#1 rappin' lamar

rappin' lamar

Rookie

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:magic johnsooooooooonnnnnn

Posted August 03, 2009 - 04:07 PM

ok looking forward to next :clap: year . our team is stacked .but is it two stacked? what if andrew has a break out year where does that leave everone else , artest is a chucker thru out is career ,lamar is most effective when he asserts himself and is aggressive with ball,meaning he has to have the ball in his hand, kobe needs the ball in is hand for us to win, and gasol gets f'ing complacent when he doesn't get the ball or damn well soft. then even our roll players except fisher all are chuckers when the come in especially saha he aint worth sh#T and farmer.

whoa!!!! that was alot but if andrew has a breakout year he will need atleast 15-20 something shots per game , where are are those shots going to come from. gasol lamar or kobe.

#2 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted August 03, 2009 - 04:10 PM

:surrender:
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#3 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 03, 2009 - 04:13 PM

Ron Artest has only been a volume shooter throughout his career because the teams he has been a part of have needed him to do that. After Yao went down in the playoffs, the primary option on offense became Artest. In Sacramento, they had no one as Kevin Martin was still young and not reliable. He's had to "chuck" because there was hardly ever anyone on his team that would have been a better option on offense. Here in LA, he doesn't have to be an option on the offensive end to be effective. His defense is more than enough.

And as for Gasol being soft, that's completely false. There was nothing soft about how he played against Howard during the Finals, time to drop that label.

#4 greeneyes

greeneyes

Rookie

• 43 posts
  • Name:smart [expletive].........who me
  • Fan Since:ummmmmmm ALWAYS
  • Fav. Laker:;) ;) wally, it's LUKE

Posted August 03, 2009 - 04:18 PM

he could, but i would like to see him dominate the lane and the boards, if he does that ALL the time then he will also be a great scorer. i don't want to see him turn into the lazy shaq that we all saw a little to much.

#5 rappin' lamar

rappin' lamar

Rookie

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted August 03, 2009 - 04:30 PM

"he could, but i would like to see him dominate the lane and the boards, if he does that ALL the time then he will also be a great scorer. i don't want to see him turn into the lazy shaq that we all saw a little to much."

and that is what will be more effective for us not him scoring but hitting the boards and playing defense . lets hope its not a offensive breakout year but a defensive one . he has the talent and athleticism but to be that lethal big man on defense but he prefers to score

Edited by rappin' lamar, August 03, 2009 - 04:31 PM.

#6 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 03, 2009 - 04:44 PM

If Big B has a breakout year

then 70 wins is assured

And another RING a certainty :dance1:
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#7 rappin' lamar

rappin' lamar

Rookie

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted August 03, 2009 - 04:50 PM

to lord of the rings.........man i love that movie trilogy. am on the last one right now the return of the king. its awesome

but to your comment lets hope so

#8 dodobird1988

dodobird1988

Ring Finger

• PipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • Name:your name
  • Fan Since:When I saw Kareem play ball with glasses on
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted August 04, 2009 - 11:00 AM

:enough:
*<i>insert clever comment here</i>*

#9 ggim125

ggim125

Off The Bench

• 1,703 posts
  • Name:Glenn
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Black Mamba...attack, conquer

Posted August 04, 2009 - 02:55 PM

"he could, but i would like to see him dominate the lane and the boards, if he does that ALL the time then he will also be a great scorer. i don't want to see him turn into the lazy shaq that we all saw a little to much."

and that is what will be more effective for us not him scoring but hitting the boards and playing defense . lets hope its not a offensive breakout year but a defensive one . he has the talent and athleticism but to be that lethal big man on defense but he prefers to score

i hope that is something the coaching staff emphasized during exit interviews after the season. i do agree that if bynum takes care of the glass, then the scoring will come naturally from putbacks.

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

Kundla, Pollard, Mikkelsen, Martin, Lovellette, Mikan
Chick, Baylor, West, Wilt, Goodrich, Wilkes, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Shaq, Kobe, Pau

#10 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted August 04, 2009 - 03:37 PM

ok looking forward to next :clap: year . our team is stacked .but is it two stacked? what if andrew has a break out year where does that leave everone else , artest is a chucker thru out is career ,lamar is most effective when he asserts himself and is aggressive with ball,meaning he has to have the ball in his hand, kobe needs the ball in is hand for us to win, and gasol gets f'ing complacent when he doesn't get the ball or damn well soft. then even our roll players except fisher all are chuckers when the come in especially saha he aint worth sh#T and farmer.

whoa!!!! that was alot but if andrew has a breakout year he will need atleast 15-20 something shots per game , where are are those shots going to come from. gasol lamar or kobe.

