Vick is back!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,391 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 30, 2009 - 03:32 PM

So, making it to the NFC Championship means nothing to you?

Participating in dog fighting doesn't make you sick in the head.

George Bush is sick in the head and look what he accomplished.

naw it was cool. Vick just has no consistancy because hes realy a receiver or a back. Guy would miss wide open side lie passes all the time. Just dump offs. 2004 was a good season. The special teams was unbelievable that year. Field position led to the 11-5 record and the Playoffs. Vick did his job that season by moving the ball on the ground. The the next season they were 5-11. Like I said....inconsistant.

#22 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted August 04, 2009 - 05:42 PM

Vick was a GREAT player, he just wasnt what THE MAN, wanted him to be. its obvious when you have a QB rush for 1000 yards, that he isnt a joke....Dogfighting should not be illegal and even if it is, do you want your taxes to keep non-threats like Plax and Vick in jail, 30,000 a year to feed and house millionaires....System hates successful black men
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#23 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,391 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted August 05, 2009 - 06:25 AM

Vick was a GREAT player, he just wasnt what THE MAN, wanted him to be. its obvious when you have a QB rush for 1000 yards, that he isnt a joke....Dogfighting should not be illegal and even if it is, do you want your taxes to keep non-threats like Plax and Vick in jail, 30,000 a year to feed and house millionaires....System hates successful black men

I agree that Vick was a great player. However he was only a above average QB. He should have been a wide out. How many yards did Joe Montana rush for? Not many, but 4 superbowls. What about Brady or Big Ben now? Scrambler QB's dont help their teams. They limit their growth in the passing offense and that makes them 1 dimensional. Still he wasnt the worst. Id take Vick over Alex Smith any day.

Now as far as dog fighting being legal...??? you lost cred on that one. 99 of 100 people will tell you that its sick for a human being to watch any other animal rip themselves apart untill death. Especially k9's which are a household pet. If you think its ok for a dog to be forced to do things against its own free will (such as being forced to fight) then you must support slavery of all forms. Because the dog isnt vollenteering to fight and kill. Its natural insticts are being manipulated by a superior species into thinking this is what its supposed to do. Thats called regression. Just like when the black slaves in the cotton fields had no sense of freedom because they were conditioned to except life as it was. Humans and animals behave the same if were born into a life of bondage and have never experienced anything else. Furthermore you must support all forms of cruelty to animals such as beastialty and forced animal sex. This as well as dog fighting is all a form of slavery. What makes it acceptable to you?

And now for your racial comment on how the "system" (whatever that is?) hates successful black men and how putting them in jail is a waste of money after they commit federal crimes.
Vick commited a federal crime and he was caught. The law wasnt institutionalized solely for Vick. It existed for many years before he was born. Many people of every culture both poor and rich have been arrested for varaitions of the same crime. Vick was more of a target because of his high profile coverage and how it would set a example for others in the future. And Vick openly admitted to it and served his time and debt to society for doing so.

Just like a rich Italian man named Alphonse Capone (who was as high profile as US Presidents) commited the crime of supplying people with Alchohol during the years of prohibition. He became a target of the law to set a future example towards would be criminals. And Al Capone wasnt even arrested for supplying America with a substance it wanted. He was at first arrested for tax evasion then later charged with illegal liquor production and distribution.

So is it safe to say that System hates successful Italian men?

#24 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 05, 2009 - 10:12 AM

naw it was cool. Vick just has no consistancy because hes realy a receiver or a back. Guy would miss wide open side lie passes all the time. Just dump offs. 2004 was a good season. The special teams was unbelievable that year. Field position led to the 11-5 record and the Playoffs. Vick did his job that season by moving the ball on the ground. The the next season they were 5-11. Like I said....inconsistant.

For his skill set, he's pretty good. Rushed for 1000 yds and passed for over 2000 yds in a season. 2002 and 2006 were solid years. He never threw more INTs than TDs except for in his rookie year in which he threw 2 TDs and 3 INTs but he only played 8 games and started 2. And like I said, he's never really had any WRs.

