• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#341 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:38 PM

Oh come on now. How can you watch that game and not poke fun at Lane Kiffin?

Lol I'm not even sure what can be said at this point. One of the most embarrassing losses in history.

#342 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,582 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted December 31, 2012 - 07:09 PM

Wittek is a joke. I'm not sure who's a bigger joke though between Wittek and Kiffin. I'm beyond disgusted with this team. If Kiffin isn't fired then Haden needs to be fired as well. Kiffin makes like 3 mill a year to do what? To lose 5 (6 if you count the bowl loss) games? Any coach in college could lead the Trojans to a 7-5 record. I will not watch a game next season if Kiffin is still here.

Edited by KB24, December 31, 2012 - 07:09 PM.

1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

• 40,548 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 07:11 PM

Mike Ditka!

yo.

#344 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 01:31 PM

Wittek is a joke. I'm not sure who's a bigger joke though between Wittek and Kiffin. I'm beyond disgusted with this team. If Kiffin isn't fired then Haden needs to be fired as well. Kiffin makes like 3 mill a year to do what? To lose 5 (6 if you count the bowl loss) games? Any coach in college could lead the Trojans to a 7-5 record. I will not watch a game next season if Kiffin is still here.

Well see you in a couple years then. As much as I want Kiffin fired too, he's going to be here barring some sort of miracle.

A new DC will be a start to fixing this program. I wish Kiffin would bring in a offensive coordinator but his arrogance will not allow it.

The QB competition should be open as well, I've always felt Kessler would be a better option than Wittek based off of accuracy an mobility. But Browne will definitely be in the mix.

I was disgusted yesterday with how far this team fell. Unprepared, no energy or passion, and it wasn't just the players but it was the coaching staff as well.

At this point make Coach O the HC and let him hire a OC & DC. I just want Kiffin out of here

#345 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted January 08, 2013 - 10:35 PM

I feel awful for Kylie Fitts. I hope he stays committed.

#346 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 11:39 PM

I feel awful for Kylie Fitts. I hope he stays committed.

I think he will. It's a tough situation but that's what happens when we are down to 75 scholarships.

An unknown player was supposed to graduate in the Fall opening up a scholarship, but the player failed his final and now needs to come back in the spring semester to finish the class. That's where the root of the problem is.

He's been a Trojan fan his whole life so he's obviously hurt over this but I think he'll be back as a commit sooner than later

#347 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Former Cal DC Clancy Pendergast will be named new USC DC

Just a day after Monte Kiffin was hired as the Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator last week, Lane Kiffin decided on his father's successor.

According to multiple sources within the USC athletics department, Clancy Pendergast, former Cal defensive coordinator under Jeff Tedford, will be the man to try to get the Trojans' defense squared away after three frustrating seasons trying to make Monte Kiffin's NFL schemes work.

Pendergast's employment is reportedly in the final stages of the USC hiring process at this time.

While Pendergast might not be quite the home run hire USC fans thought Michigan State's Pat Narduzzi or Oregon State'sMark Banker would be, the 45-year-old Pendergast is not without some serious accomplishments in both the college and NFL ranks.

He brings an aggressive, multiple-front scheme and attacking style with a resume that shows six years as an NFL defensive coordinator (one year at Kansas City and five at Arizona). His 2008 Cardinals team made it to the Super Bowl.

Pendergast fits Kiffin's stated desire to hire a coach familiar with the Pac-12, not to mention someone successful with holding down Oregon's spread, at least the first time he faced it. He has not, however, seemed to have as much success against USC's pro-style offense, however, dropping all three games and giving up 101 points the last three years.

In his three seasons at Cal, from 2010 to 2012, Pendergast's first two teams led the Pac-12 in total defense and pass defense with both three- and four-man fronts while producing nine NFL players. His young 2012 defense, after losing six starters including Pac-12 2011 defensive player of the year Mychal Kendricks, was unable to live up to those high standards.

But there were some highlight moments in a season that saw the Bears finish 10th in total defense in the Pac-12, allowing 441.25 yards a game (5.67 yards per play), No. 93 out of the 120 FBS teams. USC meanwhile, finished 60th, giving up 394.0 yards a game (5.30 per play).

Maybe the best moment came in the Bears' win over Pac-12 South champion UCLA when they held the Bruins to 17 points.

Pendergast has a career split between the college and NFL ranks with grad assistant slots at Mississippi State, USC (in 1992) and Oklahoma to start for the 1990 Arizona graduate. NFL stints followed for the next 15 seasons with stops, all but one on the defensive side, at the Houston Oilers, Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Arizona Cardinals and Kansas City Chiefs.

His specialty coaching areas have been the secondary and linebackers.

