Laker Girls Aren't The Best In The League

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted June 18, 2009 - 02:25 PM

The FOUR Laker girls routines were ridiculous. The Laker girls are no longer relevant.

Couldn't have said it any better. Completely unecessary and I felt enthralled to make a thread out of this to further elaborate on this point and talk about the Laker girls in general.

One of the things that bothers me most and I know for a fact it bothers a ton of others out there, especially those who follow the league, possibly have league pass, or even if they don't, but know of other teams and have seen their cheerleaders. How can a top notch franchise like ourselves, best in the world in fact, and by far best in the NBA, NOT have not only the hottest and most beautiful cheerleaders in the league, but also probably seemingly the boringest and most least sexy uniforms in the league? The first part should be automatic that we should have the best looking chicks in the business. I mean like I said, not only are we the top franchise and we invented the cheerleading thing in the NBA so we should set the standard and be at the top, but we live in L.A., a place with some of the most beautiful women in the world. It should be a given that we would show that and come through on that.

Now to the second part, with those uniforms. Seriously, they are some of the most boring, uninspired, and least sexy ones in the league. I see the Denver Nuggets' cheerleaders, Miami Heat, New Jersey Nets, Phoenix Suns, etc etc.. the list goes on. Why are ours so terrible and non exciting in comparison? How can that be? Inexcusable imo. Plus especially for the fact that we pay some of the most money in the league for tickets to go to games. We deserve the best product not only the court with the players, but on the court with the beauty of the cheerleaders.

In fact, I'll go as far as to say Laker girls are sometimes overrated. I'm completely jealous of a ton of other teams in the leagues' cheerleaders. Sexier & more beautiful girls and sexier and better outfits, which both lead to much more excitement and happiness.

Edited by Chicano, June 18, 2009 - 02:33 PM.

#2 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted June 18, 2009 - 02:31 PM

To be completely honest, I don't really care about them. I care about basketball. The Lakers product is so far superior that they don't need scantily clad girlies to keep people interested. I've awkwardly met a couple of them, including the captain, Annika (super cute), and they're really nice girls but they get way too much play in the full equation of things.

Edited by SaintNicholasVanExel, June 18, 2009 - 02:32 PM.

#3 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted June 18, 2009 - 02:35 PM

but they get way too much play in the full equation of things.

Totally, totally, totally. Maybe that's another reason people grow tired of them and don't even get excited. The tease factor completely dies away.

#4 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted June 18, 2009 - 02:35 PM

Because ours aren't sluts. Easy as that.
Posted Image

#5 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted June 18, 2009 - 02:36 PM

Shout Out to my Homegirl Michelle!!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted June 18, 2009 - 02:37 PM

Because ours aren't sluts. Easy as that.

PROOF?

#7 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts

Posted June 18, 2009 - 02:43 PM

PROOF?

Umm....never mind. :lol:

I think what I meant to say was that the Laker Girls are always looked at with class. So the Laker girls aren't all about tits and [expletive], they're about dancing and making the fans entertained. I know you know I'm in love with one of the former Laker girls so I look them with more respect than others, so I don't know. Maybe my opinion doesn't count because their good looks have me "brainwashed".
Posted Image

#8 The Goods

The Goods

Rookie

• 487 posts
  • Name:George
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 18, 2009 - 02:48 PM

We should be able to trade cheerleaders.

#9 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted June 18, 2009 - 02:48 PM

Maybe my opinion doesn't count because their good looks have me "brainwashed".

I'm not denying none of them are good looking or anything, but we can do SOOO much better just based off of what I've seen off a handful of teams around the league, and again, especially in the uniform department.

I think what I meant to say was that the Laker Girls are always looked at with class. So the Laker girls aren't all about tits and [expletive]

I kinda chuckled when I read this, nice rhyme. Maybe you should submit it into the 'Post A Rhyme' Thread.

#10 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts

Posted June 18, 2009 - 03:09 PM

I'm not denying none of them are good looking or anything, but we can do SOOO much better just based off of what I've seen off a handful of teams around the league, and again, especially in the uniform department.

I kinda chuckled when I read this, nice rhyme. Maybe you should submit it into the 'Post A Rhyme' Thread.

I don't know, I like our girls. I'm fine with them.

I didn't even realize I rhymed. :lol:
Posted Image

#11 nlbford

nlbford

Rookie

• 100 posts
  • Fan Since:1972
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem

Posted June 18, 2009 - 03:25 PM

As a longtime season ticket holder I have grown very tired of their outdated routines - playing crappy club music doesn't make em any better.

And people complain about Staples crowds, but I can say after watching hundreds of games, nothing kills the Lakers crowd faster and harder than a Laker Girl's routine.

