Lost (Spoilers Inside)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
814 replies to this topic

#781 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 17, 2011 - 06:34 PM

lmao......^

but that was in a FS. Its not real. In the present day I hit that every night and shes infertile because the Island doesnt want her to conceive.

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 17, 2011 - 06:36 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#782 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,343 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 17, 2011 - 10:21 PM

:laughing:

for real Kate.

who's the baby's daddy?

Jack, Sawyer, Whatusaid :rock: , Ben, Mr. Friendly(Tom), Miles, Dan, Frogurt, Hurley, Charlie, Desmond, Eko, Carl, Doogan, Patchy, Michael, Walt, Vincent, Desmond, Jin&Juice, Boone, Locke, Smokey, Alpert, Dr. Chang, Houris, Roger Workman, Pablo, Sayid, Widmore, Radzinski, Kelvin orrrrrrr GA :nah: ?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#783 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted April 21, 2011 - 04:47 AM

Only a true Lost fan would read LakerGAFan's hella long post. :rock: :laughing:

Anyways came across this the other day, Michael is a good singer.

Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#784 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted April 21, 2011 - 08:33 AM

awesome find lala.
I didnt know Micheal sang. Hes ill to.
+1

edit: at youtube in the comments sections someone put
WAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLT!

lmao

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 21, 2011 - 08:34 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#785 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,343 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 03:33 PM

Michael was a treacherous mofo.

"Michael. You can go now. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" :|

Edited by WhatUSaid, April 21, 2011 - 03:33 PM.

#786 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 05:54 PM

Only a true Lost fan would read LakerGAFan's hella long post. :rock: :laughing:

Anyways came across this the other day, Michael is a good singer.

Cameo by Sawyer at 3:20.
Cool

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#787 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 01:27 AM

Cameo by Sawyer at 3:20.
Cool

Then Jin near the end of the vid. :rock:

*sigh* There will never be another show that will be as good as Lost...makes me sad. :cry:
Posted Image

#788 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 07:42 AM

Then Jin near the end of the vid. :rock:

*sigh* There will never be another show that will be as good as Lost...makes me sad. :cry:

oh yea....I didnt see him in the collage there before. Good spot.
And LMAO at the Micheal SouthPark character in the college to the left of Jin....lol

And your so right. Me and my wife say it pretty much every day. Theres just never going to be a TV show as good as LOST was.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#789 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted April 23, 2011 - 01:47 AM

They better make a movie. But then I would be even more depressed when it would finish. :laughing:

Oh yeah, I added Michael's song to my iPod, I actually put his real name then (WAAAAAALT) at the end. :laughing: :whistle:

Edited by LaLa, April 23, 2011 - 01:57 AM.

Posted Image

#790 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,343 posts

Posted April 23, 2011 - 07:51 PM

Imagine if they cancelled Lost after season 3(ratings weren't the greatest)? I'm thankful ABC let Lost go out on it's own terms.

Having an end date saved Lost. :yes:

#791 Rubynator

Rubynator

Best closer in the game

• 2,608 posts
  • Fan Since:5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic,West,Bynum

Posted April 27, 2011 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE "I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber." - Kobe Bryant

Posted Image

what Chick Hearn was to the "ear" of the fans, I want to be to the "eye" of the fans

-LD2K aka Chris

#792 Rubynator

Rubynator

Best closer in the game

• 2,608 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 03:04 AM

Also interesting theory I read.

How finite, but no. It's really not fact. I'm not going to condescend to you and actually post what the definition of 'fact' is, but let me just say that what you're saying the ending tells you is that it's not 'fact'.
I'm a watching the ending right now, like I've been watching over, and over and well, over; and I think you missed the important parts. The notion that there is no debate immediately destroys any credibility you have towards your viewpoint of the show. Like Flocke killing Zoey, "You wouldn't let her talk to me, which made her useless."
I invite debate, and will defend my position until the evidence presented no longer supports my side, or the opposing side accepts they have no case. To say there is no debate makes you "useless." The fact they told you what it was should make you suspect. They didn't answer what the Island was, do you REALLY think they would out and out tell you what the Flashsideways was? Maybe you should watch that scene again. How about I transcribe it here for you, with some explanation from me:

