• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#201 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted November 20, 2010 - 07:30 PM

Oregon State? Really? The same team that got BLOWN OUT last week against Washington State?

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#202 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 05, 2010 - 09:20 AM

Been a tough season for SC. Finished 8-5 (5-4 in the Pac-10), if our defense would have just held on for one more drive against Washington/Stanford, we could have been 10-3 (7-2).

We looked good and looked bad at different points in the season. Close games against good teams like Stanford/Washington. Close game against a crap team like Notre Dame. Blown out against Oregon and Oregon State.

It was definitely up and down. Beating UCLA at the end really does let the season end on a positive note. But now its time to move forward and USC has some talent waiting in the wings. Here is the redshirt list:

• WR Kyle Prater (FR)
  • DT Geoge Uko (FR)
  • DB Dion Bailey (FR)
  • DB Anthony Brown (FR)
  • DB Patrick Hall (FR)
  • OL Giovanni Di Poalo (FR)
  • TE Xaivier Grimble (FR)
  • RB DJ Morgan (FR)
  • FB KC Pola (FR)
  • LB Hayes Pullard (FR)
  • TE(?) Randall Telfer (FR)
  • QB Jesse Scroggins (FR)
  • WR Thearon Collier (JR - Transfer from Miami)
  • WR De'Von Flournoy (Soph)

The offense should be lights out next led by Barkley, Tyler, and Woods. We do lose Ronald Johnson, but Woods will be able to be that go to receiver next season. Losing Stanley Havili will hurt us so we'll see where they fill in that position. We are supposed to get a big time play maker in DeAnthony Thomas out of Crenshaw. The offense will be just fine.

Defense should be improved. Secondary will be more experienced. Linebackers we lose Malcom Smith, Mike Morgan, and possibly Chris Galippo. But Pullard and Vehikite should help out next season.

Not sure how good we will be or how we will fare next season. Everyone is now chasing Oregon and that will be a challenge for the coming years. But with good recruiting classes, USC will be able to bounce back within the next two years.

Fight On!

#203 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted December 06, 2010 - 03:25 AM

Been a tough season for SC. Finished 8-5 (5-4 in the Pac-10), if our defense would have just held on for one more drive against Washington/Stanford, we could have been 10-3 (7-2).

We looked good and looked bad at different points in the season. Close games against good teams like Stanford/Washington. Close game against a crap team like Notre Dame. Blown out against Oregon and Oregon State.

It was definitely up and down. Beating UCLA at the end really does let the season end on a positive note. But now its time to move forward and USC has some talent waiting in the wings. Here is the redshirt list:

• WR Kyle Prater (FR)
  • DT Geoge Uko (FR)
  • DB Dion Bailey (FR)
  • DB Anthony Brown (FR)
  • DB Patrick Hall (FR)
  • OL Giovanni Di Poalo (FR)
  • TE Xaivier Grimble (FR)
  • RB DJ Morgan (FR)
  • FB KC Pola (FR)
  • LB Hayes Pullard (FR)
  • TE(?) Randall Telfer (FR)
  • QB Jesse Scroggins (FR)
  • WR Thearon Collier (JR - Transfer from Miami)
  • WR De'Von Flournoy (Soph)

The offense should be lights out next led by Barkley, Tyler, and Woods. We do lose Ronald Johnson, but Woods will be able to be that go to receiver next season. Losing Stanley Havili will hurt us so we'll see where they fill in that position. We are supposed to get a big time play maker in DeAnthony Thomas out of Crenshaw. The offense will be just fine.

Defense should be improved. Secondary will be more experienced. Linebackers we lose Malcom Smith, Mike Morgan, and possibly Chris Galippo. But Pullard and Vehikite should help out next season.

Not sure how good we will be or how we will fare next season. Everyone is now chasing Oregon and that will be a challenge for the coming years. But with good recruiting classes, USC will be able to bounce back within the next two years.

Fight On!

I think we should go to the spread more (not full time just more elements of it) we have so much talent on offense its ridiculous. Also D-Bax needs some more plays from the wildcat. We should also get George Farmer (another stud WR) which is why we should open it up and let fly. This team will go as far as Matt takes us, lets hope he improves more from his Sophomore to Junior season lol....

