• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#41 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,278 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 02, 2008 - 09:39 AM

Kanye West, I like all of his songs. The other rappers, aren't my style.

Posted Image

#42 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,965 posts

Posted August 02, 2008 - 05:55 PM

lil wayne isnt the best anymore, i'm still recovery from that lollipo disaster, he needs to get alot of good sngs to get my respect back

honestly i think the best is lupe fiasco listen to the song hurt me soul

#43 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,965 posts

Posted August 02, 2008 - 05:57 PM

I've always been a big fan of Mos Def.

Him and Talib are getting back together.

ah, i ave all his songz, mof def iz dope

#44 KGB

KGB

To be the greatest

• 202 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted August 02, 2008 - 09:09 PM

Does anybody know patriarch? Probably don't but yall should look him up.

#45 MACP.A.T.

MACP.A.T.

Rookie

• 70 posts

Posted August 04, 2008 - 09:47 AM

do you know that back in 92 that type of rap was not considered wide mainstream (the tupac song at least), rap was still innovative ... except for the likes of mc hammer, mc brains, pm dawn, and such, as for the Jay Z and the Nas comments, yes its true, they sold out but they have been in the game for far too long for them to not sit there and let the money pass them by (im not a fan of them and im not okaying it, its just the truth), as for lil wayne, he hasnt made himself known to the general public (hes been mostly known in the southern scene, or with the likes of cash money), so for him to come out all of a sudden with these weak songs, it makes many ask, including myself, if this guy is a true rhymesayer, and yes ive heard his underground mixtapes ... im not impressed, lauren hill has more skill than that

Lil Wayne had been in the game atleast 10 years before Lollipop. The Hot Boys and Lil Wayne were not just a southern act, they were nationally known, and maybe thats part of your problem with Wayne. Before the Carter III, there was the Carter I, II, and in The Block Is Hot, which were all above average CD's, and I have to wonder if there is anything that Lil Wayne can do to impress you. It sounds like you are holding some type of bias against for some reason to say you haven't been impressed by anything from him at this point. And Lauryn Hill has arguabely more skill than another other name in your paragraph.

Nissan call a spade a spade, there was really nothing classic about I Get Around, nor Whats your Phone #

Also some of you come across as some of the worst rap fans ever. Seriously.

#46 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 04, 2008 - 10:06 AM

^ The hate for Lil Wayne is crazy... everybody is hating on the guy. :rock:

#47 MACP.A.T.

MACP.A.T.

Rookie

• 70 posts

Posted August 04, 2008 - 10:18 AM

^ The hate for Lil Wayne is crazy... everybody is hating on the guy. :rock:

That's what happens when you get on top! Its human nature for some people to just hate on someone else succeeding.

#48 Thizz

Thizz

Rookie

• 299 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 04, 2008 - 10:42 AM

Right now its gotta be between Ya Boy, Nas, Cassidy, or Little Brother

#49 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 04, 2008 - 10:44 AM

Right now its gotta be between Ya Boy, Nas, Cassidy, or Little Brother

No love for Joe Budden or Royce da 5'9? :rock:

#50 Thizz

Thizz

Rookie

• 299 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 04, 2008 - 10:51 AM

No love for Joe Budden or Royce da 5'9? :rock:

Royce is ill, one of the best rappers out. Buddens was cool in the day but he a punk. Why was he frontin and makin excuse not to battle Mistah Fab? And he was talkin **** about Royce. Mood Muzik 3 was tight but Buddens needs to stop talkin and do something

#51 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,965 posts

Posted August 04, 2008 - 02:19 PM

no foo, lil wayne was my favrite rapper, but he just took a big dump in my headphones, lollipop was [expletive], a milli made no sence, so i go back to listening to the good ol days like pop bottles and go dj

#52 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,965 posts

Posted August 04, 2008 - 02:20 PM

Lil Wayne had been in the game atleast 10 years before Lollipop. The Hot Boys and Lil Wayne were not just a southern act, they were nationally known, and maybe thats part of your problem with Wayne. Before the Carter III, there was the Carter I, II, and in The Block Is Hot, which were all above average CD's, and I have to wonder if there is anything that Lil Wayne can do to impress you. It sounds like you are holding some type of bias against for some reason to say you haven't been impressed by anything from him at this point. And Lauryn Hill has arguabely more skill than another other name in your paragraph.

