814 replies to this topic

#761 Rubynator

Rubynator

Best closer in the game

• 2,608 posts
  • Fan Since:5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic,West,Bynum

Posted February 28, 2011 - 02:18 AM

Then how did Smokey transform into Alex when Locke is his permanent form???

Heard fix you earlier on the radio and it reminded me of Jack so I when I got home searched this on youtube.

Play it along with the song w/ lyrics perfect

Edited by Rubynator, February 28, 2011 - 08:03 AM.

QUOTE "I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber." - Kobe Bryant

Posted Image

what Chick Hearn was to the "ear" of the fans, I want to be to the "eye" of the fans

-LD2K aka Chris

#762 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,807 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 28, 2011 - 10:51 AM

Then how did Smokey transform into Alex when Locke is his permanent form???

Good question. Are you sure Smokey had already taken JL? Didn't they do something to trap Smokey into JL? I think it might have had something to do with JL body.

Lost info is getting fuzzy(in my mind), hate to say it.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#763 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 28, 2011 - 11:26 AM

True about Locke. I think you mean those who were dead. Who did Smokey transform into that was still alive? I can't think of any.??

He also transformed into
Isabella. Alpert's wife.

I still think he was Walts dog the whole freakin time....lol.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#764 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 02, 2011 - 07:59 PM

gonna re-start Lost from the beginning tonight. :laughing: :rock:
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#765 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,486 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted March 03, 2011 - 12:30 PM

gonna re-start Lost from the beginning tonight. :laughing: :rock:

sometimes I wish I could forget everything about LOST and watch it again to relive the experience of being a 1st timer.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#766 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 12:32 AM

sometimes I wish I could forget everything about LOST and watch it again to relive the experience of being a 1st timer.

IMO, watching it the 2nd time makes everything A LOT clearer, I think it might be a better experience since you're looking for subtle clues and analyzing every single small thing.
Posted Image

#767 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,486 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 09:38 AM

IMO, watching it the 2nd time makes everything A LOT clearer, I think it might be a better experience since you're looking for subtle clues and analyzing every single small thing.

yea.....your right. But Ive seen every episode like 4-5 times....lol
I feel like Karl.....

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 04, 2011 - 09:43 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#768 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted March 27, 2011 - 03:28 AM

Just watched an episode of law and order svu and saw Boone. Really good episode, called Dominance in season 4, before Lost...crazy.
Posted Image

#769 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,807 posts

Posted March 29, 2011 - 09:47 AM

Sawyer is going to be on an episode of Community(never seen it).

#770 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,486 posts

Posted March 29, 2011 - 10:04 AM

Sawyer is going to be on an episode of Community(never seen it).

:hmm: whad dat be?
gonna google it.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#771 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,486 posts

Posted March 29, 2011 - 10:24 AM

:hmm:

:eh:

:smh:

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#772 Rubynator

Rubynator

Best closer in the game

• 2,608 posts
  • Fan Since:5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic,West,Bynum

Posted April 05, 2011 - 03:04 AM

Its a funny show, my friends talk about it all the time. They compare it to entourage a lot
QUOTE "I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber." - Kobe Bryant

Posted Image

what Chick Hearn was to the "ear" of the fans, I want to be to the "eye" of the fans

-LD2K aka Chris

#773 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,807 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 01:40 PM

Did you know Michael Keaton was considered for the role of Jack?

#774 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,486 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 02:25 PM

Did you know Michael Keaton was considered for the role of Jack?

yea. its on one of the b/e extras about how if it was MK and they planned to kill him off in the 1st episode....lol

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#775 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,807 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 08:43 PM

How could they have killed Jack off after 1 epiosde? The show revolved around him? :hmm:

#776 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 11:55 PM

How could they have killed Jack off after 1 epiosde? The show revolved around him? :hmm:

Exactly, didn't they write the first season and the last season when they started the show? :hmm:
Posted Image

#777 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,486 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 07:55 AM

Yes. Originally Jack was supposed to be killed by the smoke monster in Episode 1 (the pilot). ts on the Blu-Ray speacial features and many sites.

http://lost.wikia.com/wiki/Pilot_-_Part_1
Under BACKGROUND INFORMATION
In the original script Jack was supposed to die at the end of the episode, and would have been played by Michael Keaton, however; it was decided by the writers that they didn't want to deceive the audience with this.