#12 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted June 18, 2009 - 03:28 PM

As a longtime season ticket holder I have grown very tired of their outdated routines - playing crappy club music doesn't make em any better.

And people complain about Staples crowds, but I can say after watching hundreds of games, nothing kills the Lakers crowd faster and harder than a Laker Girl's routine.

EXACTLY. ...and that's good to hear from a season ticket holder with an appreciation for the history of the team.

If you ask me, the team could do without them. They're good for liquor store grand openings and shoe city appearances... other than that... i don't know...

#13 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted June 18, 2009 - 03:30 PM

Should we start a petition to get rid of the Laker girls?

I wouldn't go that far. I personally wouldn't mind them gone, but if they stay, I'm not complaining, however as I said earlier, I just wish they were better looking and wore more exciting outfits like the majority of teams around the league.

Heck, the state of Utah is full of Mormons and I'd bet the Utah Jazz cheerleaders even spice things up more than our girls. That's crazy.

#14 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,445 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted June 18, 2009 - 03:31 PM

Jerry Buss takes all the would-be gorgeous cheerleaders and has them sit with him during games!
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#15 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,685 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 18, 2009 - 03:33 PM

i could never understand how the lakers, the TOP sporting team in LA, can't attract the finest girls to be cheerleaders

come on, that should be a given for us

2div

#16 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,573 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted June 18, 2009 - 03:33 PM

They could use some better halftime shows. That quick change act is sooooooo old.
1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

#17 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted June 18, 2009 - 03:34 PM

^ Seriously.

Jerry Buss takes all the would-be gorgeous cheerleaders and has them sit with him during games!

You're probably right.

i could never understand how the lakers, the TOP sporting team in LA, can't attract the finest girls to be cheerleaders

come on, that should be a given for us

Thank you, but maybe Klewfish has figured it out.

#18 Superstar Basketball

Superstar Basketball

Rookie

• 315 posts
  • Name:Commish
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 18, 2009 - 03:43 PM

I know Michelle too.
She went to Nogales H.S.
Haven't seen her in years....

As far as Laker girls go....
The hottest girls I've seen where the Heat dancers.

OMG.
All the hot girls seem to be working down the street *cough* Rhino
www.superstarbasketball.org
"Basketball isn't just a game, it's a lifestyle"
SEASON 14
BACK TO BASICS

#19 Josh4Q

Josh4Q

Rookie

• 136 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Cedric Ceballos

Posted June 18, 2009 - 04:54 PM

During the parade, the entire crowd was nearly put to sleep during the Lakers girls routines. I can care less about the Lakers girls as long as the team is putting together a quality performance, but with it being L.A. and L.A. being known for setting trends, if I were n charge I'd make sure that the music and routines were a little more relevant. There's nothing wrong with nostalgia and classics, but really, why does every dance routine have to be to a song thats more than 20 years old. And as far as uniforms,, once again this is L.A., I know there's gotta be some designers out there that can keep the Lakers girls uniforms up to par or ahead of the rest of the league. Hell the designers of other squads probably come from Los Angeles.
I won't be chauvinistic and say that we need better looking cheerleaders, becaause none of them are ugly in my opinion and it comes down to talent anyways.

#20 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted June 18, 2009 - 05:04 PM

Couldn't have said it any better. Completely unecessary and I felt enthralled to make a thread out of this to further elaborate on this point and talk about the Laker girls in general.

One of the things that bothers me most and I know for a fact it bothers a ton of others out there, especially those who follow the league, possibly have league pass, or even if they don't, but know of other teams and have seen their cheerleaders. How can a top notch franchise like ourselves, best in the world in fact, and by far best in the NBA, NOT have not only the hottest and most beautiful cheerleaders in the league, but also probably seemingly the boringest and most least sexy uniforms in the league? The first part should be automatic that we should have the best looking chicks in the business. I mean like I said, not only are we the top franchise and we invented the cheerleading thing in the NBA so we should set the standard and be at the top, but we live in L.A., a place with some of the most beautiful women in the world. It should be a given that we would show that and come through on that.

Now to the second part, with those uniforms. Seriously, they are some of the most boring, uninspired, and least sexy ones in the league. I see the Denver Nuggets' cheerleaders, Miami Heat, New Jersey Nets, Phoenix Suns, etc etc.. the list goes on. Why are ours so terrible and non exciting in comparison? How can that be? Inexcusable imo. Plus especially for the fact that we pay some of the most money in the league for tickets to go to games. We deserve the best product not only the court with the players, but on the court with the beauty of the cheerleaders.

In fact, I'll go as far as to say Laker girls are sometimes overrated. I'm completely jealous of a ton of other teams in the leagues' cheerleaders. Sexier & more beautiful girls and sexier and better outfits, which both lead to much more excitement and happiness.

Stick to basketball. What a loser thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users