Ғalcons Ғans ↑RISE UP↑

• Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

#341 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,485 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 14, 2013 - 02:11 PM

Steven Jackson OMG IT HAPPENED!!!!

http://www.atlantafa...92-0b3ebb9229a7

IM SO FEREAKIN HAPPY

RISE UP!

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#342 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted March 14, 2013 - 03:22 PM

Now we need a pass rusher on the D line. Its a must we get a good defensive tackle. Get a good one via FA and draft a good young DT to.

Windu whos good thats available?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#343 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 06:04 PM

http://www.sj39.com/

@sj39 says
Hey, @Atlanta_Falcons Fans & ATL Media #RISEUP

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#344 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,224 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted March 15, 2013 - 08:29 AM

Stephen Jax hasn't been good in 3 year. I think it's a lateral move between him and Turner  

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#345 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,775 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 15, 2013 - 11:03 AM

He's had 1000+ rush yards on a team without a passing attack and a mediocre o-line each of those past 3 years

And if u think he's done, he averaged 4.2 yards/carry last year, which is right at his career average.

2div

#346 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 15, 2013 - 12:15 PM

Stephen Jax hasn't been good in 3 year. I think it's a lateral move between him and Turner  

The thing about Jackson that separates him from Turner is the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.  Jackson, for being 6'2, is very good in that area and can cause some damage especially with the Falcons passing attack. 

Jackson has had 8 straight 1,000 yard rushing seasons.  His thing has always been durability.  If he carries the ball 300+ times, he's a good bet to get 1,500 yards in a season.  If he stays healthy, he'll be an incredible addition to the team.  That passing game is already lethal and now it will open up even more with a back like Jackson, which is scary. 

#347 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 15, 2013 - 02:19 PM

Now we need a pass rusher on the D line. Its a must we get a good defensive tackle. Get a good one via FA and draft a good young DT to.

Windu whos good thats available?

Well Dumervil is still out there. John Clayton is on ESPN talking about it now. They may look to the draft to address the position.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#348 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 03:56 PM

Man were so fortunate to have this guy. The more I hear from them the more I like him to.

Imagine a few times during the year lining up as 6 receivers:

Roddy White - Harry Douglas - Jaquizz Rodgers - Steven Jackson - Tony Gonzalez - Julio Jones

DAYYYUUUUUM! 

ATLANTA (AP) -- Steven Jackson has wanted to hold up the Lombardi Trophy since he was 10 years old.

Now that he's signed with the Atlanta Falcons, the three-time Pro Bowl running back believes he's one step closer to his goal.

''I have a never-say-die attitude,'' Jackson said on Friday. ''That is something that I plan on bringing to this team. They don't need much. They're already a good team even if don't join this organization.''

The Falcons had been looking for a starting running back since they released Michael Turner two weeks ago. Owner Arthur Blank was keen enough to sign Jackson that he sent his private jet on Thursday to pick up Jackson at the NFLPA meetings in the Bahamas.

''It actually happened around 4 p.m.'' Thursday, Jackson said. ''My agent called me and said there was an offer on the table. We discussed the details of it, and I said, 'Let's give this thing one last hurrah.' "

Like Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez, Jackson considered retiring after the season, but decided that he's still too productive to pass up a chance to win the Super Bowl.

Among active players, Jackson leads the NFL with 10,135 yards rushing, but he hasn't been to the playoffs since his rookie year of 2004 with the St. Louis Rams.

Joining an Atlanta team that fell 10 yards shy of winning the NFC championship, Jackson says he and the Falcons ''looked like a marriage that was meant to happen.''

The Green Bay Packers and New England Patriots were potential suitors, too, but Jackson had made up his mind that he wanted to sign with the Falcons if the terms were acceptable.

He had already opted out of the final year of his contract with St. Louis - a $7 million salary - to become an unrestricted free agent. After playing nine years for the Rams and never finishing the season with a winning record, Jackson was ready to move on.

''We had some options out there and for whatever reason they didn't make sense,'' Jackson said. ''But the one I really wanted to happen happened.

Jackson joins an offense that's loaded with playmakers.