MORE AWESOME LOST FACTS

http://www.tv.com/lost/pilot-1/episode/334467/trivia.html

Goof: The Oceanic airplane is supposed to be a Boeing 777, but when you see Jack running through the wreckage you can see that the main landing gear of the plane has only 4 wheels instead of the six a B-777 would have. Also, when Kate, Jack and Charlie reach the front section of the plane, in several shots where you can see the instruments of the cockpit, there are 3 engine indicators instead of the two a 777 would have.

"Black and white" myth:
Charlie put white tape on his fingers, and write "Fate" with a black marker.

There's a deleted scene that takes place during the night: Hurley approaches Locke, and asks him if he wants to eat chicken or lasagna (food he recovered from the plane). Locke doesn't answer, and stares at the sky. Hurley leaves.

Numbers: 8: Claire says she's 8 months pregnant. The pilot has 8 stripes on his shoulders. 16: Jack's first surgery was done on a 16 year old girl. When Jack, Kate and Charlie find the pilot of Oceanic Flight 815, Jack tells the pilot that they crashed 16 hours ago. 23: The number of the seat that Jack was seated on in the plane was 23. The plane's flight number, "eight-fifteen", totals 23 when adding 8 and 15. 4, 8: Jack says that there are 48 survivors. 815: The crashed flight's number is Oceanic 815.

The production budget for the two-hour pilot was $11.5 million, making it the most expensive pilot in TV history and far greater than the cost of most television shows. This led to Disney firing ABC Entertainment Chairman Lloyd Braun for greenlighting the show, which went on to became ABC's biggest hit in years.

When Jack, Kate and Charlie are venturing into the jungle, they step over something that is assumed to be a log or something of that sort. In the commentary, they explained that what they actually stepped over was tracks for the dolley.

When Charlie offers to go on the hike with Jack and Kate, the camera switches to a close up of Jack and what is supposed to be Charlie's hair, but it is really Sawyer's hair, not Charlie's. In an earlier draft of the pilot, Sawyer was supposed to come up and talk to Jack and the others, but when they cut that out, they left the shot of Sawyer's hair.

Some characters are based in real life people:
-James Ford (Sawyer): Civic leader and pirate.
-John Locke: British empiricist.
-Kate Austen: American journalist and advocate of feminist and anarchist causes.
-Michael Dawson: English professional rugby player.
-Steve Jenkins: Wales international rugby player.

The man that is sucked into the turbine in the beginning of the episode was later confirmed by the producers as being Gary Troup, the author of Bad Twin. This was a book made up for the show and Hurley and Sawyer are seen reading it later in the series. However, a full version of the book was released to the public on May 2, 2006.

At the beginning of the episode, when all the explosions are going on, just after a man is sucked into the turbine, you can see some sort of shadow shoot up and over the turbine. Moreover, it starts circling the area several times and the camera actually focuses on it for a moment.

According to the DVD commentary for this episode, in the scene where they talk about going after the monster, Jack was supposed to be talking to Sawyer, but it was later edited so that it looks like he's talking to Charlie.

According to several Official Lost websites (such as the Channel 4 site), the plane crashed on September 22, 2004. The journey was supposed to be 13 hours and 52 minutes long, leaving Sydney at 08:04 and arriving at LAX at 18:16.

Goof: After Jack gets Hurley and Claire away from the wing falling down, they are all lying on the ground. As Jack says, "Stay with her" to Hurley, Hurley has a big lump of hair on his forehead that disappears and reappears between the shots.

Goof: When Jack drops to his knees, after removing the undershirt, one white shirt lies stretched out horizontally on the ground directly in front of him, with both knees centered in front of it; the other shirt is off to his right with the undershirt he drops. Three shots later, still on his knees, all three shirts lie rumpled to his right; eleven shots later, the single white shirt once again lies horizontally directly in front of him, in the very same position as the earlier shot.

When Kate finds the pilot's wingpin in the mud, the pilot's reflection is seen in the water as he lies on the branches above Kate. When Jack approaches they all look up and in the overhead shot the pilot's position differs and he lies on different parts of the branches.

In the first draft of the pilot, the episode would have covered six weeks of the story. Originally, the first episode would have ended with all the survivors already living in tents.

The tail of modern day commercial aircraft has a downward force acting on it. This is to counteract the upward forces from the main wing. When the tail section broke free, the tail should have gone down with the passenger section going up but in the scene, we see it going in the reverse direction. However, because we later learn how the plane crashed, this may not be an actual goof.

The pilots would not have changed course had the plane lost communications. International flight regulations and procedures specify that, in the event of lost radio communication, an airplane should change its transponder code to 7600, then follow the flight plan it had already been cleared for. It is for this exact reason that full flight plans are given and verified before the airplane takes off. By diverting course, the pilots violated several flight regulations, and, had they survived, would most likely be stripped of their licenses.

