• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lakers818

Lakers818

Its killa california

• 1,811 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 30, 2008 - 09:34 AM

The Golden State Warriors may have spent $66 million buying into Monta Ellis, but that doesn't mean they're buying into his story of how he injured his ankle.

The Warriors have not been told the exact cause of injury -- "I was told he was working out in Jackson," GM Chris Mullin told the media -- and have sent their athletic trainer Tom Abdenour to check out Ellis in Mississippi.

If Ellis' injury proves to be legit and he actually suffered the injury during a workout, the Warriors will have to cut their losses for at least the next three months. But if this extensive injury was sustained during, let's say, a pick up game, Ellis could lose his contract or even his spot on the team.

Ellis has nearly $70 million worth of explaining to do.

Posted Image

#2 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 30, 2008 - 09:43 AM

Damn. All he needs is his trainer, or whoever he works out with, to say they were working out. I doubt anything will come of this.

Edited by nameant, August 30, 2008 - 09:44 AM.

#3 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,455 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted August 30, 2008 - 11:13 AM

Damn. All he needs is his trainer, or whoever he works out with, to say they were working out. I doubt anything will come of this.

your most likely right, but how ever it would be interesting if Warriors investigation find out Monta was faking and see that team spilt up.
Posted Image

#4 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,753 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 30, 2008 - 02:46 PM

Warriors are not making a smart move, even if he had injured himself in another way, they're threatening the face of their franchise. They won't cut him, but I do think they'll end up fining him if it turns out he's lying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users