#1 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted July 31, 2009 - 05:56 PM

Posted Image
Looking for leadership and a right-handed hitter, the Cincinnati Reds got Scott Rolen from the Toronto Blue Jays on Friday in a swap of third basemen.

Edwin Encarnacion was part of a package of three players the Reds gave up to acquire Rolen, who is batting .320 with eight homers and 43 RBI. They also sent right-handed reliever Josh Roenicke and a minor leaguer to the Blue Jays, who included cash to cover part of Rolen's salary.

The deal was reported earlier by Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com.

Rolen has one more year left on an eight-year, $90 million deal he signed with St. Louis. Former Cardinals general manager Walt Jocketty made it a priority to get Rolen.

"He will bring a lot to this ballclub that's been lacking," said Jocketty, in his second season as the Reds GM. "He brings leadership. He's a veteran. I think he'll add a lot to this club. And he's still playing well. He's a good RBI man and a Gold Glove at third base."

The 34-year-old Rolen is a five-time All-Star. He was the 1997 NL Rookie of the Year with Philadelphia and helped St. Louis win the 2006 World Series.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users