Pro Bowlers coached by Pendergast include Bertrand Berry, Darnell Dockett, Antrel Rolle and Adrian Wilson at Arizona and Roy Williams and Darren Woodson at Dallas. At Cal, he had first-round draft pickCameron Jordan in 2011 and Kendricks, a second-rounder in 2012.

Just to take one example from Pendergast's Cal years as to how he likes to bring pressure from a number of places in schemes often described as "creative," when the Bears recorded 34.0 sacks in 2011, good for 19th in the nation, those sacks came from a total of 16 different players.

http://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1459425

Personally, I like the move. This was one of my three choices along with Narduzzi (Mich. St) and Banker (Oregon St).

Runs multiple sets and is pretty aggressive. Didn't have much of a good year this past season but he also didn't have the talent that he's had in past years.

After Monte Kiffin, this defense can only get better. Looking forward to see what he can do!

#348 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 11:21 AM

Kinda disappointed. I knew Narduzzi was a long shot, but he was my first choice. Also, I wonder how serious SC was about Joe Barry. Either way it doesn't matter anymore. Our recruits seem pleased with the hire so that's good.

#349 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hey Notre Dame, how do you feel about Manti now?

Thank you for not attending USC.

#350 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hey Notre Dame, how do you feel about Manti now?

Thank you for not attending USC.

That story..... Sickening

• 40,548 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 06:09 PM

USC To Use Te'o Situation As Lesson For Players:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/usc-athletic-director-pat-haden-uses-manti-te-174946650--ncaaf.html

yo.

#352 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 05:27 PM

Lane Kiffin officially announced the signing of the seven early entrants for the 2013 football recruiting class headlined by the USA Today National Offensive Player of the Year QB Max Browne and Defensive Player of the Year DB Su'a Cravens. The group includes four 5-star prospects and three 4-star prospects as ranked by Rivals.com.

"We are excited to welcome these student-athletes to USC and have them get a jump on preparing for the 2013 season," said Kiffin. "I can't imagine a better collection of players to ever have joined a program mid-year. It speaks volumes of the power of USC that four of the best players from the state of California and a trio of five-star out-of-state players chose to come here."

http://www.usctrojans.com/blog/2013/01/2013-early-entrants.html

I'm so jacked for this class. More than anything this class has a lot of players that want to be Trojans. We may be limited in scholarships but our staff still does a great job of making the most of it.

#353 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 25, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Kiffin still the coach...

LA just doesn't want to fire nobody!

Pau Gasol is GONE

#354 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 11:04 AM

Wow USC's class is epically falling apart at the moment.

Two more de-commits with more reportedly on the way. I'm still happy with our EE class but I'm intrigued to see the final outcome because one of the main reasons Haden kept Kiffin was to secure this class and its not happening.

All a result of when your program is unstable and the coach is an egotistical maniac.

#355 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 09:01 AM

I knew this day would probably suck and so far it has. This class has been unraveling for the past month or so and I don't even blame these young kids for switching schools.

If Kiffin isn't recruiting, why is he here? He certainly can't coach.

#356 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 10:25 AM

I knew this day would probably suck and so far it has. This class has been unraveling for the past month or so and I don't even blame these young kids for switching schools.

If Kiffin isn't recruiting, why is he here? He certainly can't coach.

We still have a solid class. It's just not the class of epic proportions that was expected.

USC already has 7 talented kids on campus so that's a positive.

Also the silver lining in all this is if we only sign 12, we'll be able to add 20 next year, which at that point I don't expect Kiffin to be here anymore.

#357 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 05:47 PM

We still have a solid class. It's just not the class of epic proportions that was expected.

USC already has 7 talented kids on campus so that's a positive.

Also the silver lining in all this is if we only sign 12, we'll be able to add 20 next year, which at that point I don't expect Kiffin to be here anymore.

Believe me, I'm happy with the players we have. They stuck with the program throughout a horrible season, coaching changes, and not knowing whether or not Kiffin would be returning. However, that doesn't mean we should be satisfied. Kiffin and his staff dropped the ball.

#358 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 12:30 PM

Believe me, I'm happy with the players we have. They stuck with the program throughout a horrible season, coaching changes, and not knowing whether or not Kiffin would be returning. However, that doesn't mean we should be satisfied. Kiffin and his staff dropped the ball.

Not at all. Depth is still a major concern.

But like I said, the positive is the next recruiting class, which is the last year on sanctions, get to add 20 new players so with the likelihood that there's a new coach, it won't be a bad recruiting situation.

#359 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 01:15 AM

This guy Kiffin... I swear...

• 40,548 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:58 PM

USC using drones at football practice

Lane Kiffin on First Take:

Your welcome guys: