Any Saints Row Fans

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 05:58 AM

Im more of a GTA fan than SR.  I played both. Didnt play SR4 yet.  I think GTA is more realistic while SR4 is just for shetz and giggles. 

Well no offense, but duhh. Lol. I mean that's what they go for and they make no secret about it. In fact, in SR4 they manage to take that non-seriousness comedy goofiness to another level even. Too much it seems in fact for even myself. At least not to consider buying it until or unless it's extremely cheap & even then that's no guarantee.

The main thing some people like about Saints over GTA is it tends to have more room for customization & creativity. It has its positives & negatives perhaps like most & almost any, but there are some goodies such as the few I mentioned & several more it offers differentiated from GTA that make it fun for many in its own right as well.

yo.

#22 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,348 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 03, 2013 - 06:09 AM

The first 3 Saints were great, told great stories, imo they messed up the series with the 4th. That's why I like GTA more. because it stays consistent, yeah it's basically the same story scenario every time, but each one they add different elements (like GTA V you get to play as 3 characters whenever you want   

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#23 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted October 03, 2013 - 06:17 AM

Well no offense, but duhh. Lol. I mean that's what they go for and they make no secret about it. In fact, in SR4 they manage to take that non-seriousness comedy goofiness to another level even. Too much it seems in fact for even myself. At least not to consider buying it until or unless it's extremely cheap & even then that's no guarantee.

The main thing some people like about Saints over GTA is it tends to have more room for customization & creativity. It has its positives & negatives perhaps like most & almost any, but there are some goodies such as the few I mentioned & several more it offers differentiated from GTA that make it fun for many in its own right as well.

I agree. I think I might enjoy SR more if I am a little bit younger.  I mean look at the charactors for SR compared to GTA V. The only young person a young player can relate to is Franklin. Even I m not old enough to relate to MIchael who is a 45 year old mid life crises with two kids and a wife or another mid life crises redneck in his 40's also who is a maniac. Not saying SR is not fun. I like both but at times as a guy who is in his early 30's like myself, some of the part seems extremely childish and over the top and quite frankly just stupid in SR games. But it is still fun to play. The customization i agree is better in SR than GTA.

Edited by epicwolf, October 03, 2013 - 06:26 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 06:24 AM

Bout' time the OP of this thread appears and now that you're here, can you be so kind enough to satisfy my curiosity & answer me why you're listed as a guest in page 1? What's the story there?

yo.

#25 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,348 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 06:55 AM

Bout' time the OP of this thread appears and now that you're here, can you be so kind enough to satisfy my curiosity & answer me why you're listed as a guest in page 1? What's the story there?

I got banned by Real Deal back in 09 by saying "F U" or something along those words 

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:07 AM

^ So how were you able to come back? Lol. OG benefit of the doubt special treatment?

I'm glad you were by the way (able to come back however so). I would've reminisced on our bromance.

yo.

#27 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,348 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:16 AM

^ So how were you able to come back? Lol. OG benefit of the doubt special treatment?

I'm glad you were by the way (able to come back however so). I would've reminisced on our bromance.

If you remember I made an apology thread on this account and Brandon saw that as a class move on my part. So, he just added my post count on the other account to this one  

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:21 AM

^ Ahh yes. It's starting to come back to this old mind of mine now. I remember bits & pieces now.

The first 3 Saints were great, told great stories, imo they messed up the series with the 4th.

Which was your personal favorite of the first three & why and what is your personal favorite feature or option that Saints offers that GTA doesn't?

yo.

#29 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,348 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:29 AM

I like the first one, it stayed to the series roots about gangs,

I don't really have a favorite option that Saints Row offers only, I mean you can get haircuts, buy clothes and get tattoos in both game series, So I guess If I have to choose the option of being a Male or Female in Saints

What I wanna' see in both game though is being able to buy gas for your vehicle. They have gas stations So, why not use them?

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:30 AM

What I wanna' see in both game though is being able to buy gas for your vehicle. They have gas stations So, why not use them?

That would certainly add in the realism factor, but it'd probably frustrate many as well having those sorts of limitations at times, lol.

yo.

#31 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,348 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:33 AM

That would certainly add in the realism factor, but it'd probably frustrate many as well having those sorts of limitations at times, lol.

It would definitely not be for others lol. but I would love to see it  

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:34 AM

^ If not make it permanent, they could at least just make it an option to turn on or off.

yo.

#33 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,348 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:37 AM

^ If not make it permanent, they could at least just make it an option to turn on or off.

That would work too, or make it an incentive and put it as a save point instead of driving all the way to a safe-house?

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:38 AM

^ Why they haven't hired a mind such as yours truly baffles me.

yo.

#35 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,348 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:41 AM

^ Why they haven't hired a mind such as yours truly baffles me.

Lol. I just thought of this while playing GTA 5 lol. but yeah I'm shocked as-well that's it's not in the game, as detail-orientated as they're 

#36 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:45 AM

Imagine the charactors [expletive]ing about high gas prices in the game also. That would be funny.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#37 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,348 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:49 AM

You should listen to my ideas I have about wrestling, Cano, meet me in the thread if you're interested 

#38 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:51 AM

That would work too, or make it an incentive and put it as a save point instead of driving all the way to a safe-house?

its actually poinltess really because in GTA 5 you can save anywhere in the game using your cell phone. You dont need to go to a save house to safe. The reason why people use a safehouse to save is to speed up the hours so if u dont like the day time, u can speed up the hours to night time by sleeping. Heck I rarely use the safehouse in GTA 5 to save.

#39 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,348 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:54 AM

its actually poinltess really because in GTA 5 you can save anywhere in the game using your cell phone. You dont need to go to a save house to safe. The reason why people use a safehouse to save is to speed up the hours so if u dont like the day time, u can speed up the hours to night time by sleeping. Heck I rarely use the safehouse in GTA 5 to save.

I'm talking about both series, not just GTA 

#40 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 08:01 AM

Have not played SR4 yet. Can we save anywhere on SR4?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users