A jet engine produces a tremendous amount of thrust. Therefore, there is no way it would be just sitting on the beach like it is in "Pilot."

In the first flashback that Jack has, the attendant announces that the "pilot" has turned on the seat belt sign. The next two flashbacks - for Charlie and Kate - are the same except she says "captain."

Having a running engine on the beach made for a pretty dynamic rescue scene, but when the nose section came off, all controls to the engine would be lost, and it would have started spooling down at that point and quickly gotten to where it would not have the power to pull anyone off their feet. In addition, fuel pump power would have been cut off when the plane was ripped apart. The fuel could not even gravity feed as the engine was on top of the wing.

Nitpick: It has been suggested that in such a violent plane crash, the dog could not have been uninjured when everyone else had bruises and cuts. However, the dog could have been injured, but they may have just not shown it, or it might not just have external wounds.

Just after Jack, Kate, and Charlie are in the nose of the plane, they start running through the jungle. During this scene, off to the right hand corner of the screen, you can see someone standing behind the trees in a blue poncho.

The scene where Jack asks Kate to sew up his back injury was the audition scene used to select the two actors to play Jack and Kate.

The character of Sawyer was meant to be a slick New Yorker but the writers liked Josh Holloway's audition so much they changed him into a Southener.

In Latin America, this episode was known as "Piloto: Parte 1", which is an exact translation.

Awards won:
-2005 Emmy Awards for "Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series", "Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore)", "Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series" and *"Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series"*.

-*Motion Picture Sound Editors's 2005 Golden Reel Awards for "Best Sound Editing in Television Short Form-Sound Effects And Foley" and "Best Sound Editing in Television Short Form-Dialogue And ADR"*.

-Casting Society of America's 2005 Artios for "Best Dramatic Pilot Casting".

Awards nominations:
-2005 Emmy Awards for "Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series" and *"Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series"*.
-*2005 DGA (Directors Guild of America) Award for "Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Dramatic Series-Night"*.
-*2005 Hugo Award for "Best Dramatic Presentation-Short Form"*.
-2005 ASC (American Society of Cinematographers) Award for "Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography in Movies of the Week/Mini-Series/Pilot for Broadcast TV"*.
-*Art Directors Guild's 2005 Excellence in Production Design Award for "Television-Single Camera Television Series"*.
-*2005 C.A.S. (Cinema Audio Society) Award for "Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for Television-Series"*.

Matthew Fox originally read the part for Sawyer, but J.J. Abrams saw him as Jack.

A Jack-centric episode.
The opening sequence starts before any scene. Then, the main credits don't start until the second scene.

Opening sequence: The title appears from nowhere and aproaches to the screen.

In Latin America, the translating voice of Dominic Monaghan is the same that translated him in the "Lord Of The Rings" trilogy.

Neither Sawyer or Locke actually speak in the aired version on Pilot (Part 1), although Sawyer has a brief exchange with Charlie over a cigarette in the deleted scenes on the Season one DVD.

In Russia, the official name of the show is Ostatsya v zhivyh which literally means 'to stay alive'.

In Latin America, Lost is translated as "Desaparecidos", which is Spanish for "missing".

International Air Dates:
USA 22 September 2004
Canada 2 October 2004
Belgium 3 January 2005 (Flemish speaking region)
Denmark 11 January 2005
Bulgaria 22 January 2005
Czech Republic 22 January 2005
Hungary 22 January 2005
Poland 22 January 2005
Romania 22 January 2005
Slovakia 22 January 2005
New Zealand 2 February 2005
Norway 2 February 2005
Sweden 2 February 2005
Australia 3 February 2005
South Africa 5 February 2005
Croatia 22 February 2005
Hong Kong March 2005
Indonesia March 2005
Macau March 2005
Malaysia March 2005
Philippines March 2005
Sri Lanka March 2005
Thailand March 2005
Netherlands 4 March 2005
Portugal 6 March 2005
Argentina 7 March 2005
Brazil 7 March 2005
Italy 22 March 2005
Germany 4 April 2005
Iceland 4 April 2005
Spain 4 April 2005
Switzerland 5 April 2005 (German speaking region)
Israel 16 April 2005
Ireland 23 May 2005
Singapore 9 June 2005
Switzerland 14 June 2005 (French speaking region)
France 25 June 2005
Russia 10 July 2005
UK 10 August 2005
Slovenia 12 September 2005
Mexico 18 October 2005
Estonia 4 October 2005
Japan November 2005
Finland 26 January 2006

The crash site seen in this episode is replicated in "Walkabout", "Exposé", and "Greatest Hits".