Besides, its not like the NFL has a buffet of good QBs.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#25 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 10:20 AM

I agree that Vick was a great player. However he was only a above average QB. He should have been a wide out. How many yards did Joe Montana rush for? Not many, but 4 superbowls. What about Brady or Big Ben now? Scrambler QB's dont help their teams. They limit their growth in the passing offense and that makes them 1 dimensional. Still he wasnt the worst. Id take Vick over Alex Smith any day.

Now as far as dog fighting being legal...??? you lost cred on that one. 99 of 100 people will tell you that its sick for a human being to watch any other animal rip themselves apart untill death. Especially k9's which are a household pet. If you think its ok for a dog to be forced to do things against its own free will (such as being forced to fight) then you must support slavery of all forms. Because the dog isnt vollenteering to fight and kill. Its natural insticts are being manipulated by a superior species into thinking this is what its supposed to do. Thats called regression. Just like when the black slaves in the cotton fields had no sense of freedom because they were conditioned to except life as it was. Humans and animals behave the same if were born into a life of bondage and have never experienced anything else. Furthermore you must support all forms of cruelty to animals such as beastialty and forced animal sex. This as well as dog fighting is all a form of slavery. What makes it acceptable to you?

And now for your racial comment on how the "system" (whatever that is?) hates successful black men and how putting them in jail is a waste of money after they commit federal crimes.
Vick commited a federal crime and he was caught. The law wasnt institutionalized solely for Vick. It existed for many years before he was born. Many people of every culture both poor and rich have been arrested for varaitions of the same crime. Vick was more of a target because of his high profile coverage and how it would set a example for others in the future. And Vick openly admitted to it and served his time and debt to society for doing so.

Just like a rich Italian man named Alphonse Capone (who was as high profile as US Presidents) commited the crime of supplying people with Alchohol during the years of prohibition. He became a target of the law to set a future example towards would be criminals. And Al Capone wasnt even arrested for supplying America with a substance it wanted. He was at first arrested for tax evasion then later charged with illegal liquor production and distribution.

So is it safe to say that System hates successful Italian men?

You said above average QB as if thats a bad thing.

Scrambler QBs don't help their teams? lol! Does the name Steve Young mean anything to you?

Did you just compare dog fighting to slavery? Come on now...you're better than that. Man...Animal; Man...Animal. No correlation. His punishment was wayyyyyyy too severe especially when you have other players doing drugs and killing people and they're still allowed to earn a living.

Besides, the American justice system is :censored: up.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#26 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 10:34 AM

No he didnt.

Yeh, Matt Jones was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance back in 2008. Six grams of cocaine was found. He was allowed to go to drug court instead of criminal court which kept the conviction off his record. All the NFL did was suspend him for 3 weeks and he was playing again in week 8.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#27 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,391 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 10:54 AM

You said above average QB as if thats a bad thing.

Scrambler QBs don't help their teams? lol! Does the name Steve Young mean anything to you?

Did you just compare dog fighting to slavery? Come on now...you're better than that. Man...Animal; Man...Animal. No correlation. His punishment was wayyyyyyy too severe especially when you have other players doing drugs and killing people and they're still allowed to earn a living.

Besides, the American justice system is :censored: up.

In dont think its right to force animals to do things. I like dogs man. I dont think its right to force humans to do things. Ive said it before, were all gods creations. Forcing a dog to fight for its life is sick. Forcing humans to fight for their life is sick. Look at ancient Rome and the gladiators. Most Gladiators didnt want to fight but were forced to because they were enslaved.

#28 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 11:03 AM

In dont think its right to force animals to do things. I like dogs man. I dont think its right to force humans to do things. Ive said it before, were all gods creations. Forcing a dog to fight for its life is sick. Forcing humans to fight for their life is sick. Look at ancient Rome and the gladiators. Most Gladiators didnt want to fight but were forced to because they were enslaved.

