androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,775 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 23, 2013 - 08:41 PM

God dammit

This game pretty much sums up the last 6 years... So close yet so [expletive]ing far

[expletive]!!!!!!!

On to the draft...

2div

• 40,431 posts

Posted December 23, 2013 - 11:42 PM

On to the draft...

What do you think you most need? Who do you want?

yo.

#463 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,484 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 24, 2013 - 09:39 AM

I was ok. Matty Ice gave SF one of the best QB performances they've seen since Joe. Everyone could tell he had little to work with but he just kept coming. The pick 6 wasn't his bad. Harry Douglas had it in his damn hands for a 1st down. He tried to do to much. Every SF fan was given Ryan his props. So I was ok actually. Cuzz if we won we woulda hurt our draft pick position and worst of all...we would have helped the Saints. #WhoDatNow ....lol

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#464 androsays

androsays

• 4,775 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 06:14 PM

What do you think you most need? Who do you want?

I want either a defensive end or a linebacker with our 1st pick, but if clowney and barr are both taken, i'm down to go with that A&M OL jake matthews

2div

#465 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,484 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted December 30, 2013 - 12:52 PM

#6 pick

I'm happy.

That should solve the O Line issue.

My Birds only lost 3 games all season by more than 7 points.

Wanna know the difference between my Falcons now and the Falcons that coulda been 11-5 and in the playoffs this year? 21 total points.
It took a no call ball jarring loose hit for SF to beat us in the final minute. And it took a snap from our center to nobody for Carolina to sneak by us in the final minute. And those are top defenses.

Hell Carolina sacked Ryan 9 times. And he still went for 300 yards and 2 TDs and we only lost by 1. And if the "snap to nowhere" never happened we win by 2 on a FG. Name 1 other QB in the league that could take that punishment? Anyone?....nope.

Oh well, Whats done is done. its all for the best because we cant fix our O Line issues via trades or FA.

I want:

pick #6: Greg Robinson, OT from Auburn

pick #38 or trade up: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT from Tex A&M

Thats my dream draft picks right there. I know 1 of the 2 are secure. theres some other good OT in the draft. But thats who I would target.

Imagine Ryan with 3-4 seconds of protection. Imagine Julio and Roddy getting to run down field routes instead of 1 second slants. Imagine Jackson having space to run. Drafting those 2 guys could give us that out the gate. Theyre ready now.

And its sad to see Tony G go...but 2nd year, 6'9" TE Levine Toilolo is gonna be a star with the right amount of snaps. He played well in the small amount of reps he had behind Tony. But hes a end zone match up nightmare.

WE WILL BE BACK HARD NEXT SEASON.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#466 androsays

androsays

• 4,775 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 02:14 PM

I like the idea of rebuilding our OL, but if that OLB Anthony Barr (or if by the grace of God, Clowney) is available at #6, I would much rather go for that. Our soon to be sophomore CBs will only improve from here, and would benefit from an improved pass rush

2div

#467 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,484 posts

Posted December 31, 2013 - 04:13 AM

I like the idea of rebuilding our OL, but if that OLB Anthony Barr (or if by the grace of God, Clowney) is available at #6, I would much rather go for that. Our soon to be sophomore CBs will only improve from here, and would benefit from an improved pass rush

Many think Clowney is over rated. I dont know myself. Only way I pick him is if we can draft him and trade him for a couple established OT's. Because no matter how good he is, he isnt helping prevent Ryan from getting sacked 9 times vs Carolina. Or have to throw 1 second slant/screen passes to Julio that result in his season ending injury.

UPDATE:
First move is GM Dimitrioff fired the O-Line and D-Line coaches. A very good indications.

Edited by LakersGAFan, December 31, 2013 - 04:20 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#468 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,484 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 05:35 AM

RYANVSVICK_zps6402b58a.jpg

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#469 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,484 posts

Posted February 24, 2014 - 06:38 AM

Rumor is our GM Dimitroff is gonna trade the #6 pick and the Falcons 3rd round pick to swap places with St Louis at the #2 pick to guarantee they can draft Clowney.
And then trade the 2nd, 4th and 5th (and if necessary the 6th) round picks to Buffalo for their #9 pick and draft OL Jake Matthews (Tex AM) or Greg Robinson (Auburn) who one or the other should still be available.
And then use the 6th and 7th rd picks they have to fill depth on the OL or trade for a avg vet OL.

