Photo

Who is the Best Rapper right now?

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted July 25, 2008 - 06:06 PM

Nas used to be the best(illmatic,It was written),but now,he is starting to get a littlebit too mainstream,se he is not the best right now,but definetly top 5 of all time.

Word.

The last couple of years he's been an attention whore. He needs to work with Premo again. :(

#22 Guest_Nyla_*

Guest_Nyla_*

Posted July 25, 2008 - 07:47 PM

Posted Image

#23 KGB

KGB

To be the greatest

• 202 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted July 30, 2008 - 12:12 AM

There is NEVER gonna be a Best Rapper Alive cause everyone has their opinions and cause of fanboyism.

While I agree very much. It would be very hard to convince me anybody is better than Immortal technique. This dude is just mind boggling. He's unarguably the best right now and possibly the best ever.

#24 extreme

extreme

Going to the extreme!

• 204 posts
  • Name:Massimo
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher, Kobe

Posted July 30, 2008 - 11:08 PM

Where can I download lots of Rap music?

#25 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted July 30, 2008 - 11:35 PM

While I agree very much. It would be very hard to convince me anybody is better than Immortal technique. This dude is just mind boggling. He's unarguably the best right now and possibly the best ever.

I love Immortal Technique too but I don't think he's the best. A lot of people don't like his flow, he's had some wack beats on his earlier stuff, and he doesn't really have any diversity at all in his subject material. A lot of people also don't wanna just hear about the government and conspiracies.

But I think Tech is ILL, I got all his ish and I can't wait to see him live in a lil over a week!!!

#26 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted July 31, 2008 - 12:15 AM

Joell Ortiz
Immortal Technique

Wayne is a joke, no lyrical skills.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#27 Zen

Zen

cooler than a polar bears toenails

• 661 posts
  • Location:"I got dreams, but dreams don't keep the lights on."
  • Fav. Laker:..::Magic::..

Posted July 31, 2008 - 01:40 PM

I love Immortal Technique too but I don't think he's the best. A lot of people don't like his flow, he's had some wack beats on his earlier stuff, and he doesn't really have any diversity at all in his subject material. A lot of people also don't wanna just hear about the government and conspiracies.

But I think Tech is ILL, I got all his ish and I can't wait to see him live in a lil over a week!!!

I feel the same way. Tech is one of my favorite rappers but I would never call him the best rapper out right now. His rhyme schemes are usually pretty simple and like you said he's not all that diverse. That being said Rev. 2 is still one of my favorite albums of all time and he always puts out dope music. I've been waiting for Middle Passage for so long now its not even funny. Hopefully it drops while I'm still alive. :lol:

#28 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted July 31, 2008 - 01:41 PM

I've always been a big fan of Mos Def.

Him and Talib are getting back together.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#29 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

Rookie

• 1,215 posts

Posted July 31, 2008 - 02:19 PM

Based on recent work, I'll have to give it to Nas.

#30 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted August 01, 2008 - 12:57 AM

Immortal is sick .. i like MF Doom, not cuz his punches but he has multiple upon multiple rhyme lines ... and they make sense ... too bad i dont like him on a personal level due to his doomposter phase hes doing currently

Edited by phifedogg76, August 01, 2008 - 12:58 AM.

Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#31 MACP.A.T.

MACP.A.T.

Rookie

• 70 posts

Posted August 01, 2008 - 12:55 PM

Why are people acting like Lollipop is the only song Lil Wayne has ever made. :nervous: Like Nas didn't make Oochie Wally, as if Jay Z didn't make Girls, Girls, Girls, and Tupac didn't make I Get Around etc....

#32 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted August 01, 2008 - 02:45 PM

Nas is the G.O.A.T!
I will admit waynes album was OK

I'm looking forward to games album tho.

Edited by Aceis²FresH, August 01, 2008 - 02:45 PM.

#33 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 01, 2008 - 02:48 PM

Why are people acting like Lollipop is the only song Lil Wayne has ever made. :nervous: Like Nas didn't make Oochie Wally, as if Jay Z didn't make Girls, Girls, Girls, and Tupac didn't make I Get Around etc....

Please don't even compare I Get Around to songs like Oochie Wally and Girls, Girls, Girls. Those are garbage and I Get Around is a classic song. :nervous:

#34 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 01, 2008 - 02:51 PM

Papoose

Edited by MDI, August 01, 2008 - 02:52 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#35 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted August 01, 2008 - 07:28 PM

Why are people acting like Lollipop is the only song Lil Wayne has ever made. :D Like Nas didn't make Oochie Wally, as if Jay Z didn't make Girls, Girls, Girls, and Tupac didn't make I Get Around etc....

do you know that back in 92 that type of rap was not considered wide mainstream (the tupac song at least), rap was still innovative ... except for the likes of mc hammer, mc brains, pm dawn, and such, as for the Jay Z and the Nas comments, yes its true, they sold out but they have been in the game for far too long for them to not sit there and let the money pass them by (im not a fan of them and im not okaying it, its just the truth), as for lil wayne, he hasnt made himself known to the general public (hes been mostly known in the southern scene, or with the likes of cash money), so for him to come out all of a sudden with these weak songs, it makes many ask, including myself, if this guy is a true rhymesayer, and yes ive heard his underground mixtapes ... im not impressed, lauren hill has more skill than that
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#36 KGB

KGB

To be the greatest

• 202 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted August 01, 2008 - 09:24 PM

Papoose

Not the best but another great mention :rock:

#37 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 01, 2008 - 09:27 PM

Papoose

LMAO!

Another over hyped mixtape rapper from NY.

#38 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 01, 2008 - 09:28 PM

I have no idea who he is, neither have I listened to him (well except his small part in Busta's "Touch it" which is a mainstream hit). Papooze sounded like a tight name so I threw it out there and he turns out to be a decent one huh? nice

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#39 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 02, 2008 - 01:30 AM

I have no idea who he is, neither have I listened to him (well except his small part in Busta's "Touch it" which is a mainstream hit). Papooze sounded like a tight name so I threw it out there and he turns out to be a decent one huh? nice

Lmao wtf.

I got respect for him, he's pretty sick. Doesn't even have a real album out though does he?

#40 Rinnegato

Rinnegato

Rookie

• 150 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, and Chick

Posted August 02, 2008 - 07:29 AM

I still think Canibus is the best lyricist-
Right now I like listening to Kanye, dude's got passion and skillz
"This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!" -Chick Hearn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users