Christian- Hey, kiddo. (this let's you know it is, in fact Christian with his nickname for Jack)
Jack-Dad? (He's confused)
C-Hello, Jack (Yes, yes. Greetings. We haven't gotten to the good part yet)
J- I don't understand. You died. (This is past tense. Christian did die)
C- Yeah, Yes I did. (He is confirming that he died but has not stated that he is, in fact dead right now.)
J- Then how are you here right now? (Good question.)
C- How are you here? (Not an answer, but leading to it)
J- I died too. (This is again, past tense. They have yet to confirm that they are actually 'dead' tho Jack is believing that this is the case.)
C- It's okay. It's okay. It's okay, son. [they hug]
J- I love you, dad.
C- I love you, too, son. (This exchange is Jack letting go of his angst towards his father. A resolution for the character.)
J- Are you... Are you real? (Good question. Jack can touch and feel him. Not very dead at all.)
C- I sure hope so. [laughter] Yeah, I'm real. (well that just kicks purgatory right out the window, don't it? Wait there's more.)
C- You're real. Everything that's ever happened to you is real. (This doesn't mean just the Island. He's lived two lives up to this point. Both are real.)
C- All those people in the church, they're all real, too. (Lots of 'real' talk. Doesn't sound like a made up world, does it?)
J- They're all dead? (This is Jack being confused. Notice how Christian doesn't 'answer' his question directly)
C- *sigh* (There are many sighs and sniffles in the closed captioning, but I thought this one was particularily poignant. You can tell Christian knows that Jack hasn't 'gotten' it yet)
C- Everyone dies sometime, kiddo. (This is not saying that they are dead in the present tense, but that they did die in the other reality.)
C- Some of them before you, some long after you. (This is to say that this reality does not run parallel to the other. Goes along with Chrisitan's next line)
J- But why are they all here now? (Interesting question to ask of Jack, but then it's a lot to take in. It's also a setup for the next line)
C- Well there is no "Now" here. (This is actually a quantum physics statement as opposed to a purgatory one. Einstein said 'There is no difference between the past and the future in the 4-dimensional space-time-world. The present is only an illusion.')
J- Where are we, dad? (Good question. Jack is full of them)
C- This is a place that you... That you all made together so that you could find one another. (This is a referance to Faraday's theory on rerouting the river of time by dropping a boulder where others dropped pebbles. I'm of course referring to detonating Jughead during the Incident. They did it. They made it happen, it didn't happen to them)
C- The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. That's why all of you are here. (They are here because they did something important, not because they died.)
C- Nobody does it alone, Jack. You needed all of them, and they needed you. (That's sweet. But this is what Jack needs to hear and he'd only buy it from his dad.)
J- For what? (Still hasn't caught on yet. He's still trying to wrap his mind around the memories and why they needed each other)
C- To remember... and to let go. (The Island was a place that changed all of their lives. They were able to let go of their hangups and move on there. In this world, they didn't have an Island to help them, but they had each other to awaken the memories of another life so that they can move on with this one.)
J- Kate, she said we were leaving. (Good question. Leaving? It was weird of her to say.)
C- Not leave. No. (Okay, so leave was a bad word to use. What's a better turn of phrase?)
C- Moving on. (Right. I said that already. But 'moving on' doesn't have to mean going somewhere like 'leaving' does. Leaving would mean going to another place, like an afterlife, but moving on can happen without going anywhere.)
J- Where are we going? (Jack still hasn't got it. Good ole Jack. Always with the unnecessary questions.)
C- [quick smile] (I thought I'd toss this in, cause it is a brilliant acting moment. Christian is amazed at the innocence of Jack at this moment, so the next line is playing along, not pandering per se, but Christian is being more figurative with his answer, knowing Jack is accepting without understanding.)
C- Let's go find out. (He doesn't mean they are actually going anywhere, but that they are going to see what happens next.)
John Locke- We've been waiting for you. (As in 'to join the reunion and start the funeral')

So then everybody greets and sits down. Christian puts his hand on Jack's shoulder and then exits out the back into Light. Everyone reacts to the room filling with the light, but the scene cuts away before the whole room is filled with the light coming from the doorway. As I watch again, the light only comes from the door, the room itself doesn't become white like when Juliet hit Jughead.

This is what I take from the Light and Christian being there. When 815 crashed on the Island, Christian's body was taken, but not by the Smoke Monster, by the Heart of the Island; by Jacob. He took Christian so Jack couldn't resolve his issue by burying him. Burying him would only bury Jack's resentment, his doubt, deep down and he could never move on. By becoming the Protector and sacrificing himself to recap the stone, and defeating MiB, he saved the day and made it possible for them to get their memories back. When Desmond uncapped the heart, all the magic disappeared. MiB became mortal. Richard got a gray hair. Without that Light, the magic wouldn't have been there to give them their memories and they would have spent their entire lives in the Flashsideways no better than where they were before the Island. Incomplete. Christian appeared to Jack to explain to him why he has these memories. Jack is the type of person to question everything that happens to him, so if his dad (the only person he ever trusted completely) tells him it's okay, he'll accept the gift that was given. So The Light sent Christian and at the end, he was returning to the Light, perhaps to another timeline where he didn't die, or to the place he went to when he was taken during the 815 crash. That is the only real leap of faith I give this show, in that I don't care where Christian came from, that's the fiction part.

http://www.lost-foru...?t=88874&page=7
QUOTE "I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber." - Kobe Bryant

Posted Image

what Chick Hearn was to the "ear" of the fans, I want to be to the "eye" of the fans

-LD2K aka Chris

#793 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,343 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 12:52 PM

Also interesting theory I read.