The first flashback, of Jack on the plane, was filmed on the first day of production. The plane set used was also used by the film Soul Plane which was released in the summer of 2004.

Boone's original name was "5". When they decided to change it to "Boone" they ran a find-and-replace on the script. They later noticed that this changed the dialog between Kate and Jack in the stitching scene to "1, 2, 3, 4, Boone!

The Driveshaft song Charlie sings, "You All Everybody," was featured in "The Awful Truth," a season 4 episode of another J.J. Abrams series, Alias.

Yunjin Kim initially read for the role of Kate. She wasn't right for the role, but the producers liked her so much that they created the Korean couple for her.

The character Charlie Pace was supposed to be a 45-year-old has-been rock star, but the producers liked Dominic Monaghan's audition so much that they made the character younger to accommodate Dominic.

In the original script, Jack was supposed to be killed in the first episode by the 'monster', and Kate was supposed to be the main character who organizes the stranded group.

The series was edited to meet PG rating in the UK and including all other episodes.

The title of the show in France is Lost : les disparus while the Québécois (people from the province of Québec in Canada who predominately speak French) title is Perdus.

The reason for the part after the colon in the French title is because the French equivalent of the FCC has imposed the use of French titles for series except for cities or places. Meanwhile in Québec, Canada, there are no such regulations to how titles are to be named so it has just been translated to Perdus.

This is Terry O'Quinn's second time working with J.J. Abrams. He previously guest starred in 15 episodes of ABC's Alias.

The cast was not allowed to see a certain set. They had to cover their eyes until cameras rolled. They were walked down the path, cameras now on, and their reaction to seeing the cockpit leaning against the trees was real. This one-take is what was used in the pilot episode.

Series creator J.J. Abrams offered the lead role of Jack Shepard to actor Michael Keaton first when the character Jack was originally supposed to appear in only one episode as the character was supposed to die. But when J.J. decided to keep the character alive Michael Keaton rejected the role and actor Matthew Fox went for it.

Lost is filmed in Hawaii and the closing credits of every episode contain "The producers gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of the people of Hawaii and their Aloha spirit."

The Lost writers picked which backstories they were going to do by picking out three names from a hat.

Not only has Greg Grunberg worked with J.J. Abrams on Alias, but he worked with him on Felicity. Both Abrams and Grunberg have known each other since their childhood/when they were teens.

When Jack, Kate, and Charlie find the cockpit, you'll notice that the name of the airline is OCEANIC. This name has been widely used for an airline in many TV shows and films such as Executive Decision and also on an episode of J.A.G. The logo and the name have been used a lot even though the airline doesn't exist.

It cost $250,000 just to ship the wrecked plane pieces to Hawaii. The wreckage was clearly visible to aircraft landing at nearby Honolulu airport so airlines were advised to tell concerned passengers that they were actually seeing a TV set.

Plane wreckage scenes were filmed at Mokuleia Beach.

Mokuleia Beach is near Oahu's northwest tip (Kaena Point). Kaaawa Valley is over 30 miles away on the island's eastern coast. Kaaawa Valley is one of the few valleys on Oahu which are entirely privately owned. Many productions were filmed there, including Jurassic Park's memorable hiding-behind-the-log chase scene.

Although the Lost pilot is 2 hours long, network ABC decided to air both hours seperately, one on Sept. 22 and Sept 29.

Before being picked up for the fall season, ABC had already ordered six additional scripts beyond the pilot episode.

Filming of the 2-hour pilot of Lost began on Monday, March 22 and lasted through Saturday, April 24.

Lost filmed its first two days in the rain and bamboo forest along Old Pali Road where three survivors of a plane crash -- actors Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly and Dominic Monaghan -- on an unnamed and deserted Pacific island find the dead pilot hanging in a tree, a dog (which suddenly vanishes) and a child's shoe. They also shot at Waikane Valley filming, when six of the survivors, while hiking, are attacked by a charging polar bear.

During its original airing, the first half of this episode was uninterrupted by commercials.

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 06, 2011 - 08:09 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#778 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,587 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted April 06, 2011 - 02:09 PM

^ Thanks man. I really did not know some of that stuff.

Hey, somebody has probably posted this already but... whatever.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#779 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,486 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 02:19 PM

dude I never saw that^ and it was awesome....lol
Thanks

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#780 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,807 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 04:43 PM

Kate is having my baby.