Clowney: 'I wish Falcons could trade up'

"I wish they could trade up for me," Clowney told ESPN.com, "but I hope I don’t fall to No. 6. I like Atlanta – a lot. They’re pretty good. They’ve got some guys from South Carolina on the team, also. And it’s close to home." 

The 6-foot-5, 266-pound Clowney is touted as the most athletically gifted player in this year’s draft class. The Falcons desperately need to improve their pass rush, but Clowney is unlikely to be available if they keep the sixth overall pick. 

However, Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said during the Senior Bowl that he would keep open the option of trading up. He reiterated his stance this week at the combine. 

"I’ve said that from Day 1 since 2008 that I always want to have the light on for business," Dimitroff said. "I never want to be one of those teams that people pick up the phone and they quickly throw the phone back down and hesitate to reach out thinking that we’re not going to be straight up. … Whenever you’re able to cultivate trades, it’s about being honest with people in your dealings. And I think that we’ve done a nice job with that. And we’re always going to be open for business." 

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 24, 2014 - 06:40 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#470 androsays

androsays

• 4,775 posts

Posted February 24, 2014 - 06:44 AM

[expletive]

iono how I feel about trading up. the effects of trading up for julio jones really bit us in the ass this year (no depth!!!), and i don't think we've fully recovered from it.

but then again, Clowney's a 6'5" 250lb beast running a 4.4 40yd who has vocally expressed an interest in playing for the ATL.... 

2div

#471 androsays

androsays

• 4,775 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 04:46 PM

Solid pick ups so far. I hope we can somehow strike gold and come up on Julius Peppers and Byrd!

2div

#472 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,484 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 05:14 PM

OT Gabe Carimi
OG Jon Asamoah
DE Tyson Jackson
DT Paul Siliai

Lookin real good. Thats 3 good, young, quick established players. And they're mean. Gives us some freaking nasty.

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 11, 2014 - 05:18 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#473 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,484 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 05:01 AM

Steve Smith leaves Panthers to AFC

Darrell Revis leaves Bucs to AFC

Daren Sproles leaves Saints/NFC South to NFC East

All divisional so in reality thats as good as us upgrading....lmao

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 13, 2014 - 05:44 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#474 androsays

androsays

• 4,775 posts

Posted March 20, 2014 - 05:38 PM

Fun fact I learned today

Despite a horrible O-line an mediocre WRs, Matt Ryan was still 4th in completion percentage and 4th in passing yards

Go Falcons! This NFL season needs to hurry up and start

2div

#475 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,484 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 10:34 AM

Devin Hester.

#FieldPosition

Hell Yea!

He avg 27.1 yards per return last year. 

We get another 20 yards on offense thats like a FG every possession...lol

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#476 androsays

androsays

• 4,775 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 02:51 PM

i hear rumblings the texans may take khalil mack at #1.... clowney is possible...... hahah

2div

#477 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,484 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 03:16 PM

Let's hope man.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#478 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,484 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 04:51 AM

Great news.
Houston traded Shaub to the Raiders so Texans are gonna draft a qb. Maybe they pick up Sanchez? They're probably gonna draft TeX am johnny manziel.
But now the Raiders won't draft a qb. So hopefully they don't draft him.
Clowney is looking possible. I think only the Rams/Raiders are a threat to draft him.but they have other needs to.

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 22, 2014 - 02:36 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#479 androsays

androsays

• 4,775 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 02:33 PM

yesssss hahahah lets go Clowney!!!

2div

#480 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,484 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 05:09 AM

The 2014 NFL Draft will be held May 8-10.

Here is when the Falcons will select:

• Round 1 – No. 6 overall
  • Round 2 – No. 37 overall
  • Round 3 – No. 68 overall
  • Round 4 – No. 103 overall
  • Round 4 – No. 139 overall (compensatory)
  • Round 5 – No. 147 overall
  • Round 6 – No. 182 overall
  • Round 7 – No. 220 overall
  • Round 7 – No. 253 overall (compensatory)
  • Round 7 – No. 255 overall (compensatory)

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users