How finite, but no. It's really not fact. I'm not going to condescend to you and actually post what the definition of 'fact' is, but let me just say that what you're saying the ending tells you is that it's not 'fact'.
I'm a watching the ending right now, like I've been watching over, and over and well, over; and I think you missed the important parts. The notion that there is no debate immediately destroys any credibility you have towards your viewpoint of the show. Like Flocke killing Zoey, "You wouldn't let her talk to me, which made her useless."
I invite debate, and will defend my position until the evidence presented no longer supports my side, or the opposing side accepts they have no case. To say there is no debate makes you "useless." The fact they told you what it was should make you suspect. They didn't answer what the Island was, do you REALLY think they would out and out tell you what the Flashsideways was? Maybe you should watch that scene again. How about I transcribe it here for you, with some explanation from me:

Christian- Hey, kiddo. (this let's you know it is, in fact Christian with his nickname for Jack)
Jack-Dad? (He's confused)
C-Hello, Jack (Yes, yes. Greetings. We haven't gotten to the good part yet)
J- I don't understand. You died. (This is past tense. Christian did die)
C- Yeah, Yes I did. (He is confirming that he died but has not stated that he is, in fact dead right now.)
J- Then how are you here right now? (Good question.)
C- How are you here? (Not an answer, but leading to it)
J- I died too. (This is again, past tense. They have yet to confirm that they are actually 'dead' tho Jack is believing that this is the case.)
C- It's okay. It's okay. It's okay, son. [they hug]
J- I love you, dad.
C- I love you, too, son. (This exchange is Jack letting go of his angst towards his father. A resolution for the character.)
J- Are you... Are you real? (Good question. Jack can touch and feel him. Not very dead at all.)
C- I sure hope so. [laughter] Yeah, I'm real. (well that just kicks purgatory right out the window, don't it? Wait there's more.)
C- You're real. Everything that's ever happened to you is real. (This doesn't mean just the Island. He's lived two lives up to this point. Both are real.)
C- All those people in the church, they're all real, too. (Lots of 'real' talk. Doesn't sound like a made up world, does it?)
J- They're all dead? (This is Jack being confused. Notice how Christian doesn't 'answer' his question directly)
C- *sigh* (There are many sighs and sniffles in the closed captioning, but I thought this one was particularily poignant. You can tell Christian knows that Jack hasn't 'gotten' it yet)
C- Everyone dies sometime, kiddo. (This is not saying that they are dead in the present tense, but that they did die in the other reality.)
C- Some of them before you, some long after you. (This is to say that this reality does not run parallel to the other. Goes along with Chrisitan's next line)
J- But why are they all here now? (Interesting question to ask of Jack, but then it's a lot to take in. It's also a setup for the next line)
C- Well there is no "Now" here. (This is actually a quantum physics statement as opposed to a purgatory one. Einstein said 'There is no difference between the past and the future in the 4-dimensional space-time-world. The present is only an illusion.')
J- Where are we, dad? (Good question. Jack is full of them)
C- This is a place that you... That you all made together so that you could find one another. (This is a referance to Faraday's theory on rerouting the river of time by dropping a boulder where others dropped pebbles. I'm of course referring to detonating Jughead during the Incident. They did it. They made it happen, it didn't happen to them)
C- The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. That's why all of you are here. (They are here because they did something important, not because they died.)
C- Nobody does it alone, Jack. You needed all of them, and they needed you. (That's sweet. But this is what Jack needs to hear and he'd only buy it from his dad.)
J- For what? (Still hasn't caught on yet. He's still trying to wrap his mind around the memories and why they needed each other)
C- To remember... and to let go. (The Island was a place that changed all of their lives. They were able to let go of their hangups and move on there. In this world, they didn't have an Island to help them, but they had each other to awaken the memories of another life so that they can move on with this one.)
J- Kate, she said we were leaving. (Good question. Leaving? It was weird of her to say.)
C- Not leave. No. (Okay, so leave was a bad word to use. What's a better turn of phrase?)
C- Moving on. (Right. I said that already. But 'moving on' doesn't have to mean going somewhere like 'leaving' does. Leaving would mean going to another place, like an afterlife, but moving on can happen without going anywhere.)
J- Where are we going? (Jack still hasn't got it. Good ole Jack. Always with the unnecessary questions.)
C- [quick smile] (I thought I'd toss this in, cause it is a brilliant acting moment. Christian is amazed at the innocence of Jack at this moment, so the next line is playing along, not pandering per se, but Christian is being more figurative with his answer, knowing Jack is accepting without understanding.)
C- Let's go find out. (He doesn't mean they are actually going anywhere, but that they are going to see what happens next.)
John Locke- We've been waiting for you. (As in 'to join the reunion and start the funeral')

