West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2012 - 12:39 PM

easy pickings

:yes:

You SEC folks are cute.

You'll get to play a real team this year. Trust me on that.

#222 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted August 16, 2012 - 12:42 PM

You SEC folks are cute.

hehe

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#223 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 16, 2012 - 01:31 PM

You SEC folks are cute.

How is that gonna happen? USC gonna slip into the NCG?

I don't trust USC under Lane Kiffin.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#224 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 07:21 AM

How is that gonna happen? USC gonna slip into the NCG?

I don't trust USC under Lane Kiffin.

They won't need to slip. They are the team to beat outside of LSU and Bama.

You may not trust Kiffin, but he kept this program relevant and now they are ready to get back to the NCG. If you don't trust Kiffin, trust Barkley, Woods, Lee, McNeal and Redd. It's an offense that will be tops in the NCAA

#225 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 07:41 AM

They won't need to slip. They are the team to beat outside of LSU and Bama.

You may not trust Kiffin, but he kept this program relevant and now they are ready to get back to the NCG. If you don't trust Kiffin, trust Barkley, Woods, Lee, McNeal and Redd. It's an offense that will be tops in the NCAA

I don't know about that.

They have a favorable ranking due to recruiting and the return of Matt Barkley. But to have them ranked this high is far too premature.

Just about anyone could have come in and done a nice job with a program like USC.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#226 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted August 17, 2012 - 09:50 AM

Everyone talks about Woods who is great but i think Lee might be a better pro. He has good hands, speed and a big play maker might turn out like a Mike Wallace.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#227 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted August 18, 2012 - 11:28 AM

I don't know about that.

They have a favorable ranking due to recruiting and the return of Matt Barkley. But to have them ranked this high is far too premature.

Just about anyone could have come in and done a nice job with a program like USC.

Probably one of the most idiotic comments I've read in awhile.

#228 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 11:30 AM

Probably one of the most idiotic comments I've read in awhile.

Why don't you elaborate instead of coming at me with what really is an idiotic comment.

If USC thinks [expletive]ing Lane Kiffin is some kind of savior then your standards have really fallen.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#229 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 11:59 AM

Why don't you elaborate instead of coming at me with what really is an idiotic comment.

If USC thinks [expletive]ing Lane Kiffin is some kind of savior then your standards have really fallen.

You're trying to downplay the difficulty of the situation because of your distaste for Lane Kiffin. He deserves credit for how he's led USC through the sanctions and it's idiotic to think that anyone could have done it.

#230 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 12:05 PM

You're trying to downplay the difficulty of the situation because of your distaste for Lane Kiffin. He deserves credit for how he's led USC through the sanctions and it's idiotic to think that anyone could have done it.

Is there any reason NOT to have "distaste" for Lane Kiffin?

You think sanctions are something new? That LANE KIFFIN is the only college football coach cabable of running a program like USC? Please.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#231 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 12:28 PM

Is there any reason NOT to have "distaste" for Lane Kiffin?

You think sanctions are something new? That LANE KIFFIN is the only college football coach cabable of running a program like USC? Please.

I don't believe the Kiffin is ONLY coach capable of leading USC through these sanctions, but to say ANYONE can do it is idiotic. People spend so much time hating on Kiffin that they refuse to give him credit for the great job that he's done. Shockingly, Kiffin is not the person he was two years ago and isn't the guy the media portrays him to be. I could understand why people didn't like him a couple years ago. He was a total prick on how he handled his business at Tennessee. But after how he's handled himself at USC I figured people would change their view on him. Clearly, that isn't the case.

I've come to realize that Kiffin will always be that guy that people love to hate regardless of how he handles himself. It'll just be that much sweeter if USC is fortunate enough to win another championship.

• 40,431 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 12:30 PM

Whoa! Tobias Funke made this thread? Awesome!

Anyway, #1 in the AP poll, sweet.

yo.

#233 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 12:42 PM

I don't believe the Kiffin is ONLY coach capable of leading USC through these sanctions, but to say ANYONE can do it is idiotic. People spend so much time hating on Kiffin that they refuse to give him credit for the great job that he's done. Shockingly, Kiffin is not the person he was two years ago and isn't the guy the media portrays him to be. I could understand why people didn't like him a couple years ago. He was a total prick on how he handled his business at Tennessee. But after how he's handled himself at USC I figured people would change their view on him. Clearly, that isn't the case.

I've come to realize that Kiffin will always be that guy that people love to hate regardless of how he handles himself. It'll just be that much sweeter if USC is fortunate enough to win another championship.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

I said what I said (about anyone coming to USC) because of who USC is. They have the history, money, and recruiting to make it thru the sanctions but to act like Lane Kiffin is some kind of messiah is far-fetched. USC doesn't need Lane Kiffin, Lane Kiffin needs USC.

He's done an ok job on the field but its still early.

And no, I'm definitely not sold on Lane Kiffin.

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,431 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 05:23 PM

Edited by    , August 18, 2012 - 05:24 PM.

yo.

#235 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 08:25 PM

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

I said what I said (about anyone coming to USC) because of who USC is. They have the history, money, and recruiting to make it thru the sanctions but to act like Lane Kiffin is some kind of messiah is far-fetched. USC doesn't need Lane Kiffin, Lane Kiffin needs USC.

He's done an ok job on the field but its still early.

And no, I'm definitely not sold on Lane Kiffin.

I don't think anyone thinks he's a messiah. But he's definitely won fans over because I'd say 75% of the fan base hated the hiring.

The thing about Kiffin is he surrounds himself with fantastic coaches. Coach O is the biggest reason why they will have the #1 recruiting class next season.

Kiffin unfortunately will never win with the public. He's honestly not a bad coach, but everyone will look towards his Raider gig and Tennessee stop and label him a bad coach,

He took a job no one else wanted because of what was impending with the NCAA. I'm not sure if any coaching staff could have kept this group of players going and getting them to buy into their system like what has been done.

#236 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 07:38 PM

Defense looked sharp in today's scrimmage. Offense, no so much. Scott Starr had a pretty good day w/ 2 INT.

#237 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 05:23 PM

USC unveiled the new John McKay Center today. Here's a link to take a tour of the building.

#238 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 09:54 AM

This new center is incredible. Love that underground football field that connects to the weight room

• 40,431 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 01:55 PM

^ As if recruiting needed any more help.

yo.

#240 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 02:10 PM

^ As if recruiting needed any more help.

No kidding :laughing:

Facilities is the one thing that has plagued SC in its recruiting (believe it or not) over the last few years. The new generation of players love shiny things per say. They want whats cool, whats new, etc. Oregon has an unbelievable facility that I believe USC is able to rival now on that front (at least on campus). Once the Coliseum renovations get under way, USC can focus on its locker rooms and upgrading those parts.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users