38 replies to this topic

#21 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 25, 2009 - 09:03 PM

Its still the York family man.....lol. The money comes from the same place and so do the decisions.
In short. I moved to GA and started liking the Falcons. Theyre local and always have things going on in the community. They have a great stadium a owner with balls and seem dedicated to put something together. And I love the parties, cook outs and concerts in the streets before the game starts. Its a different league now and many years have passed since the days of Joe or even Steve.
If your willing to wear a hat that says...
Silicon Valley 49ers by Google
then feel free. I wouldnt be caught dead sporting that sheeet.

I got interested when the owner of the Falcons had balls, cut Vick and then cut a few players that opposed his decision even though he knew his team was going to suck (4-12) and lost to SF here in ATL (I was there).
Then he made some trades (Turner and co.) and drafted Matt Ryan.
He turned around the franchise to 11-5 in a single season.

Now ask yourself this question. If ATL Falcons owner Arthur Blank can do that why cant the Yorks?
Its because they dont care to and possibly dont want to.

that's fine if you dont like the 49ers anymore. Enjoy Matt Ryan phenominon in the ATL. Its rare to find true fans out there anyway. People jump shift all the time and that's why its fair for me to call them a bandwagoner. As for me, I am loyal to the teams I grew up watching. Yes the key word is growing up watching. I grew up watching the Lakers when I was 5. I grew up watching the niners when I was 6. I wasnt really into baseball until I followed the then California Angels when I was 12 but I still stuck with them even though this is a Dodgers town. And yes, I still stuck with my team. Even if Jerry Jones invite me to dinner and give me money to root for his cowboys I wouldnt do it. You stick with your teams through good times and especially bad times. It makes the championship much more sweet. Its easy cheering for the Lakers because for one they are the best sports franchise in history and they win a lot . However is it easy to follow the Angels who will always be in the shadow of the Dodgers? Ofcourse not thats why it was heaven when they won it all in 2002. And Im rooting for the Niners even though they suck as of late. That's what i call a true fan. I guess you weren't here in the 90's when the Lakers suck for like 5 or 6 years. I was with the team and I cried with the team.

And yes I know there are owners out there who doesnt care about winning and kind of use the franchise for business purpose only but not many owners doesnt care about winning. I can only name a couple which are the owner for the Pittsburch Pirates and the owner for the Clippers. I cannot believe you put the York in that category. You probably don't know much about Jed than. Jed loves his uncle Eddie. He admire his uncle. In fact, he had an arguement with his dad about how crappy his dad run the franchise two years ago. His dad wanted to win but his dad doesnt know how to do it like his uncle Eddie. The only person that doesnt care for the team is his mother who got beef with his uncle eddie still. John York wanted to win but doesnt know how to run a football franchise. He saw his son having such passion for football that's why he let his son run the franchise now. Yes it might be a little later than expected but the first thing Jed did was fire Mike Nolan and hire Mike Singletary. That shows guts. His dad never wouldnt done that in the middle of the season. Jed did it because he wants to win. If you a true niners fan, you should know that but obviously you're not. I probably dont think you even know a lot about the Falcons. You're a casual fan which is fine. Casual fans are not true fans. Sorry I had to write a novel for you. Just wanted to let you know behind the scenes of how the Niner owner loves to win but just doesnt know how to do it. Now under Jed York's the niners will be back to dynasty mode.

And one last thing, I dont mind calling them "Silicon Valley 49ers" but i doubt they will changed their city name just because they going to move several miles down to Santa Clara. Jed wants to keep it as SF 49ers because its their logo.

Edited by epicwolf, August 25, 2009 - 09:13 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#22 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 26, 2009 - 07:30 AM

dude, you dont get it do you. Its not the same team anymore homey. Logos dont make teams they just brand them. And its a different brand alltogether. Just like the Lakers after Buss wont be the same team. You think Jeanie is gonna spend the way Jerry does?....lol. Different owners run companies different for many reasons.

Theres nothing bandwagon about it now a days. If a player has rights to free agency to leave a team for business reasons why cant fans who have no contractual obligation in the first place. I would never rep a team that puts a company sponsor in their name and logo. Thats a joke homey. A sell out move to the 10th power.

And the logo SF will change to SV. And under it reads "by Google". Its disgusting.

And 49ers will abandon SF and San Jose/Silicon Valley will be there home. San Jose Valley isnt going to build a 1 billion dollar stadium so the 49ers can still represent the Sco....lol. City Tax dollars are approriated for stadiums to bring in more revenue for their city, not another city.
And SF voted against building a new stadium for the 5 time superbowl champs but voted for building a park for the Giants who never won a series. So why would ownership care about SF loyalty....lol.

When owners change, everything changes. So I opted out of my 20+ year fan contract to support another team where I now live.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#23 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted September 28, 2009 - 09:45 AM

man, the niners were SOOOOOO close to 3-0. i like where they're going this season. looks like singletary is doing something right.