The ability to find the negative in even the most positive thing never ceases to amaze.

#11 Big Chief Triangle

Big Chief Triangle

The Best

• 636 posts
  • Name:JJ
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted August 04, 2009 - 04:56 PM

The only way Big Drew has a breakout year is if he crashes the boards and and establishes his post position close to the bucket before the 2nd or 3rd triangle read.

#12 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted August 04, 2009 - 05:20 PM

Drew has broken out. If he remains in tact( healthy), he has nothing to prove. He is straight. We are straight.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#13 Big Chief Triangle

Big Chief Triangle

The Best

• 636 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 05:33 PM

Drew has broken out. If he remains in tact( healthy), he has nothing to prove. He is straight. We are straight.

I agree. The Drewinator just needs to stay healthy and we take over the world.

#14 KobeMVP888

KobeMVP888

Rookie

• Pip
  • 978 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 07:06 PM

The only way Big Drew has a breakout year is if he crashes the boards and and establishes his post position close to the bucket before the 2nd or 3rd triangle read.

We agree. We have so many offensive weapons that if Drew focuses on improving his defense, the rest will follow. Once his right knee is 100%, then the footwork, timing and explosion will all improve. He had a great work ethic last summer and the only thing that would keep him from repeating that would be the big contract and if his head got too fat from just winning the championship, which wouldn't be an uncommon thing for a young player. I'm hoping his bloated contract and the desire to make the all-star team now that Shaq and Yao are out of the way (something he wanted last year) will motivate him this summer. Cap must get in his grill when training camp resumes and preach defense (man-to-man, weak side, shot blocking) and rebounding every day.

Edited by KobeMVP888, August 04, 2009 - 07:07 PM.

#15 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 07:16 PM

The thing about Drew is, i think he could and should be a top three scoring option, even over Artest, and certainly over odom. i could argue, kobeMvp888 that if Artest and Lamar stop worrying about their respective offensive games, let Drew gain his confidence, even if that means Pau taking a back seat, then lets go for it. As great as Pau is, he was never as awe inspiring as the flashes we have seen from Drew on two seperate runs he has been on. less outside shots, More Kobe,pau and Drew on the inside. Rona nd others have wide open outside shots, teams are in big trouble
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#16 Big Chief Triangle

Big Chief Triangle

The Best

• 636 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 07:23 PM

The thing about Drew is, i think he could and should be a top three scoring option, even over Artest, and certainly over odom. i could argue, kobeMvp888 that if Artest and Lamar stop worrying about their respective offensive games, let Drew gain his confidence, even if that means Pau taking a back seat, then lets go for it. As great as Pau is, he was never as awe inspiring as the flashes we have seen from Drew on two seperate runs he has been on. less outside shots, More Kobe,pau and Drew on the inside. Rona nd others have wide open outside shots, teams are in big trouble

Sounds good but Drewology will never be the #2 because Pau is better in the pick n roll/pop.

Drewsensation can average 15 pts 15 rebs, 4 blks, and 4 assts if he gets early post position and crashes the glass.

Drewalarity needs to work on reestablishing his post also.

If Drew Angeles works on these things the game will be so easy for him.

#17 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 172 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dwight Howard

Posted August 04, 2009 - 07:25 PM

I'm sure Gasol will be the first in line to congratulate Bynum if he has a breakout year. Gasol had to log alot of minutes when Bynum was down, and even when he was back, Gasol was often forced to come in earlier due to Bynum's tendency to pick up quick fouls.

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#18 Big Chief Triangle

Big Chief Triangle

The Best

• 636 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 07:35 PM

I'm sure Gasol will be the first in line to congratulate Bynum if he has a breakout year. Gasol had to log alot of minutes when Bynum was down, and even when he was back, Gasol was often forced to come in earlier due to Bynum's tendency to pick up quick fouls.

Absolutely man. I love Drewvette.

Just needs to put it together for an entire year.

#19 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 08:07 PM

Absolutely man. I love Drewvette.

Just needs to put it together for an entire year.

yeah, the Drewski, is going to put it down.
The Drewmizer and the Drewymaniacs are going to go wild....Im sorry

#20 KobeMVP888

KobeMVP888

Rookie

• Pip
  • 978 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 08:25 PM

That will come naturally. Defense always ignites offense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users