Quarterback Matt Ryan is coming off his second Pro Bowl season. Gonzalez is the NFL's No. 2 career-leading receiver. Roddy White last year became just the fifth NFL player with three straight seasons to record three consecutive seasons with 90 catches and 1,200 yards receiving.

And second-year receiver Julio Jones is coming off his first Pro Bowl appearance.

''I've admired this team from afar,'' Jackson said. ''At this point in my career, where winning is most important, I believe this will be a great chance for me to finish out my career with an opportunity to do some special things.''

The Falcons' offense, however, struggled at times in short-yardage situations last season as Turner's productivity declined.

In the playoff win over Seattle and the NFC championship loss to San Francisco, the offense failed in the second half to hold a lead at the Georgia Dome because it couldn't run for a first down and control the clock.

Jackson hopes that will no longer be the situation.

''I believe the running back sets the tempo for the game,'' he said. ''He goes out there and is not only an intimidator, but sometimes things aren't going right. You're three-and-out and things are flat, but if you have an aggressive, intimidating run, that ignites the sidelines. It gets things back in focus. It's like hitting the reset button sometimes.''

Jackson spoke on the telephone with coach Mike Smith and general manager Thomas Dimitroff, both of whom were out of the town scouting pro workouts on college campuses. He also received call from White, a longtime friend, and exchanged text messages with Ryan.

''Earlier in my career, I took great pride in being the bell cow - the one guy - that you could always depend on,'' Jackson said. ''I've learned over the years that you do need extra guys on the team to be successful in this league. To be just another tool in the toolbox is quite all right with me.''

http://sports.yahoo....36623--nfl.html

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#349 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted March 16, 2013 - 04:12 PM

554983_10151375560477842_1562826800_n.jp

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#350 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted March 16, 2013 - 05:35 PM

rumors around ATL is the Falcons are full force going after Elvis Dumervil.

Arthur Blanks private plane that picked up Steven Jackson to bring SJ39 to the meeting where he agreed to play for ATL has been sent again....to Denver.

Windu you called that one.

Get him.

Re Sign Brent Grimes.

ATL will see the world in NY @ Met Life Stadium on Feb-2nd-2014

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 17, 2013 - 04:51 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#351 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 05:55 PM

thoughts? I dont know much about this guy. His stats are impressive. I know he would be better and more seasoned than a rookie thats for sure.

Osi Umenyiora visits Falcons

http://espn.go.com/n...4/osi-umenyiora

Will the Falcons sign Osi Umenyiora? It looks like he might become a Falcon soon. We definitely need somebody to rush the quarterback, and this might be part of the answer. Is he a good replacement for Abe? Should we be filling this spot from the draft? Should we hold off for Elvis to mess up another fax? What are your thoughts?

@AdamSchefter

RT @MikeGarafolo: Osi Umenyiora has made his first visit. It was today with the Atlanta Falcons. No word on a signing yet.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#352 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 05:36 AM

For what it's worth, Usi Umenyiora digs Atlanta. He thinks we're pretty awesome - hopefully that counts for something.

“New York fans definitely expect a lot out of you because of their history,” Umenyiora said. “There was nothing better than to be able to win there. The only thing I can think of that would be better than being able to win in New York would be to be able to win here in Atlanta. We’ll see how that plays out. Hopefully, it works out in a positive direction.”

UPDATE: Pro Football Talk is reporting the deal could be done Sunday or Monday. There's been a lot of smoke here, and while one report does not a confirmation make, this is starting to sound likelier by the hour. Stay tuned.

http://www.thefalcoh...-to-be-a-falcon

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#353 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 06:17 PM

This is good news for us Falcons fans. IMO Falcons FO will get a A+ for the FA period if they resign Grimes or better at CB :clap2:

Theres also strong rumors that we may resign John Abraham. He'd be great to play 3rd downs and 4th downs in short yardage situations.

Osi Umenyiora deal with Atlanta Falcons inevitable

he rumors of Osi Umenyiora heading to the Atlanta Falcons circulated throughout the weekend, but now it appears we're on the verge of seeing an official deal in place. Umenyiora will sign with Atlanta, as it's only a matter of time at this point, according to Adam Schefter.