So then everybody greets and sits down. Christian puts his hand on Jack's shoulder and then exits out the back into Light. Everyone reacts to the room filling with the light, but the scene cuts away before the whole room is filled with the light coming from the doorway. As I watch again, the light only comes from the door, the room itself doesn't become white like when Juliet hit Jughead.

This is what I take from the Light and Christian being there. When 815 crashed on the Island, Christian's body was taken, but not by the Smoke Monster, by the Heart of the Island; by Jacob. He took Christian so Jack couldn't resolve his issue by burying him. Burying him would only bury Jack's resentment, his doubt, deep down and he could never move on. By becoming the Protector and sacrificing himself to recap the stone, and defeating MiB, he saved the day and made it possible for them to get their memories back. When Desmond uncapped the heart, all the magic disappeared. MiB became mortal. Richard got a gray hair. Without that Light, the magic wouldn't have been there to give them their memories and they would have spent their entire lives in the Flashsideways no better than where they were before the Island. Incomplete. Christian appeared to Jack to explain to him why he has these memories. Jack is the type of person to question everything that happens to him, so if his dad (the only person he ever trusted completely) tells him it's okay, he'll accept the gift that was given. So The Light sent Christian and at the end, he was returning to the Light, perhaps to another timeline where he didn't die, or to the place he went to when he was taken during the 815 crash. That is the only real leap of faith I give this show, in that I don't care where Christian came from, that's the fiction part.

http://www.lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=88874&page=7

Interesting :hmm:

Christian was seen inside Jacobs cabin at one point right? Impossible for the MIB to cross the Ash right?

Makes sense.

#794 Rubynator

Rubynator

Best closer in the game

• 2,608 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 06:45 PM

Interesting :hmm:

Christian was seen inside Jacobs cabin at one point right? Impossible for the MIB to cross the Ash right?

Makes sense.

Another thing is that it wasn't the after life after but another reality. Which was created when jughead exploded which would explain why the island was underwater at the start of season 6

Posted Image

-LD2K aka Chris

#795 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,343 posts

Posted April 29, 2011 - 11:14 AM

Another thing is that it wasn't the after life after but another reality. Which was created when jughead exploded which would explain why the island was underwater at the start of season 6

I always thought it was another life(Flash sideways). The finale makes you think it was all Afterlife/Purgatory.

#796 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 12:28 AM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAALTTTTTTT!!!!!! :giggle:

Almost done with Season 1, kinda feels fresh again since its been a couple of months since I've finished the series. One thing that was interesting to me was that Sawyer and Jack's dad conversation at the bar. I might be looking too much into it but they mention how they're in hell and some other stuff. Yeah, probably nothing at all. :smh:
Posted Image

#797 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 05:39 PM

Kate looking hot as [expletive] in her new role. but Im no interested in the movie....lol.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#798 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,343 posts

Posted May 12, 2011 - 01:11 PM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAALTTTTTTT!!!!!! :giggle:

it's his birthday today. 19 years old, grow up so fast. :laughing:

I remember when fans used to spend so much time theorizing about Walt's importance on the show. Like Walt was the 'key' to it all.

#799 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 08:56 AM

My next home is going to be Oceanic Flight 815 fully equipped with Kate in her thong..with lots and lots of showers all over the place.
:homer:
I also thought this would be the #1 idea for the new LOST themed "Sawyers Island" in Disneyland/World

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/live-the-high-life-in-a-converted-airplane.html

Posted Image

Posted Image
Pat-downs from the Transportation Security Agency, seat auctions and fees spiraling out of control have made commercial air travel a real drag. In the 1930s and 1940s, boarding a passenger plane and flying to a faraway place was thrilling and glamorous and luxurious.

Unfortunately, but for the lucky few who can afford the awesome perks of business class, the glory days of commercial airline passenger comfort are long gone.

Thankfully, the romance and excitement of the early days of commercial flying lives on via a few ingenious entrepreneurs and architects around the world who dug deep into the sexy history of air travel and created amazing homes and hotels from decommissioned and/or deconstructed commercial aircraft.

Let's check out the high life in several converted airline properties. Prepare for liftoff.
http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/live-the-high-life-in-a-converted-airplane.html

Edited by LakersGAFan, May 13, 2011 - 08:57 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#800 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,343 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 12:35 PM

Looks like the drug plane.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users