#24 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted September 28, 2009 - 10:17 AM

Just an absolutely heartbreaking loss yesterday. :(

Bleeding purple & gold...

#25 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts

Posted October 07, 2009 - 10:21 AM

lol, i guess crabtree finally signed a deal so he could ride the waves to the 49ers superbowl ring. 49ers: 2010 superbowl champs!

#26 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted October 29, 2009 - 10:08 AM

back to Alex Smith.
the starting QB again.
thoughts?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#27 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts

Posted November 25, 2009 - 05:01 PM

back to Alex Smith.
the starting QB again.
thoughts?

the 9ers either need to call plays based on smith's strenghts (i.e. shotgun) or BRING IN NATE DAVIS and see how he does!

#28 G21

G21

Rookie

• 65 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 21, 2010 - 04:29 AM

Hollaz!! :omg:
Posted Image

• 40,603 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 03:51 PM

CK is a beast. He's handled every pressure situation thrown at him so far. Incredible poise.

yo.

#30 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted January 20, 2013 - 03:54 PM

19 years....

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

• 40,603 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 04:18 PM

yo.

#32 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,949 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 10:03 PM

2013 schedule (all times ET)

Sept. 8 vs. Green Bay Packers, 4:25 p.m.
Sept. 15 at Seattle Seahawks, 8:30 p.m.
Sept. 22 vs. Indianapolis Colts, 4:25 p.m.
Sept. 26 at St. Louis Rams, 8:25 p.m.
Oct. 6 vs. Houston Texans, 8:30 p.m.
Oct. 13 vs. Arizona Cardinals, 4:25 p.m.
Oct. 20 at Tennessee Titans, 4:05 p.m.
Oct. 27 at Jacksonville Jaguars (London) 1 p.m.
BYE
Nov. 10 vs. Carolina Panthers, 4:05 p.m.
Nov. 17 at New Orleans Saints, 4:25 p.m.
Nov. 25 at Washington Redskins, 5:40 p.m.
Dec. 1 vs. St. Louis Rams, 4:05 p.m.
Dec. 8 vs. Seattle Seahawks, 4:25 p.m.
Dec. 15 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.
Dec. 23 vs. Atlanta Falcons, 8:40 p.m.
Dec. 29 at Arizona Cardinals, 4:25 p.m.

OD_zpsef7494d9.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#33 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,949 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Ill be at the Seattle game.

OD_zpsef7494d9.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#34 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 760 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 19, 2013 - 01:37 AM

Good luck game one coming from a packers

#35 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,090 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 12, 2013 - 10:56 AM

One of my best friends rapping.  Edited by me.

Enjoy you 49ers fans ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#36 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 12:00 PM

Lets hope Bolden can take Crabtree's spot for a bit until Crab comes back. What a blow to the Niners but they have enough good players to still compete for a championship even if Crab is down.

GO NINERS!!!!!

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

• 40,603 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:45 PM

49ers Sign WR Austin Collie

Austin-Collie.jpg

Colin Kaepernick Throws 87-Mph First Pitch At Giants Game (Video)

yo.

#38 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 26, 2014 - 08:28 AM

San Francisco 49ers

Current picks: 30, 56, 61, 77, 94, 100, 129, 170, 242, 243, 245

Needs: Cornerback, outside receiver, edge rusher

The 49ers’ last three seasons have ended thusly: NFC Championship Game loss, Super Bowl loss, NFC Championship Game loss. So you’d understand why many in the franchise believe that a Super Bowl win is the only thing that will redeem its aspirations. Close is no longer good enough. Unfortunately, the team is in a bit of a pickle as some of its star players hit the bad side of the age curve, and there’s precious little in reserve after two straight drafts that have produced very little in starting-quality talent. And the 2011 draft, featuring Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick and Chris Culliver — has less of a sheen now that off-field questions follow all three players. If this team’s championship window is slamming shut — and it may well be — there’s still enough meat on the bone to accomplish that goal with the help of a few additions.

San Francisco’s cornerbacks have been good enough in the Jim Harbaugh era, but there’s a need to get better with age and injuries affecting the front seven, not to mention the losses of Carlos Rogers and Tarell Brown … and the assumption that Culliver’s boneheadedness won’t be tolerated anymore. A more interesting and pressing need is for an elite edge rusher, as Aldon Smith is no sure thing to play for anyone this season following his recent airport shenanigans. Oregon State’s Scott Crichton would be a great fit because of his ability to bring pressure and stop the run both inside and outside. And the difference between San Francisco’s offense with and without Michael Crabtree should have general manager Trent Baalke looking for a big and talented receiver in the early rounds. One thing’s for sure — this team can’t afford another iffy draft class. It needs to hit it out of the park this time.

http://nfl.si.com/20...ft-needs-nfc/2/

Edited by Windu, April 26, 2014 - 08:29 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#39 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts

Posted May 05, 2014 - 06:46 AM

They better pick up a good CB this draft pick.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users