Posted September 19, 2009 - 10:01 AM

If there's a trap game, this is it.

#102 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted September 19, 2009 - 12:50 PM

USC is playing the way they do in upsets. Penalties and turnovers giving Washington life. This game could easily be 17-0

#103 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted September 19, 2009 - 02:50 PM

If there's a trap game, this is it.

Good call, huge upset.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#104 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 19, 2009 - 03:01 PM

USC will have at least 3 losses this year haha.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#105 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,997 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 19, 2009 - 03:03 PM

Overrated? There always seems to be at least one game that USC loses every year that they should have won.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#106 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,357 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted September 19, 2009 - 03:04 PM

^^ doubt that but they're prolly done anyway

Edited by LakersChamps243, September 19, 2009 - 03:04 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#107 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 19, 2009 - 03:49 PM

How has nobody here mentioned the loss of Matt Barkley for this game? Do you guys know football? Not having Barkley was obviously the biggest reason why SC lost this game. Corp was just brutal. Washington was just daring him to throw the ball and he was scared. He went 0-9 on third down conversions, my goodness. What a joke. He should never play again. Too bad Pete didn't give Mitch Mustain a chance either before it was too late.

Posted Image

#108 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,997 posts

Posted September 19, 2009 - 03:58 PM

How has nobody here mentioned the loss of Matt Barkley for this game? Do you guys know football? Not having Barkley was obviously the biggest reason why SC lost this game. Corp was just brutal. Washington was just daring him to throw the ball and he was scared. He went 0-9 on third down conversions, my goodness. What a joke. He should never play again. Too bad Pete didn't give Mitch Mustain a chance either before it was too late.

Posted Image

I didn't mention Matt specifically because I thought that was obvious. You lose your starting QB and that would def factor into any teams lost. However, USC was still the third ranked team in the country iirc. Now, USC has lost at least one conference road game in six of the last eight seasons. Then, didn't Washington go winless last season? Look at the TOP: Washington had the ball 10 mins longer the 'SC.

Big upset

Pau Gasol is GONE

#109 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 19, 2009 - 04:02 PM

Of course it's still an upset no question about it, but for anyone to possibly underestimate the importance of the factor & role that not having Matt Barkley and Aaron Corp absolutely sucking balls played, would be simply asinine.

It also helped that Steve Sarkisian knew most of USC's plays & system already having that familiarity with them for such a long time. That was definitely an advantage as well.

#110 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts
  • Fan Since:'95

Posted September 19, 2009 - 06:48 PM

I tried doing HWK during the game, but I was too busy yelling at the dumb QB and on again-off again defense.

How the HECK did we lose to Washington? They didn't even win a game till last week! And I hope Matt Barkley breaks his other wrist <_<

lol, no I don't. God forbid that happens.

#111 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted September 19, 2009 - 07:11 PM

Of course it's still an upset no question about it, but for anyone to possibly underestimate the importance of the factor & role that not having Matt Barkley and Aaron Corp absolutely sucking balls played, would be simply asinine.

It also helped that Steve Sarkisian knew most of USC's plays & system already having that familiarity with them for such a long time. That was definitely an advantage as well.

Sark's knowledge of USC pretty much did nothing. It wasn't a mystery as to what USC's game plan was.

In Corp's defense he wasn't even told if he was going to be starting QB until game time. Given that, he still sucked. There's no excuse for playing as bad as he did and I actually hope this kid signs his transfer papers because I don't want to see him anymore. Play calling was a huge reason why this game was lost. Why the [expletive] would you run the ball with 18 seconds left and no timeouts? Why would you not take a 3 point lead into half and work from there? That was one of the most idiotic plays I've seen in awhile. Another problem was fumbles. Seriously, what's the problem here....I really don't get it. 3 turnovers inside Washington 30. Why the hell would you not blitz Locker on 3 and 15? You take a TO to discuss and that's what you come up with? You can watch this game over and over and can't help but wonder what the hell they were thinking at that point in time.

#112 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 26, 2009 - 09:07 PM

I know USC isn't playing a team exactly known as tough, but regardless, man do they look so much better out there with Barkley back. I guarantee they wouldn't have had the embarrassment they had last week had Barkley been healthy & played instead of a no confidence Corp.

#113 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts

Posted September 27, 2009 - 01:57 PM

A couple shots from the game last night.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Victory is suh-weet.

#114 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 28, 2009 - 07:53 PM

USC running back Stafon Johnson Injured! Has emergency throat surgery after a freak weightlifting mishap.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25usc-johnsonhurt&prov=ap&type=lgns

Posted Image

#115 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,357 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted September 28, 2009 - 08:58 PM

I heard about that.. not good at all. I've never heard of someone weightlifting and the bar falling on their throat... weird but damn hope he is ok.

Edited by LakersChamps243, September 28, 2009 - 08:58 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#116 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts

Posted September 29, 2009 - 12:29 AM

NOOOOOOO! I'm heartbroken.
:no:

Time to kick it up another notch. lol, my mom wants to go to a football game with me. WTH.

#117 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted September 29, 2009 - 11:02 AM

http://www.usctrojan...hy-surgery.html

Stafon looks to be doing well. Had he not been an athlete he may no longer be alive.

#118 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,997 posts

Posted September 29, 2009 - 11:09 AM

When I heard about this I was like damn...that sounds extremely painful. I wonder how long he'll be out. I heard his vocal cords are wrecked.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#119 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 29, 2009 - 12:07 PM

lol, my mom wants to go to a football game with me. WTH.

Perhaps she's acting like she really only wants to spend time with you and have a good time, but somewhat secretly, is really looking to try & check up on you? Lol.

#120 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts

Posted September 29, 2009 - 02:03 PM

Hope that Stafon Johnson has a speedy recovery.

He was reported to have communicated with those around him today via hand signals and writing on paper. The doctors said it could be up to six weeks before they even attempt to have him speak again. Its a very serious issue and I'm glad that it wasn't the worst case scenario.

Fight On Stafon!!! You're in my prayers.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users