Sidekick, and I don't know why. Mine did the same, it would
reset and restart by itself and all my stuff would be gone. It would come back in about 30 minutes
though, I just waited until it did.

Is it because I got rid of the Internet? Because weeks ago we went down to the T-Mobile store to cancel the Internet, and the lady said that if you get rid of the Internet then the phone will start acting up. :unsure: We didn't believe her because my phone was still working fine after that.

#4 Ricky

Ricky

Like's The LC

• 545 posts
  • Name:Freaky D
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson

Posted August 04, 2009 - 10:02 PM

have you tried yelling and stomping on it?

#5 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 10:11 PM

Is it because I got rid of the Internet? Because weeks ago we went down to the T-Mobile store to cancel the Internet, and the lady said that if you get rid of the Internet then the phone will start acting up. :unsure: We didn't believe her because my phone was still working fine after that.

I'm sure it was just a ploy to make you keep the internet. I always had internet on my phone
though, you might want to take it to the store or get a new one if you have insurance, or
get a new one free if it's been less than a year since you got it, since they come with one
year warranties.

#6 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,058 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 10:20 PM

I'm sure it was just a ploy to make you keep the internet. I always had internet on my phone
though, you might want to take it to the store or get a new one if you have insurance, or
get a new one free if it's been less than a year since you got it, since they come with one
year warranties.

We have about 3 more weeks until it hits 1 year. I don't really want another SideKick I been regretting the past few months about getting it in the first place. :unsure: We gonna see how the phone is tomorrow morning. If it's still dumb then I'm just going to put the SIM card into a different phone. Gr.

#7 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,372 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted August 04, 2009 - 10:23 PM

remove the battery or charge it mines did the same.

#8 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 10:23 PM

We have about 3 more weeks until it hits 1 year. I don't really want another SideKick I been regretting the past few months about getting it in the first place. :unsure: We gonna see how the phone is tomorrow morning. If it's still dumb then I'm just going to put the SIM card into a different phone. Gr.

Which one is that one again? I had a SK3 before and the screen was acting up, so I called and they
gave me the option of either another SK3 or a Slide. I took the Slide and had no problems with it.
Just call them and get new free phone, and either sell it, or use another phone. You win in anyway
since you can make some money off of the new one if you don't decide to use it.

#9 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,058 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 10:24 PM

remove the battery or charge it mines did the same.

Did that. Still same issue.

Which one is that one again? I had a SK3 before and the screen was acting up, so I called and they
gave me the option of either another SK3 or a Slide. I took the Slide and had no problems with it.
Just call them and get new free phone, and either sell it, or use another phone. You win in anyway
since you can make some money off of the new one if you don't decide to use it.

I got the SideKick 2008.

#10 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,058 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 06:36 AM

It's still messing up and restarting. I had it off all night since I gave up staring at it.

#11 Monkey

Monkey

Resident Monkey

• 3,248 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 06:41 AM

I have the HTC Touch Diamond and it randomly resets a few times by itself.

But I found out it was the battery. Sprint gave me a new battery and never had a problem since.

#12 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 07:15 AM

my env had the same problem. Once I took the battery out and put it back in again it's been fine. It was probably loose or something. Hopefully that helps.

#13 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,058 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 07:29 AM

my env had the same problem. Once I took the battery out and put it back in again it's been fine. It was probably loose or something. Hopefully that helps.

We did that millions of times. Hasn't really changed anything.

#14 Guest_True Lakers Fan_*

Guest_True Lakers Fan_*

Posted August 05, 2009 - 07:41 AM

jusr get a new phone it will be alot easier

#15 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,058 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 07:42 AM

I'm gonna take one of the few old phones we have. We cannot afford a brand new phone, nor do I want one. I'm taking my dad's old Sony Erickson.

Posted Image

#16 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted August 05, 2009 - 07:56 AM

I'm just going to say it since I've seen you try to crack jokes quite a few times. You aren't funny. Your attempts at humor are failures.

#17 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 07:59 AM

I'm just going to say it since I've seen you try to crack jokes quite a few times. You aren't funny. Your attempts at humor are failures.

He's admittedly illiterate, and overall just plain unintelligent.

#18 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted August 05, 2009 - 01:28 PM

:lol:

:huh:

Edited by Junayd, August 05, 2009 - 01:28 PM.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#19 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,058 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 02:21 PM

Sooo my dad just left to take my phone to the UPS to send it to T-Mobile. I put my SIM card into my dad's old Sony Ericsson, and all my contacts from even 4 years ago appeared. I was like WTF. I have so much deleting to do.

#20 kb24_lakers

kb24_lakers

Katy Perry

• 7,108 posts
  • Name:JUAN
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted August 05, 2009 - 02:27 PM

Sooo my dad just left to take my phone to the UPS to send it to T-Mobile. I put my SIM card into my dad's old Sony Ericsson, and all my contacts from even 4 years ago appeared. I was like WTF. I have so much deleting to do.

haha finally u have something to do!
[Lakers
Dodgers
RIP Amy Winehouse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users