Posted January 08, 2012 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

hR3rI.png

#102 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,922 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 09, 2012 - 05:50 AM

I posted that on the Falcons FB page....lmao

#103 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted April 26, 2012 - 07:13 AM

A strong but high-priced trio at cornerback with Asante Samuel, Dunta Robinson and Brent Grimes under new defensive coordinator Mike Nolan.
Looking good.

#104 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,252 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 26, 2012 - 12:38 PM

excited about asante, but we still have yet to address our biggest problem, our O-LINE!

2div

#105 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts

Posted April 26, 2012 - 01:35 PM

lots of OL in the draft. 2nd and 3rd rd picks better be OL.

#106 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts

Posted April 28, 2012 - 07:29 AM

Falcons select Southern Miss OT Lamar Holmes with the number 91 overall pick in the NFL Draft. Welcome to the Atlanta Falcons Lamar!
DUDE LOOKS LIKE THE HULK!
Posted Image

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 28, 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#107 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts

Posted April 28, 2012 - 07:37 AM

and Peter Konz, Wisconsin
Posted Image

Falcons drafted a pair of monsters for the O Line :rock:

Atlanta Falcons NFL Draft: Konz, Holmes Could Bring Back The Nastiness

by Alexander Shirkey • Apr 28, 2012 11:16 AM EDT

Neither of the Atlanta Falcons draft picks on Friday night were flashy, sexy, or any combination of the two. But they were necessary, and give the team two great prospects that could be able to contribute right away.

More importantly, both of these players bring back the "mean streak" that was inexplicably lost to this offensive line once Harvey Dahl left for St. Louis. They play through the whistle. They'll battle for 60 minutes.

And hopefully, fourth-and-ones and QB sneaks won't be so unbearably painful to watch anymore.

Star-divide

Round 2- OG/C Peter Konz, Wisconsin

At 6'5 and 314, Konz is your prototypical big-bodied, punishing Big Ten run-blocker. Practically every team had Konz listed as the best center in the draft, but he projects a a right guard for the Falcons, and will probably be the starter on day one.

The lowdown on Konz is that he's just what we've come to expect from a Dimitroff draft pick: he's a high-character guy, has a lot of football smarts, and versatile enough to plug in at multiple positions. He's also experienced, starting 30 games in three years for the Badgers, a team that traditionally likes to run the ball inside.

The main knock on Konz, however (and this perplexes me), is that he's missed some amount of time in each season at Wisconsin. Given what terrible luck the Falcons have had with rookie health (Jerry, Weatherspoon, Julio), I question why would Atlanta take a guy with durability concerns.

But beyond that- and unlike a few others- I really do like this pick. Konz can make an impact right away at right guard- something a team that's in "win-now mode" could use- and once McClure retires he's the center of the future. Quality selection.

Round 3- OT Lamar Holmes, Southern Mississippi

The Falcons traded down about six spots to pick up a fifth-rounder, and still managed to get the player (I think) they wanted.

While the position wasn't a surprise at all, the Holmes pick caught me a little off-guard. All reports on the tackle out of Southern Miss indicate that he's a project linemen, someone with all the physical tools but in need of some coaching and refinement. He's also listed as a "raw" pass-blocker.

Basically, he won't be starting this year. Might as well gear up for one more year of the Baker/Svitek duo, folks.

The pick also left me scratching my head a little bit because there were more than a few guys (Bobby Massie, Zebrie Sanders, Ladarius Green and Brandon Thompson) who I felt like would be better fits.

But like Konz, Holmes is massive (6'5, 323 lbs), a very capable run-blocker, nasty on the field and flawless off of it. I think we won't really see him get much time until 2013 at the earliest, but if he pans out the Falcons will have one big, mean offensive line.

As for the final day of the draft, look for the Falcons to make a few "depth picks" at positions like safety, tight end, and linebacker. Guys like TE Ladarius Green, DT Josh Chapman, and FS George Iloka are all still on the board.

