• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#341 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 03, 2009 - 03:37 AM

Great signing by you guys, it keeps you in front of the Spurs and makes you even tougher defensively. And for the people saying Artest is going to implode, he didn't do anything outrageous in Houston this year. He might not have the best past, but he is definetly a guy who will help you to repeat.

Thanks...he's got alot of good strong personalities around him now also. He doesn't have to handle much pressure so I don't anticipate any issues either. In fact, this should be the easiest, most carefree season he's ever had.

#342 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted July 03, 2009 - 03:49 AM

still cudn't believe we sign for less money and had an upgrade... weeeee

#343 Martellfor3

Martellfor3

Rookie

• 372 posts
  • Name:Daniel

Posted July 03, 2009 - 03:57 AM

To be honest, I would rather have Ron than Turkoglu on the Blazers, but I know that there is no chance the Blazers management would touch him considering the previous jailblazers era and them wanting to keep a clean image. To get him for 18 million over 3 years is a steal, he is on a similar level to the guys getting big paydays, its only his previous issues that are keeping him from getting much better money, and he isnt going to cause any problems on the previous champions.

#344 lakerball4life

lakerball4life

Off The Bench

• 1,700 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Machine

Posted July 03, 2009 - 04:05 AM

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:
Posted Image

#345 Mo Rings

Mo Rings

Fan since Hector was a pup!

• 543 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:All of 'em!

Posted July 03, 2009 - 05:29 AM

One thing overlooked by everyone, is he smart enough to learn the triangle in one year? Remember Payton? He never did figure it out. If he catches on, than cool, otherwise I would take the player with less talent but more tri experience. It took Trevor a while, Brown seemed to pick it up in about a month!

I will admit, picturing Ron guarding LeBron for us is intriguing!!!

#346 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted July 03, 2009 - 07:50 AM

One thing overlooked by everyone, is he smart enough to learn the triangle in one year? Remember Payton? He never did figure it out. If he catches on, than cool, otherwise I would take the player with less talent but more tri experience. It took Trevor a while, Brown seemed to pick it up in about a month!

He'll be okay, we don't run the triangle as much as we used to.

Posted Image

#347 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted July 03, 2009 - 08:48 AM

He'll be okay, we don't run the triangle as much as we used to.

If we run the triangle, basically it's kobe, pau fisher ball movement

#348 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted July 03, 2009 - 08:49 AM

rons played in the tri before
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#349 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted July 03, 2009 - 08:55 AM

Ron has experience with the triangle offense.

He played in the triangle offense his first two years in the league with Chicago.

Posted Image

#350 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 03, 2009 - 09:21 AM

Ron has experience with the triangle offense.

He played in the triangle offense his first two years in the league with Chicago.

Posted Image

Yeah. People just like to think Artest is stupid.

But again, why would Phil Jackson agree to take on a player who he believes would be incapable?

Some need to stop thinking they are smarter then the man with 10 rings.

#351 Mo Rings

Mo Rings

Fan since Hector was a pup!

• 543 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:All of 'em!

Posted July 03, 2009 - 01:15 PM

Coolio then, just a thought, but the argument about Phil doesn't holdup when you think of Payton.

#352 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted July 03, 2009 - 01:19 PM

Yeah. People just like to think Artest is stupid.

But again, why would Phil Jackson agree to take on a player who he believes would be incapable?

Some need to stop thinking they are smarter then the man with 10 rings.

also the way phil committed to the lakers immediately after ron artest signed has to tell you something
Posted Image

#353 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted July 03, 2009 - 01:21 PM

Phil knows what's up... He's not letting this go.

Posted Image

#354 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 03, 2009 - 01:40 PM

Artest played in the triangle in Chicago after he was drafted.

He's got experience.

#355 coron16

coron16

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Name:Corona
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted July 03, 2009 - 03:18 PM

You know what impress me most about this signing, for all the crap you hear about Artest, all the problems, all the fouls, all the blow ups. In this day and age of me, me, me, I, I, I he signed for less than what he could of got. That shows guts and desire. He is not in this for the show and dough but to win and thats what counts. I will miss Ariza, but I love Artest hard nose attitude. I want to see him explode, I want to see him foul, I want to see some ejections, but not too many. Thats exactly what the Lakers needed was a guy to get in some ones face and say "bring it." Good job MK, and welcome to LA Ron, we need you.

#356 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 04, 2009 - 01:23 PM

My god, I just came back from a camping trip of two days and was hoping for some news when I got back. I never expected to read this though. This is amazing! Mitch Kupchak just made a genius move towards us becoming a dynasty.

Ron Artest alongside Kobe and Pau? Wow.

I still can't believe it, what an amazing turn of events.

That being said, I'm sad to see Ariza go. He was becoming one of my favorite players on our squad and he'll only get better. But, his stupid agent [expletive]ed things up for him and didn't get him anymore money and he's now on an inferior squad. Best of luck to Ariza.

ARTEST! WHOOO! :dance1:

#357 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:1985 @ Birth
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 04, 2009 - 01:35 PM

You know what impress me most about this signing, for all the crap you hear about Artest, all the problems, all the fouls, all the blow ups. In this day and age of me, me, me, I, I, I he signed for less than what he could of got. That shows guts and desire. He is not in this for the show and dough but to win and thats what counts. I will miss Ariza, but I love Artest hard nose attitude. I want to see him explode, I want to see him foul, I want to see some ejections, but not too many. Thats exactly what the Lakers needed was a guy to get in some ones face and say "bring it." Good job MK, and welcome to LA Ron, we need you.

This.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users