Funny People

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted August 09, 2009 - 08:34 AM

lookin at the cast..i expected it to be actually funny..but it was like confused between whether its a serious movie or a comedy...the comical aspects were pretty lame almost felt like they were forced...i dunno maybe its just me..but i didnt really find it funny

Edited by Clutch, August 09, 2009 - 08:42 AM.

bw1wOGf.png

#42 Basketball Reasons

Basketball Reasons

There's no I in team, but there is in win

• 1,398 posts
  • Name:Drew
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 09, 2009 - 11:14 AM

Very awkward movie. The standup wasnt very funny, which I half expected, but alot of their "off the stage" interaction was pretty hillarious.

It was like a dramatic comedy, the first half seems entirely different than the second. I see what they were "trying" to do. Make it a movie about funny comedians, people always assume comedians live a great happy life, and show them that really they deal with dark, realistic things too. It achieved it, but I'm not sure what to think of it.

Sandler has a penchant for things like this. Punch Drunk Love, Click, now this. Probably other flicks that were similar in tone that I can't think of. Click actually seemed alot lighter to me besides the ending, this was very dark (in my opinion). The guy who made senseless comedy like Billy Madison, The Waterboy, and Happy Gilmore seems to have gotten over doing the slapstick stuff. Even Big Daddy had some serious issues intertwined.

Just seems that with his movies lately, what used to be comedy then drama (big daddy), has turned into drama than comedy. Not a bad thing, just hard to digest at times.
Follow me @BallReasons

#43 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted August 09, 2009 - 12:23 PM

Very awkward movie. The standup wasnt very funny, which I half expected, but alot of their "off the stage" interaction was pretty hillarious.

It was like a dramatic comedy, the first half seems entirely different than the second. I see what they were "trying" to do. Make it a movie about funny comedians, people always assume comedians live a great happy life, and show them that really they deal with dark, realistic things too. It achieved it, but I'm not sure what to think of it.

Sandler has a penchant for things like this. Punch Drunk Love, Click, now this. Probably other flicks that were similar in tone that I can't think of. Click actually seemed alot lighter to me besides the ending, this was very dark (in my opinion). The guy who made senseless comedy like Billy Madison, The Waterboy, and Happy Gilmore seems to have gotten over doing the slapstick stuff. Even Big Daddy had some serious issues intertwined.

Just seems that with his movies lately, what used to be comedy then drama (big daddy), has turned into drama than comedy. Not a bad thing, just hard to digest at times.

Another dark one he's done is Reign Over Me...Sandler is completely different in that movie than in any other he's done...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#44 Basketball Reasons

Basketball Reasons

There's no I in team, but there is in win

• 1,398 posts
  • Name:Drew

Posted August 09, 2009 - 12:54 PM

Another dark one he's done is Reign Over Me...Sandler is completely different in that movie than in any other he's done...

Never saw it, wanted to though. Maybe I'll rent that today.
Follow me @BallReasons

#45 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted August 09, 2009 - 03:01 PM

Its a drama about comedy. I came in expecting laugh out loud comedy but its more character and story-oriented. I thought it was awkward at first as someone said above, but came out liking the movie and will probably see it again. It's just... likable, unless you're bored of Adam Sandler's style or something (which I kind of am, but the rest of the movie made up for it.)

#46 Weezy

Weezy

A boombox can change the world

• 1,204 posts

Posted August 09, 2009 - 03:23 PM

From the last few comments it sounds like I'm gonna love this, I love Sandler when he plays serious.
Posted Image

#47 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,571 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted August 09, 2009 - 03:27 PM

I liked it. It's actually pretty good

#48 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted August 13, 2009 - 10:33 AM

From the last few comments it sounds like I'm gonna love this, I love Sandler when he plays serious.

me too. reign over me broke my heart. adam sandler's a good actor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users