#108 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 01:00 PM

"THIS is the year of Matt Ryan" ~ Jerry Rice

#109 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,609 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted September 09, 2012 - 01:11 PM

Pipe down only 1 game
Posted Image

#110 androsays

androsays

• 4,252 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 06:03 PM

Matty Ice and Julio gonna be a great connection for years to come

We gonna make noise this year!!!!

2div

#111 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts

Posted September 10, 2012 - 01:30 PM

Optimus out for the entire season with a torn Achilles tendon. [expletive].
I didnt even know he got injured at all yesterday.
This [expletive]ing sucks.

#112 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 04:33 PM

John Gruden on ESPN said something that Ive been saying for the past 4 seasons: "Matt Ryan is the YOUNG Peyton Manning". The guys game is identical in almost every way. Matt Ryan admits being a huge Peyton fan. The differences so far imho is Peyton had a better O-line and Ryans got a better receiving core. But 2night Ryans gonna take on and beat his Idol. Manning will get his and move the ball. The injury to ATL CB Brent Grimes will help that. But the Broncos and every team in the NFL is gonna have to outscore the best offense in the NFL this season. And in the Broncs case I dont see the balanced offensive weapons to be able to do that.

#113 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,954 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 17, 2012 - 04:34 PM

is this the year that ATL gets over that hurdle??? stay tuned!!!!
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#114 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 05:05 PM

is this the year that ATL gets over that hurdle??? stay tuned!!!!

We just wanna win a playoff game.... :laughing:

#115 androsays

androsays

• 4,252 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 11:18 PM

ATL O-line looked great tonight

2div

#116 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 18, 2012 - 05:50 AM

John Gruden on ESPN said something that Ive been saying for the past 4 seasons: "Matt Ryan is the YOUNG Peyton Manning". The guys game is identical in almost every way. Matt Ryan admits being a huge Peyton fan. The differences so far imho is Peyton had a better O-line and Ryans got a better receiving core. But 2night Ryans gonna take on and beat his Idol. Manning will get his and move the ball. The injury to ATL CB Brent Grimes will help that. But the Broncos and every team in the NFL is gonna have to outscore the best offense in the NFL this season. And in the Broncs case I dont see the balanced offensive weapons to be able to do that.

A lot of people have been saying that, I always read that on ESPN too.

Went to bed at halftime cuz I had work in the AM, didn't realize Broncos still had a chance to come back after Peyton's horrible 1st quarter.

If Peyton Manning has a 3 int in 1st 8 attempts type of game you better be up by a lot cuz even at his worst they can still come back.

Edited by Draztik, September 18, 2012 - 05:53 AM.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#117 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 05:17 PM

3-0
next 5 games ATL should steam roll.
Panthers
Skins
Raiders
Eagles
Cowboys
8-0 looks very possible at the moment.

#118 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,954 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 27, 2012 - 08:30 PM

3-0
Panthers
Skins
Raiders
Eagles
Cowboys

It helps that 3/5 games are in the A but thats not a cakewalk schedule by any means.

vs Carolina should be tough simply because it's a divisional game
@ Washington may be a test too because before they ATL, they have to go to Tampa and play my Bucs (and we're in need of a win) so win/lose they'll be motivated for ATL
vs Oakland shouldn't be a problem
@ Philly will be tough
vs Dallas...ATL can take this game

I think ya'll are looking at 3-2 or 4-1
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#119 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted September 29, 2012 - 10:50 PM

3-0
Panthers
Skins
Raiders
Eagles
Cowboys

:laughing: @ the Falcons steamrolling the Cowboys and Eagles. They could win sure, but no way in hell they steam roll.
htCCl0m.png

#120 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 12:48 PM

theres a changing of the guard in the NFL. Falcons are the elite team. Everyone better just accept that and let it sink into reality. Matt Ryan is the best QB in the game statistically and when it comes to leadership and game IQ.
4-0 you haters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users