We've seen the acquisition coming. Umenyiora lives in Atlanta, he's tweeted about his interest in playing here, and he fills a major need on the depth chart. Even Roddy White was recruiting him. His signing was bound to transpire.

Falcons fans seemed anxious about the lack of news after Umenyiora's official visit with the team. You can rest assured the announcement should come within the next day or two.

Jeff Schultz speculates Atlanta held off on breaking the news Monday in light of Todd McClure's retirement. This is his day, his last hurrah. Don't spoil it for him with these young folks coming into town and stealing his spotlight.

http://www.thefalcoh...cons-inevitable

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#354 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 03:09 AM

Falcons and Osi agree on 2 year deal. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Now they must resign Grimes (or equal/better) and were ready for Draft Day.
Rumor is still that John Abraham wants to return to ATL. If he did, that would be the cherry on top of a great Free Agency period for us Falcons fans.

The Falcons have added another high-profile player during the league's free agency period, agreeing to terms with defensive end Osi Umenyiora on Wednesday.

http://www.atlantafa...41-bb146e50a38d

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 11:31 AM

Osi Umenyiora Says Falcons Are “Most Talented Team He’s Ever Seen”

http://blacksportson...ver-seen-video/

yo.

#356 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,775 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 29, 2013 - 08:09 PM

I honestly don't like Osi, and would've preferred to have Freeney.

I hope he proves me wrong next year.

2div

#357 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 03:16 AM

Grimes to Miami.

Oh well it wasnt a surprise given the FO's rookie scouting for CB's. We didnt have Grimes last year and our secondary was great. So no biggie. Nobody thinks hes gonna be the same player he was after his injury. Other than Miami of course who gave him a max deal...lol. Falcons 

Theres still some good FA CB's on the market. But I'd rather draft a top rookie CB with our 30th pick that has crazy speed and length. Then over the course of the season integrate him into our defense. Tyrann Mathieu (LSU) and Desmond Trufant (WSU) our both in serious discussions. I dont see those guys having any problems adapting.

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 01, 2013 - 03:21 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#358 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 05:20 AM

Max? Grimes got 1year/5.5M

If ATL is going CB in the first round, I HIGHLY doubt it will be Mathieu. I think he's a mid 2nd/early 3rd round pick

Pau Gasol is GONE

#359 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 03:36 PM

Max? Grimes got 1year/5.5M

If ATL is going CB in the first round, I HIGHLY doubt it will be Mathieu. I think he's a mid 2nd/early 3rd round pick

yea thats weird I read max deal....lol. Even at 5.5 I still dont know if hes worth that though. To much of a risk/experiment for a team that wants a SB.

You may be right about Mathieu

Heres a list posted today on Falcoholics. Who do you think ATL should and will get Windu? Heres our drfat picks:
1.30, 2.28, 3.30, 4.30, 5.30, 6.30, 7.30

Mocking The Draft's Top 15 Corners

1. Dee Milliner, Alabama 50 (5 first place)
  1. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State, 44
  1. Desmond Trufant, Washington, 39
  1. Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State, 35
  1. Darius Slay, Mississippi State, 21
  1. David Amerson, NC State, 20
  1. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State, 17
  1. Jamar Taylor, Boise State, 13
  1. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, UConn, 12
  1. Logan Ryan, Rutgers, 9
  1. Robert Alford, SE Louisiana, 5
  1. DJ Hayden, Houston, 4
  1. Leon McFadden, San Diego State, 2
  1. BW Webb, William and Mary, 2
  1. Tyrann Mathieu, LSU, 1

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#360 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 06:43 PM

http://m.espn.go.com...412&src=desktop

Like the link says, it's likely Desmond Trufant, Xavier Rhodes, and definitely Dee Milliner will be off the board come ATL's pick. If Johnthan Banks out of Mississippi State drops like a lot of people expect, ATL may draft him at corner.

NFL.com has them taking Trufant or one of the TEs in Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz. DE could still be in play as well.

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users