Photo

Prime Ali vs. Prime Tyson

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Prime Ali vs. Prime Tyson (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Would Win?

1. Muhammad Ali (30 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. Mike Tyson (12 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,489 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 14, 2009 - 09:06 AM

Ali had more talent and was the more complete boxer so I give him the nod/ Still nobody hit harder than Mike. One mistake by Ali and it could be lights out.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#22 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 18, 2009 - 12:16 PM

Nobody hit harder than Mike, but prime Ali was such a smart fighter. Ali.

i actually think Foreman hit harder than mike....i'm a huge tyson fan but i think Ali sons him....badly
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#23 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted August 21, 2009 - 10:13 PM

i actually think Foreman hit harder than mike....i'm a huge tyson fan but i think Ali sons him....badly

I agree.

Muhammad Ali in his prime? Are you kidding me? He'd kill Mike. He would use Tyson's strengths and "anger" (which has been brought up numerous times in this discussion) against him, like he did with most he boxed. He was too swift, too talented and most importantly too smart.
iyjywo.jpg

#24 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted August 22, 2009 - 01:35 PM

I agree.

Muhammad Ali in his prime? Are you kidding me? He'd kill Mike. He would use Tyson's strengths and "anger" (which has been brought up numerous times in this discussion) against him, like he did with most he boxed. He was too swift, too talented and most importantly too smart.

Ali would have been all wrong for Mike....the types of fighters that gave Mike problems, even in his prime, were taller fighters that had solid jabs and liked to lean...Ali jabs, leans, and has better footwork than most middleweights

but asides the physical and stylistic attributes that Ali brings, its the head games that would crumble mike

Mike was a mental midget and the type of psychological warfare that Ali had, tyson would have been a wreck by fight night
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#25 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted August 22, 2009 - 02:30 PM

Ali had more talent and was the more complete boxer so I give him the nod/ Still nobody hit harder than Mike. One mistake by Ali and it could be lights out.

One of Ali's best attributes was his being able to take a punch.
Shots from Frazer, Foreman, and Norton, banged Ali up pretty bad but could never knock him out.
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users