Ғalcons Ғans ↑RISE UP↑

• Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

#301 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,455 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 25, 2013 - 10:21 AM

oh, yea him.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#302 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,757 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 29, 2013 - 09:10 AM

Posted Image

Darrelle Revis caught rocking a Falcons hat after promoting new gear for Nike....

Grimes + Turner + picks for Revis ISLAND!!!!

DO IT DIMITROFF!!!!!

2div

#303 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,290 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted January 29, 2013 - 12:34 PM

Los Angeles Reportedly Interested in Acquiring Falcons; Reed Pushes New Stadium

Posted Image

As Falcons owner Arthur Blank and city and state officials are pushing a new downtown retractable-roof stadium for the team, reports have surfaced that the city of Los Angeles has expressed interest in acquiring the Atlanta Falcons.
Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed has warned city council members about business interests in LA who want to move the Falcons to the west coast, reports Fox 5. Blank reportedly shared that information with top city and state officials in their discussions about financing a new stadium in downtown Atlanta.

Two council members who met with Reed told FOX 5 about private discussions the mayor hosted at City Hall.

Reed called in council members one at a time to tell them that the city needs to take a more aggressive lead in the public financing portion of the proposed stadium.

The Falcons and the National Football League would cover two-thirds of the stadium's cost with public dollars on the hook for the remaining amount. There has been no word about financing for proposed downtown infrastructure renovations that have been backed by Mayor Kasim Reed. The mayor estimated that project would push the cost from $946 million to $1.2 billion.

According to previous reports, key business terms for a new stadium include:

The GWCCA, a state agency, would own the stadium.

The Falcons would operate the stadium under a 30-year license agreement, with options to renew for an additional 15 years.

A portion of the construction cost would be funded by revenue from the hotel-motel tax in the city of Atlanta and Fulton County; that portion has been estimated at around $300 million. The rest, including any cost overruns, would be the Falcons' responsibility, although that could be offset by the sale of personal seat licenses.

The Falcons would pay annual rent of $2.5 million, increasing 2 percent per year, to the GWCCA.

There has been opposition to a new stadium deal from some legislators, and several polls have shown that there is not much support statewide for a new Atlanta Falcons stadium.

According to a recent poll, Atlantans are overwhelmingly opposed to the prospect of using public funds to build the new $900 million-plus stadium, and Reed admitted that a new stadium in Atlanta was highly unlikely without public financing.

A recent statewide poll conducted by the AJC showed 72 percent of respondents either opposed or strongly opposed to using hotel/motel tax collections in Atlanta and unincorporated Fulton County to help finance construction.

Earlier, Gov. Nathan Deal said there was not much support in the Georgia legislature for the state to take the lead on financing and Reed has previously noted that without public financing a deal for a stadium is unlikely.

Council members reported the mayor described Blank as being willing to increase the percentage the Falcons might pay to make the billion-dollar deal possible.

The city of Los Angeles has been without an NFL franchise for almost two decades. In 1994, the Rams moved to St. Louis. A year later, the Raiders relocated to Oakland. Los Angeles remains the largest metropolitan area without pro football, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has said getting a pro team there is a top priority.

#304 androsays

androsays

• 4,757 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 03:30 PM

WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WOULD [expletive]ING DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry GA, but god damn if the falcons went to LA my life would be [expletive]ing complete

2div

#305 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted January 29, 2013 - 04:18 PM

this isnt gonna happen. the mayor makes 1 comment and the media storm is nuts. Theyre just looking for leverage for the new stadium funding. No reason to worry. Theres no offers. Theres no talks. Theres nothing. Yet it becomes national news....lol

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#306 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted February 03, 2013 - 09:48 PM

Flacco wins a Super Bowl b4 Ryan with less talent lol Ryan is the Rivers of his draft class I love it

Edited by LakeShow5, February 03, 2013 - 09:48 PM.

Posted Image

#307 androsays

androsays

• 4,757 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 10:23 PM

funny how u take these jabs at ATL and your team's the garbage of our division haha :smh:

2div

#308 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted February 03, 2013 - 10:30 PM

funny how u take these jabs at ATL and your team's the garbage of our division haha :smh:

Yet we still stomped your asses. Lol... You guys will never be serious contenders we'll be in the Super Bowl before you.
Posted Image

#309 androsays

androsays

• 4,757 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 10:40 PM

haha, good for you buddy, it's always good to believe in something!

2div

#310 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 04:01 AM

Falcons 2014 Superbowl Bound.
Since the NFC didn't have its best representing in 2013.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#311 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,893 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 11:08 AM

Its best was a team that almost lost to Seattle and got beat by SF? lol.. We'll see what happens next year.... at the end it sucks for all of us this year.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#312 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hes old but a good piece for us for a year or 2.

Roddy White making a pitch for Dwight Freeney to join Falcons

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roddy-white-making-pitch-dwight-184100281--nfl.html

The Atlanta Falcons wide receiver recognizes the club’s need for pass rush help. And he has recognized a veteran pass rusher on the open market.

“I would love to see Dwight Freeney in a falcon uniform next year I hope that's not tampering,” Whitewrote on his Twitter account.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#313 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 11:28 AM

ATL gonna cut Turner. Steven Jackson and Reggie Bush have met with ATL staff. Whos the better back?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#314 androsays

androsays

• 4,757 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 11:57 AM

reggie would be too similar to jacquizz

i'd rather have jackson, he hit 1000+ last year with a [expletive]ty O-line and a mediocre QB, and is a great blocker. his power running (and not enough is said about it, but the dude can catch too) would be the perfect complement to jacquizz

2div

#315 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 28, 2013 - 12:24 PM

Steven Jackson > Reggie Bush

Pau Gasol is GONE

#316 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 28, 2013 - 01:34 PM

Jackson is more of a power back, but his durability is very questionable. I know many Rams fans who don't want him back because he was always injured.

Bush has definitely improved since he first came into the league. Definitely can make big plays and can catch the ball out of the back, he's more comfortable in that role then being a typical running back.

For ATL, Jackson is the better fit. Add a power running game to that lethal passing game and that offense will be even more incredible.

#317 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 03:37 PM

thanks guys. Ill pull to land Jackson then. I wasnt really sure who he was and I know stats only tell half the story.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#318 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 06:52 AM

It begins:

The Falcons today have released veterans RB Michael Turner, DE John Abraham and CB Dunta Robinson.

Turner out get Steven Jackson or Reggie Bush

Dunta out get Darelle Revis.

Abraham out.....Paul Kruger from Baltimore???? Theres a boat load of DE available in FA this year.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#319 androsays

androsays

• 4,757 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 06:58 AM

woah! i didn't expect abraham or dunta to get released!

i don't see us resigning grimes, so i guess we are primed to make a run at revis, but abraham? damn did not see that at all. i'm down for kruger, i'm also down for dwight freeney, another old [expletive] but he still got something left in the tank

2div

#320 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,455 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 07:09 AM

Andro if we get Revis and Kruger Falcons got a top 3 defense EASY.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users