You're prolly right but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. There are too many strict punishments that don't fit the crime and there are times in which the sentences are too light. You mean to tell me you can kill a human being and get a lighter sentence than someone that fights dogs?

Where's your objection to slaughtering Mary's lamb? Where's your objection to slaughtering Bugs Bunny? Some people even eat dogs...where's your objection to that? I'm sure Rin Tin Tin doesn't want his leg eaten.

Humans fight for their lives all the time...especially in prison.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#29 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,391 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 11:25 AM

You're prolly right but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. There are too many strict punishments that don't fit the crime and there are times in which the sentences are too light. You mean to tell me you can kill a human being and get a lighter sentence than someone that fights dogs?

Where's your objection to slaughtering Mary's lamb? Where's your objection to slaughtering Bugs Bunny? Some people even eat dogs...where's your objection to that? I'm sure Rin Tin Tin doesn't want his leg eaten.

Humans fight for their lives all the time...especially in prison.

I agree with all you said above. I just have a soft spot for animals. People shouldnt kill animals unless its for food or to end pain. But I thought about it after I typed it and I know Human life is more important than any dog lifes or any other animal.
And its true the punishment doesnt always match the crime.
Like that beezie that was drugged up and cooking, and went to put the chicken in the oven but grabbed her 1 month old baby instead, and cooked her poor baby to death.....that [expletive] only got 5 years.
So to say what Vick did was 40% as bad as what that woman did is crazy.

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 11:34 AM

I agree with all you said above. I just have a soft spot for animals. People shouldnt kill animals unless its for food or to end pain. But I thought about it after I typed it and I know Human life is more important than any dog lifes or any other animal.
And its true the punishment doesnt always match the crime.
Like that beezie that was drugged up and cooking, and went to put the chicken in the oven but grabbed her 1 month old baby instead, and cooked her poor baby to death.....that [expletive] only got 5 years.
So to say what Vick did was 40% as bad as what that woman did is crazy.

Don't get me wrong...I like animals but lets keep things in perspective here: They are animals. Mike Vick has been scrutinized, lost his job, went to jail, lost money, lost endorsments, and etc. He's done his time and now he can barely get a team to sign him as if he was some kind of bane to society. I mean, what more do people want from him? And then he has to kiss Roger Goodell's [expletive] just so he can get his job back? While other players in the NFL do far worse and at the most all they get is a slap on the wrist? I didn't like how it all went down...it was covered all over the sports news, the local media covered it, CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, and etc all jumped on the dude as if he assassinated a mutha :censored:

And how can you justify the killing of animals simply for food? Eat vegetables and fruit. I almost always question the legal system because its highly inconsistent, ineffective, and very hypocritical.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#31 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,391 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 12:17 PM

Don't get me wrong...I like animals but lets keep things in perspective here: They are animals. Mike Vick has been scrutinized, lost his job, went to jail, lost money, lost endorsments, and etc. He's done his time and now he can barely get a team to sign him as if he was some kind of bane to society. I mean, what more do people want from him? And then he has to kiss Roger Goodell's [expletive] just so he can get his job back? While other players in the NFL do far worse and at the most all they get is a slap on the wrist? I didn't like how it all went down...it was covered all over the sports news, the local media covered it, CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, and etc all jumped on the dude as if he assassinated a mutha :censored:

And how can you justify the killing of animals simply for food? Eat vegetables and fruit. I almost always question the legal system because its highly inconsistent, ineffective, and very hypocritical.

I said I believe he served his time. And if he finds a team that will let him play he should be able to. His occupation has nothing to do with his crime. And your right. The one NFL guy in Miami (I think) killed someone while drving drunk and got 30 days in jail. So no argument there. Its obvious that the justice system responds to public out cry.

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 12:20 PM

The one NFL guy in Miami (I think) killed someone while drving drunk and got 30 days in jail.

That was Donte Stallworth and he plays for the Cleveland Browns.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,391 posts

Posted August 13, 2009 - 08:54 AM

Press is expecting he should make a announcement that hes playing for Green Bay or Cincinnati tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users