• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#261 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:31 PM

Poor performance all around. I wanted to strangle Kiffin the first three quarters. Awful play calling.

#262 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 09, 2012 - 05:14 AM

'sc is running monte's tampa 2 defense, right?

iirc, not much blitzing goes on in that scheme and if you're gonna get pressure, it's gonna more than likely have to come from the front four

Pau Gasol is GONE

#263 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted September 14, 2012 - 11:26 AM

IMO they will have a pretty good test in the third game of the season, @Stanford. Yeah, no Luck, but they are returning Taylor and that power running game. In addition, Stanford is returning a few starters on their Dline (39 sacks last year and top 5? rush defense) and is expected to have good depth at the position as well. Should give us a chance to see where the SC run game is at too.

Again, this game @Stanford is key. I expect the SC defense to make it tough for Taylor, but I'm really interested to see if SC can establish some consistency in the run game.

#264 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted September 14, 2012 - 03:09 PM

haven't watched stanford this year but they're gonna have to slow the game down (ball control/TOP) and play good defense to stand a chance. They are playing at home though

Pau Gasol is GONE

#265 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted September 15, 2012 - 05:32 PM

Barkley sucking and defense bailing him out. I'm not convinced USC is a top 5 team right now. Perhaps in a couple of weeks they will be.

#266 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 06:36 PM

this is the worst barkley has played in a long time. no blocking. made him play with happy feet.
Posted Image

#267 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:22 PM

Ughhh...So embarrassing. Now we'll have to hear for a week about how overrated USC and Barkley are.

#268 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:27 PM

Ughhh...So embarrassing. Now we'll have to hear for a week about how overrated USC and Barkley are.

they'll beat oregon. they have to run the table but they'll still have a shot at a national title. alabama or LSU are gonna lose 1 game since they'll play each other

the big one's are FSU. they can't go undefeated. other than that USC could easily still get in. the pac-12 isn't the bad conference it used to be which meant USC had to go undefeated because of weak schedules.

now they have tough schedules so they just need to run the table now
Posted Image

#269 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:35 PM

Got our ass handed to us tonight. No other way to put it.

Need to bounce back but if we play like we did tonight, this may be a 4-5 loss team (not joking).

Before the season, the line was a question mark and it ended up killing us tonight. Smash mouth football beat the athletic type as it does everytime.

Need to bounce back, long season still to be played. Fight On!

#270 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:37 PM

its really simple. run the table and in the national championship.
Posted Image

#271 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:44 PM

Very nice haha!

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#272 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted September 15, 2012 - 10:07 PM

Pretty much what I was worried about coming into the season, happened tonight. Shouldn't surprise anyone though, the lack of "talented" depth at certain positions is partially (in some cases directly) a result of the sanctions. National championship berth isn't out of the picture, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edited by serenityy, September 15, 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#273 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 08:41 AM

The good news is that currently we have four ranked teams left on our schedule (at the moment).

See ND and UCLA actually winning are good for something lol.

• 40,603 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 10:45 AM

its really simple. run the table and in the national championship.

Simple to say. Hard to do.

yo.

#275 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted September 16, 2012 - 11:45 AM

there u go

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#276 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 09:42 AM

Yup for any team.

I do believe this year the NC will have two one loss teams.

#277 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 09:47 AM

Yup for any team.

I do believe this year the NC will have two one loss teams.

Depends on FSU. Very easy schedule overall compared to other contenders
Posted Image

#278 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 06:48 PM

Why say this? :mellow:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/8389450/usc-trojans-coach-lane-kiffin-puzzled-really-poor-decisions-matt-barkley

USC Trojans coach Lane Kiffin was puzzled by two "really poor decisions" made by Trojans quarterback Matt Barkley in the second quarter of USC's 21-14 road loss to Stanford on Saturday.

And Kiffin went as far to call them some of the worst decisions he's ever seen Barkley make.

On a third down with less than two minutes to play in the first half of Saturday's game, Barkley threw into traffic and was intercepted by the Cardinal's Jordan Richards.

Then, after USC linebacker Dion Bailey picked off the ensuing throw from Stanford's Josh Nunes, Barkley forced a throw downfield and had his second straight pass intercepted.

"(That was) really unusual by Matt," Kiffin said in his Sunday evening conference call with reporters. "Probably two of his worst decisions in our three years together on back-to-back plays."

At the time, USC led 14-7. The Trojans didn't score again the rest of the game.

Kiffin noted that Barkley had thrown just one interception in nine quarters of football until that point. He also said Barkley took a lot of shots from Stanford defenders throughout the game and indicated he was the victim of poor offensive line play.

"He's pretty beat up, mentally and physically," Kiffin said of Barkley, who appeared on the verge of tears in a brief postgame press conference following the loss.

A senior, four-year starter and preseason Heisman favorite, Barkley will now end his college career without beating Stanford -- unless the teams match up again in the Pac-12 championship game in November and USC wins.

Kiffin said his quarterback was broken up over that fact.

"You can imagine the disappointment of a 22-year-old, when you come back and all that you put into it and the game goes the way that it did and having never beat those guys," Kiffin said. "(But) he'll be fine. He'll rally, just like he has before.

"And he'll play great this Saturday."

Barkley finished the loss to Stanford with 254 yards on 20-of-41 passing, with those two interceptions and no touchdowns. It was the first time since October 2010 Barkley played a whole game and failed to throw for a touchdown.

No. 13 USC, which dropped from No. 2 following the loss, hosts Cal on Saturday at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#279 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 06:54 PM

Why say this? :mellow:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/8389450/usc-trojans-coach-lane-kiffin-puzzled-really-poor-decisions-matt-barkley

It looks bad but Kiffin saying that was actually in response to the countless reports from reporters saying they've never seen Barkley like he was after the loss. I've seen 4 interviews since Saturday night and Kiffin was asked about Barkley around 6 times in each interview.

I have no problem with it, it shows that Barkley cares. Other fan bases will show it as weakness and what not, but in reality he is still a young player that will go through these things. Barkley was saying all week it was just another game but anyone that plays a sport or has played knows that when you go against a team you have not beat and have had great games against, knows how pumped up one can get for a game.

#280 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 07:00 PM

I mean the "worst decision" thing

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users