• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 26, 2014 - 08:23 AM

Atlanta Falcons

Current picks: 6, 37, 68, 103, 139, 147, 182, 220, 253, 255

Needs: Pass rusher, offensive tackle, tight end

The Falcons have much more talent than their 4-12 record indicated last season, though depth has been affected by some iffy drafts in the past few seasons. The mantra has been to get bigger and stronger on defense, which led to the signings of defensive linemen Tyson Jackson and Paul Soliai. Atlanta will be more diverse schematically on that side of the ball, but pass protection and vertical production in the passing game are issues that must be addressed.

With the sixth overall pick, and the fifth pick in the second round, general manager Thomas Dimitroff has the chips — and if he wants to trade up to snag Jadeveon Clowney, that’s not out of the question. The tight end position will need to be addressed now that the ageless Tony Gonzalez has finally hung ‘em up. The top 10 is a bit early for either of the top prospects in this draft — North Carolina’s Eric Ebron and Texas Tech’s Jace Amaro — but the Falcons could get good value later on with Notre Dame’s Troy Niklas or Iowa’s C.J. Fiedorowicz. And at some point, the offensive line that was an injury-plagued mess in 2013 must be improved. The Falcons could start by grabbing a franchise-level left tackle, since Sam Baker really hasn’t done the job in that department. If either Jake Matthews or Greg Robinson were to fall to the sixth slot, that’d be a great place to start.

http://nfl.si.com/20...ft-needs-nfc/2/

Edited by Windu, April 26, 2014 - 08:24 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#482 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,434 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 29, 2014 - 06:17 AM

People are gonna be shocked when Atlanta's 6'-8" TE Levine Toilolo has a pro bowl break out season. Pick him up on your fantasy teams people because hes gonna be a beast in the Falcons offense.

The truth is in the Falcons spread offense, with protection for Ryan, any decent TE is gonna put up big stats. And in limited time I saw him play last year and working out the last few seasons with Tony G. Toilolo is set to be ATL's biggest surprise this season.

As far as Clowney..if they can do it, then great. If not I want Matthews or Robinson. What I dont get is how the 5 teams above Atlanta, excluding the Rams...dont wanna pick a QB that can be their franchise player. Houston already has the best DE in the game and they stink because they cant put up points. They were 2-14. With Clowney what happens....maybe 4-12???

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#483 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,434 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted April 29, 2014 - 06:21 AM

btw, Falcons schedule is much easier this year. Last season we had to play 10 playoff teams including NE, Seattle and SF. 3 of the final 4 teams. This year is a piece of cake in comparison.

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 29, 2014 - 06:22 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#484 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,149 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted April 30, 2014 - 03:21 PM

People are gonna be shocked when Atlanta's 6'-8" TE Levine Toilolo has a pro bowl break out season. Pick him up on your fantasy teams people because hes gonna be a beast in the Falcons offense.
The truth is in the Falcons spread offense, with protection for Ryan, any decent TE is gonna put up big stats. And in limited time I saw him play last year and working out the last few seasons with Tony G. Toilolo is set to be ATL's biggest surprise this season.

As far as Clowney..if they can do it, then great. If not I want Matthews or Robinson. What I dont get is how the 5 teams above Atlanta, excluding the Rams...dont wanna pick a QB that can be their franchise player. Houston already has the best DE in the game and they stink because they cant put up points. They were 2-14. With Clowney what happens....maybe 4-12???

I remember toilolo from Stanford, he always killed SC but in that spread offense he should do just fine in Atlanta, you guys are still trying to move up in the draft correct?

#485 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,747 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 30, 2014 - 03:52 PM

No definite word yet from our GM. Interview on NFL insiders today seems like he was against it, saying that it would involve future 1st rounders and he didn't sound down

I honestly wouldn't mind moving down, still within the top 10-13, according to Kiper there are 4 top OL prospects in the top 20.

I'm switching my stance from a couple posts ago on this thread, I'd rather protect Matt Ryan and fill out the defense with our remaining picks, I'm sure we'll find some gems in later rounds or amongst the undrafted

2div

#486 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,434 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 06:30 PM

I remember toilolo from Stanford, he always killed SC but in that spread offense he should do just fine in Atlanta, you guys are still trying to move up in the draft correct?

the rumors are ATL gives our #6 and #37 pick to Houston in exchange for the top pick and a offensive lineman. But it's just talk till draft day.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#487 androsays

androsays

• 4,747 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 06:47 PM

Woah, that's it?!? I'd be [expletive]in down!

2div

#488 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 30, 2014 - 06:55 PM

Why would you guys want to trade up?

You need depth

#489 androsays

androsays

• 4,747 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 07:09 PM

I agree with you 100%, but if all takes to get a generational talent like Jadaveon is our 1st and 2nd for THIS YEAR only, I'm all up for it

In comparison, when we traded up for Julio, we gave up 5 picks, three of which were two first rounders and a second rounder

Then again we had to trade up 21 spots for Julio and only 5 for Clowney

2div

#490 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,149 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted April 30, 2014 - 09:07 PM

I think you could get defensive lineman later in the draft, besides clowney still scares me to much to take him so high, let alone give multiple picks for him, maybe you could grab an O-lineman?

#491 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted May 01, 2014 - 01:36 AM

I would not trade up for Clowney. I think most mocks have him rated too high (including mine) but teams are banking on potential...which he has a lot of.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#492 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,434 posts

Posted May 01, 2014 - 03:06 AM

I agree with everything, everyone said^ 

If they do pull a trade and we get Clowney then cool. If we dont and we get to draft OL Mathews or Robinson with our 6 pick, and we still retain all our other 9 picks after than, I'm still happy.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#493 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,434 posts

Posted May 07, 2014 - 07:45 AM

Lots of talk about the 49ers trading Lamichael James to ATL??

From SF Board:
Trade scenario: The Falcons own 10 draft picks in this year’s draft. In a straight one-for-one deal, I can see the 49ers receiving one of their fourth-round draft picks at (No. 103) for James. However, if the 49ers want to move up in the first-round and targetWR Mike Evans at (No. 6), I can see them packaging James, their first-round pick (No. 30) and an additional third-round pick (No. 94) to grab the second best receiver in this year’s deep draft class.
http://ninerfans.com...dallas-cowboys/

From ATL Board

The Falcons Should Trade For 49ers RB LaMichael James

I'm not saying James will become a great pro player. I'm not saying James will become a good pro player. I'm not saying James will become anything other than a bust.

What I am saying is that James offers potential far above his reported value of a 6th or 7th round selection. Per Rotoworld:

ESPN's Mark Dominik stated on NFL Insiders that he believes the 49ers could only recoup a sixth- or seventh-round pick for 2012 second-rounder LaMichael James "if they're lucky."

Thomas Dimitroff has made such trades before. He successfully turned a 7th round pick into Domonique Foxworth, who played so well he cost too much for Atlanta. And, of course, less successfullyTye Hill. I liked seeing Atlanta sign Gabe Carimi, a guard/tackle who flamed out in Chicago after being a first-round pick. Carimi will likely remain a bad player but has the potential to be a good, even great player. The Falcons gave up nothing for a guy with a ceiling much higher than the typical camp body.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#494 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted May 08, 2014 - 04:57 PM

1175594_10152212199186263_35268181702777

Pau Gasol is GONE

#495 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,434 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 03:58 AM

Feelin good bout BIG JAKE protecting Matty Ice. With Jake and Asamoah Ryan is gonna have the best end protection hes had his entire career. Matty Ice with protection is gonna kick some ass.

1610000_680860791974381_5001122039353799

Edited by LakersGAFan, May 09, 2014 - 05:49 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#496 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,434 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 09:52 AM

Falcons pick 5th tonight:
We now need Defensive Ends, Defensive Tackles and a Safety.

According to the NFL ratings the best 3 remaining players at each position:
DE=Demarcus Lawrence, Kony Ealy, Scott Crichton
DT=Louis Nix, Timmy Jernigan, Stephen Tuitt
SS=Brock Vernon, Dezmen Southward, Craig Loston
FS=Terrance Brooks, Marqueston Huff, Dion Bailey

And I really really want Lache Seastrunk RB from Baylor. Dude could hold it down for us if SJ39 doesnt make it happen. I want the guys in Red

Edited by LakersGAFan, May 09, 2014 - 10:35 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#497 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,434 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 04:20 PM

So excited. Just got tix for me and my dad to the Browns game to watch my Falcons kill Johnny Football Nov 23rd. 45 yard line row 6. Best seats I ever had. So happy

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#498 androsays

androsays

• 4,747 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 04:59 PM

After doing some studying... i absolutely LOVE Davonta Freeman in the 4th round - 1,000+ yard rusher last year, and i believe this past year was his real first year starting, and even then he wasn't used exclusively, so not much tread on his tires. Also, two of his big pluses is his pass blocking (ALWAYS helps) and he catches the ball well. 5'8", so he's a little small (not Quizz small), but 65% of his carries last year were inside, so he doesn't shy away from the contact. 

And Yawin Smallwood (LB) picked in the 7th round is an absolute steal. Beginning of the CFB year, he was rated in the top 100, but horrible combine numbers (particularly his 5 second 40 yard) made him fall hard. However, I read that 40 time was mainly because he strained a hamstring the previous try, but ran through it. Also, scouts say his on field instincts are top notch, so he plays a lot faster then whats on paper.

Can't wait for this year to start! 

2div

#499 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,434 posts

Posted May 22, 2014 - 06:05 AM

Signed all our Draft Picks. Not really news but now everyone can focus on Camp.

Still hope we trade for a good DE.

But were running lots of 3-4 with all these young LBs. The white dude that looks like Clay Matthews might be the steal of the entire draft. Hes looking phenom so far.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#500 androsays

androsays

• 4,747 posts

Posted May 22, 2014 - 10:48 AM

Yeah I'm reading Shembo and Starr as OLBs in that 3-4 are impressive

2div

0 user(s) are reading this topic