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#204 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted December 06, 2010 - 09:19 AM

I think we should go to the spread more (not full time just more elements of it) we have so much talent on offense its ridiculous. Also D-Bax needs some more plays from the wildcat. We should also get George Farmer (another stud WR) which is why we should open it up and let fly. This team will go as far as Matt takes us, lets hope he improves more from his Sophomore to Junior season lol....

We are actually. Kiffin talked about it earlier in the season that the offense would see some spread formations.

As for Barkley, I am not worried about him. This quote from Kiffin really does explain where he's at:

It was an up and down year for him, kind of like the whole team. He matured from last year, 26 TD's is not bad when you miss a game and a half, but there is a lot of work to be done in the off-season. It's important to remember how young he is, none of the QB's we had during our time here before had played yet at a similar point in their career, they all sat and watched and learned before they were thrown in there.

When you look at past USC quarterbacks, Booty, Leinart, and Sanchez, they all had the luxury of sitting out a couple years and learning before actually taking the field as a starter. Usually most quarterbacks start their third year with the program and next season will be Barkley's third so expect big things. He threw 26 TD's which is awesome but the interceptions will need to be decreased.

But look at someone like Carson Palmer and his career at SC.

First year starter - 2914 yards, 16 TD's with 18 interceptions - Soph.
Second year - 2717 yards, 13 TD's with 12 interceptions - Junior
Third year - 3942 yards, 33 TD's and 10 interceptions (Senior - Won Heisman)

Now look at Barkley so far:

First year - 2735 yards - 15 TD's with 14 interceptions - Freshman
Second year - 2791 yards - 26 TD's with 12 interceptions - Soph.

So when you look at it, his stats are pretty good for where he is at. Palmer did play his freshman year 9 games into the season when he took over the starting job so he had some experience as a freshman. If Barkley doesn't get hurt against Oregon State, he would probably be close to 3000 yards on the season. Next season will be his breakout year. But he still has some learning to do with his deep ball accuracy and he needs to lead his receivers better, but we have our self a good QB.

#205 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted December 10, 2010 - 07:10 PM

Looks like George Farmer committed to USC. Barkley must be smiling. Farmer/Prater/Woods combination is going to be insane!

#206 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted December 10, 2010 - 07:37 PM

Looks like George Farmer committed to USC. Barkley must be smiling. Farmer/Prater/Woods combination is going to be insane!

Haha I was just going to post the info. Big time pick up for the Trojans.

#207 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted December 10, 2010 - 07:43 PM

Let it fly!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

"USC is the right place for me," he said. "We are going to win some national championships."

Yessir.

Edited by *Mr. Prime Time*, December 10, 2010 - 11:19 PM.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#208 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 10:35 AM

George Farmar is a HUGE recruit for SC. Congrats.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#209 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 11:51 PM

Looks like USC will finish with a very talented class despite the sanctions on scholarships. Kiffin and Coach O have done a helluva job recruiting kids. Expect some surprises tomorrow!!!

Some bad recruiting news though, it's becoming more and more likely that USC is going to lose De'Anthony Thomas to Oregon. That would be a huge get for Oregon. I am hoping its all a ploy and he will still sign with SC, but the chatter with players and sources is that Thomas will be a Duck tomorrow. Best of luck to the kid where ever he goes!

Fight on!

#210 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 09:15 AM

Looks like USC will finish with a very talented class despite the sanctions on scholarships. Kiffin and Coach O have done a helluva job recruiting kids. Expect some surprises tomorrow!!!

Some bad recruiting news though, it's becoming more and more likely that USC is going to lose De'Anthony Thomas to Oregon. That would be a huge get for Oregon. I am hoping its all a ploy and he will still sign with SC, but the chatter with players and sources is that Thomas will be a Duck tomorrow. Best of luck to the kid where ever he goes!

Fight on!

After news broke a couple days ago about his visit to Oregon, it's been all Oregon since. I doubt he stays at USC. It's incredibly strange to see him switch though. He had been helping USC recruit for months, but looks like Oregon is where he wants to go. In others news, USC is dominating today. With or without Mamba, this class is stacked.

#211 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted July 31, 2012 - 02:39 PM

Time to get this thread back up.

USC just picked up a big time player in Silas Redd from Penn St, giving us much needed RB depth.

A 3,500 yard passer, two 1,000 yard rushers and two 1,000 yard receivers. Not sure the last time a team had this, need to look it up but this offense is going to be incredible. Going to be a fun season to say the least.

FIGHT ON!

