#61 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 13, 2009 - 02:49 PM

No one else has tried a La Cie huh??

Always rated very high...cost a little more, BUT YA GET for a slight price premium, the flexibility of USB, SATA, FireWire 400, and FireWire 800 data interfaces. Quadruple Interface for Unmatched Performance and Compatibility
The LaCie 301442U d2 Quadra External Hard Drive features one eSATA 3 Gbit port, two FireWire 800 ports (9-pin), one FireWire 400 port (6-pin), and one hi-speed USB 2.0 port that is USB 1.1-compatible. (Cables for each connection are conveniently included with the drive.) This quadruple interface makes the d2 Quadra ideal for demanding multi-media applications that require extreme speed as well as universal connectivity. The eSATA interface offers a blazing transfer rate of up to 300 MB per second (3Gbits/sec), while FireWire allows you to connect directly to your DV camera

Had this one for 2 months. Will buy others/stack rack available. Really cool look too
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#62 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 13, 2009 - 04:30 PM

It worksss still - apparently. But I can't open up anything. :unsure: My work is saved on there so I don't know how in the world I can get to it now, since I need to get my site up asap.

You really need to get a new hdd and transfer everything over asap. -_-

So does anyone know how to stop the file transfer from the external to my internal when I play itunes which is already on my external?

Why would you want to trouble yourself of that? Stop and close your itunes and the file transfer will be halted and remnants be destroyed.

#63 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,255 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 13, 2009 - 06:31 PM

one of my housemates has a 750gig lacie...good stuff

Posted Image

#64 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,322 posts

Posted August 13, 2009 - 07:49 PM

I asked somebody on the Apple forums and he helped me out. Now, if there's an easier way to mass delete songs...

Posted Image

#65 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted August 13, 2009 - 08:57 PM

I've got a LaCie myself. Moving all my music to it right now. 60GB taken up [200GB capacity]. Probably going to move all my pictures there [except the design projects I'd be working on at any given moment] to clear up even more space. Also been deleting unnecessary or rarely used programs in efforts to keep my Mac running as efficient as possible.

#66 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,322 posts

Posted August 13, 2009 - 09:42 PM

I've got a LaCie myself. Moving all my music to it right now. 60GB taken up [200GB capacity]. Probably going to move all my pictures there [except the design projects I'd be working on at any given moment] to clear up even more space. Also been deleting unnecessary or rarely used programs in efforts to keep my Mac running as efficient as possible.

I'm running a 500 GB WD... I just moved all my music and it made copies of all the songs on my iTunes so I had a ton of deleting.

Posted Image

#67 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,399 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 14, 2009 - 05:00 AM

I've got 2 lacie 500gig portable harddrive, they fit in the palm of my hand, great invention.
Posted Image

#68 Dr.PhilUpOnU

Dr.PhilUpOnU

Starter

• 4,284 posts
  • Name:Dale
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 Trevor Ariza

Posted August 22, 2009 - 11:51 AM

I was going to make a thread about this but good thing I searched for it first..

Im looking to buy an external hardrive, can I use it to backup my files and use it as storage as well..

can anyone teach me how to partition the hard drive. I have a MBP and Time machine so I dont need any backup programs anymore...

BTY heres the hard drive im looking into buying.

http://www.buy.com/p.../206821006.html

if you know any other site where I can buy a 1TB hard drive let me know..

Thanks in advance for the help! ;)

Posted Image

#69 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,104 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted August 22, 2009 - 12:59 PM

this LaCie, works for both MAC's & Windows? i ask bcuz my desktop is a windows, and i'm planning on giving my desktop to my lil bro, and i wanna xfer everythin' to my mac book(which i am gettin next summer :cry:) but i wanna be prepared

Edited by vong, August 22, 2009 - 01:01 PM.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#70 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 22, 2009 - 01:13 PM

this LaCie, works for both MAC's & Windows? i ask bcuz my desktop is a windows, and i'm planning on giving my desktop to my lil bro, and i wanna xfer everythin' to my mac book(which i am gettin next summer :cry:) but i wanna be prepared

LaCie is extremely compatible. My son bought one 1st (Mac Book Pro) and its why I bought one for my PC.
The 4 different USB cords are what sold me. They can produce extreme high speed downloads.
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#71 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,104 posts

Posted August 22, 2009 - 09:31 PM

LaCie is extremely compatible. My son bought one 1st (Mac Book Pro) and its why I bought one for my PC.
The 4 different USB cords are what sold me. They can produce extreme high speed downloads.

ahh excellent... thanks thanks i'll save up for one of these. so then, i don't needa reformat from windows hard drive -> mac or anythin? this is the one i wanna get

http://www.lacie.com...t.htm?pid=11104

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#72 Dr.PhilUpOnU

Dr.PhilUpOnU

Starter

• 4,284 posts

Posted August 22, 2009 - 09:32 PM

I was going to make a thread about this but good thing I searched for it first..

Im looking to buy an external hardrive, can I use it to backup my files and use it as storage as well..

can anyone teach me how to partition the hard drive. I have a MBP and Time machine so I dont need any backup programs anymore...

BTY heres the hard drive im looking into buying.

http://www.buy.com/p.../206821006.html

if you know any other site where I can buy a 1TB hard drive let me know..

Thanks in advance for the help! ;)

no reply?! :cry:

Posted Image

#73 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,364 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted August 22, 2009 - 09:32 PM

i just use aerosol spray

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#74 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,104 posts

Posted August 22, 2009 - 09:35 PM

no reply?! :cry:

http://www.newegg.co.......p;x=21&y=19

these?

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#75 Dr.PhilUpOnU

Dr.PhilUpOnU

Starter

• 4,284 posts

Posted August 30, 2009 - 08:11 AM

ah! I need to buy one before I upgrade to snow leopard... I want a clean install!!

Posted Image

#76 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,255 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted August 30, 2009 - 05:49 PM

ah! I need to buy one before I upgrade to snow leopard... I want a clean install!!

do the research...read reviews, figure out which one you wanna buy, then search for the cheapest price online you can find...or post the one you wanna buy here and someone here will find it cheap for you

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users