Nissan call a spade a spade, there was really nothing classic about I Get Around, nor Whats your Phone #

ya never herd hiz remixes, there sick and his songs with the birdman

#53 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted August 05, 2008 - 07:59 PM

I've already stated that i dont like lil wayne way before you started to quote me on that, go look up all the old threads on clublakers, u should know ... seriously, ive also already stated that ive listened to his other albums, and i wasnt impressed .... when jay or tupac were on top, i didnt hate on them so how is this comparable ... its just him, did i ever say i love jay z or tupac, and why dont you just say lauren hill has better rhymes than tupac since thats what youre insinuating ... or is it jay z ... geez? maybe its because of my age/era, but thats why i stated tupacs song was a classic cuz it came out when i was a junior in high school, but personally, im not fond of weezys style, and lets just leave it at that. If for unusual reason he decides to showcase at "rock the bells" ill change my tune but i doubt he would get invited or join .... btw, how am I coming off as one of the worst rap fans ever just because I dont jock your boy lil wayne????

Edited by phifedogg76, August 05, 2008 - 08:12 PM.

Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#54 Zen

Zen

cooler than a polar bears toenails

• 661 posts
  • Location:"I got dreams, but dreams don't keep the lights on."
  • Fav. Laker:..::Magic::..

Posted August 05, 2008 - 09:29 PM

^ The hate for Lil Wayne is crazy... everybody is hating on the guy. :vomit:

The hype for Lil Wayne is crazy too....everybody overrates the guy. You wouldn't ever hear me even mention Lil Wayne's name if it wasn't for all the people running around crowning him the best rapper alive.

#55 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted August 05, 2008 - 10:52 PM

The hype for Lil Wayne is crazy too....everybody overrates the guy. You wouldn't ever hear me even mention Lil Wayne's name if it wasn't for all the people running around crowning him the best rapper alive.

Seriously he is terrible..

Wish Pun on Big L was alive they would tear him apart..
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#56 Beef

Beef

Rookie

• 392 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Bynum

Posted August 06, 2008 - 01:03 AM

Lil Wayne is not a rapper,he is a hip-pop singer and a loser.

#57 BALISTIK

BALISTIK

u just mad cuz i tell it how it is & u tell how it might be

• 212 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Slava!

Posted August 07, 2008 - 01:40 AM

hova, then wayne

machine...must...make...three......point!

#58 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 07, 2008 - 02:00 AM

For real, anyone who thinks Lil Wayne's freestyles are amazing (lol) should listen to some Big L

#59 escobar8

escobar8

Rookie

• 74 posts

Posted August 07, 2008 - 02:25 AM

best alive is Ice Cube...
and the recent artist i like very much is papoose...
My dream team
PG-Sasha Grey SG-Mika Tan SF-Lacey Duvall PF-Jada Fire C-Ava Devine

Bench-Lucy Lee,Miko Lee,Cytheria,Marie Luv,Gia Paloma,Audrey Hollander,Katja Kassin,Shy Love,Jenna Haze,
Sativa Rose,Adriana Sage,Daisy Marie,Annie Cruz,Kelly Wells...

#60 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 07, 2008 - 06:15 AM

Royce da 5'9 is the best rapper alive.

This.

Other young guys who are killing it:

Lupe Fiasco (mixtapes > his albums. The Cool was weak sauce)
Wale
Lil' Wayne (this should go without saying, but there are some haters on here)
Termanology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users