#212 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted July 31, 2012 - 06:08 PM

Ey, you know Utah winning the Pac-12 though right?

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#213 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted July 31, 2012 - 07:25 PM

Ey, you know Utah winning the Pac-12 though right?

They'll be second or third. No one in the Pac-12 is touching SC this season.

#214 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 01, 2012 - 10:35 PM

The offense is going to be electric, but the defense needs to be traditional SC. With a number of starters returning you'd like to think they won't look as lost but we'll see. I don't expect em' to run the table, but wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Can't wait for the season to start.

#215 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 10:54 PM

The offense is going to be electric, but the defense needs to be traditional SC. With a number of starters returning you'd like to think they won't look as lost but we'll see. I don't expect em' to run the table, but wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Can't wait for the season to start.

They really improved last season after Monte Kiffin simplified the Tampa 2 scheme. We allowed some big points in about five games, which was expected against teams like Stanford and Oregon but there's still room for improvement.

With returners, this defense should take a step forward. Our linebackers are sophomores this year (people forget they were just freshman last season), McDonald will be a monster along with Florida transfer Josh Shaw and We've got one of the best corners in the country in Robey.

Our defensive line will be the question mark. Kennard might be done for the season with a torn pectoral muscle (had surgery recently). We need Horton & Greene to step up this year. Hopefully a young gun like Townsend or Wilson can give us something at that end spot.

Key is health with SC. We are probably the most talented two deep squad, but after that the depth is shake because of scholarship sanctions.

Should be a good year nonetheless. Three games that concern me are Utah, Washington, and Arizona (all road games) just because those are all very tough environments to play in.

#216 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 11:08 PM

Looking forward to seeing who locks up the 3rd WR spot. I really hope Agholor finds a way to snag it. I'm not a big fan of Flourney, who according to Kiffin is leading the way. And as always, Farmer is having trouble staying healthy.

#217 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 07:32 AM

Looking forward to seeing who locks up the 3rd WR spot. I really hope Agholor finds a way to snag it. I'm not a big fan of Flourney, who according to Kiffin is leading the way. And as always, Farmer is having trouble staying healthy.

I hope Agholor or Farmer snap that job but Flourney is having a very good few months and looks like he'll provide some stability. The third and fourth receivers are going to have a pretty easy job since they'll be single covered constantly with Woods and Lee on opposite sides of each other.

I'd keep an eye out on Victor Blackwell as well.

#218 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 05:19 PM

Looks like Farmer is 100% now and looked good in practice today. I hope he can stay healthy because he has a really bright future. That's the only thing holding him back at this point.

#219 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted August 16, 2012 - 10:39 AM

They really improved last season after Monte Kiffin simplified the Tampa 2 scheme. We allowed some big points in about five games, which was expected against teams like Stanford and Oregon but there's still room for improvement.

With returners, this defense should take a step forward. Our linebackers are sophomores this year (people forget they were just freshman last season), McDonald will be a monster along with Florida transfer Josh Shaw and We've got one of the best corners in the country in Robey.

Our defensive line will be the question mark. Kennard might be done for the season with a torn pectoral muscle (had surgery recently). We need Horton & Greene to step up this year. Hopefully a young gun like Townsend or Wilson can give us something at that end spot.

Key is health with SC. We are probably the most talented two deep squad, but after that the depth is shake because of scholarship sanctions.

Should be a good year nonetheless. Three games that concern me are Utah, Washington, and Arizona (all road games) just because those are all very tough environments to play in.

The Dline definetly has their work cut out for them. IMO they will have a pretty good test in the third game of the season, @Stanford. Yeah, no Luck, but they are returning Taylor and that power running game. In addition, Stanford is returning a few starters on their Dline (39 sacks last year and top 5? rush defense) and is expected to have good depth at the position as well. Should give us a chance to see where the SC run game is at too.

Even though the offense should be good, it's partially been the run game, or lack thereof(not being able to control the game), that has caused SC to slip up against PAC-12 opponents they should beat. Ehh you could also blame the front 7 of the defense for some of those losses too I suppose.

Anyway, if this team can maintain consistency and play to the level their capable, then they should find themselves in the PAC 12 title game and a BCS bowl game, possibly the NC. Would love it if they got to play an SEC squad.

#220 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted August 16, 2012 - 10:43 AM

Would love it if they got to play an SEC squad.

easy pickings

:yes:

Pau Gasol is GONE

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users