Real Madrid sign Kaka...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 03:52 PM

Real Madrid have announced they have completed the signing of Brazilian star Kaka from AC Milan on a six-year deal.

A press conference with the 27-year-old, who had been linked with Chelsea, is planned for 0100 BST on Tuesday.

The fee is reported to be £56m, which would be a new world record in pounds, surpassing the £45.6m Madrid paid for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

"It will be very difficult to fill the void that will be left by Kaka," said an AC Milan statement.

"[He is] a shining example of professionalism and commitment.

"AC Milan thanked the man and the great champion Kaka for his decisive contribution to the many victories achieved in the six years of his commitment."

606: DEBATE
Perez clearly hasn't learned from his first spell as President

scowapl

The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) earlier said he had a medical in Recife, where Brazil face Paraguay in a World Cup qualifier on Wednesday.

A short statement on the Real site said: "He is a Real Madrid player now after an agreement was reached with AC Milan.

"The Brazilian has passed all the tests of the medical examination satisfactorily. Kaka has signed a contract with Real Madrid for the next six seasons."

The official unveiling in Madrid is unlikely to take place until the end of the month, as Kaka is in the Brazil squad for the Confederations Cup in South Africa.

Kaka is the first capture for the returning Real president Florentino Perez, who previously led the Spanish club from 2000 to 2006 - during the famous Galacticos era.

That resulted in the spending of large fees to bring the likes of Ronaldo (£23.2m), David Beckham (£24.5m), Luis Figo (£37m) and Zidane to the club.

Zidane joined Real from Juventus for a fee reported to be 73m euros in 2001.

Kaka's fee is thought to be around 65m euros, but with the fluctuation in exchange rates his fee represents the most ever paid in British terms.

Perez's comeback is on the back of a pledge to relaunch another Galacticos era, with Kaka one of his chief targets.

The Brazilian joined Milan from Sao Paolo in 2003 for just 8.5m euros and has since enjoyed great success.

In 2007 alone Milan picked up the Champions League as well as the Uefa Super Cup and the Fifa Club World Cup, whilst his Brazil side won the Confederations Cup and he was also voted the Fifa World Player Of The Year.

Archive - Kaka scores against Croatia

He has also won the Seria A title, and was part of Brazil's 2002 World Cup-winning squad.

Although under contract at the San Siro until 2013, in January Manchester City made an audacious £100m bid, offering a reported £500,000 a week in wages but Kaka opted to stay in Italy.

More recently he was linked with a move to Stamford Bridge, following the arrival of former Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti at Stamford Bridge.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/8082147.stm
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#2 Eronisco

Eronisco

Rookie

• 126 posts
  • Name:Andreas
  • Fan Since:2000~
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 09, 2009 - 07:49 AM

Another great player ruining his career, more or less...

#3 Alicantino

Alicantino

Herculano hast los ojos!

• 795 posts
  • Fan Since:Cuando conoci la NBA, hace 20 años.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem!!!

Posted June 11, 2009 - 04:01 AM

Another great player ruining his career, more or less...

yes, like zizou, beckhang, raul, redondo, hugo sanchez, di estefano,casillas,....and .....¿?

Italian soccer is strong but kaka was in ruins in italy, its a league so many bored for an offensive player...

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡AHORA VIENE LO BUENO!!!!`

#4 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted June 11, 2009 - 05:30 AM

kaka was in ruins in italy, its a league so many bored for an offensive player...

I disagree, Italian football is very technical and tactical. The defenders are had nuts and hard to get past. In Spain he'll play against weak defenders that go down like they've been shot by a bullet if you touch them.

He moved to Real Madrid for the fame, not for the league standards or he would have moved to England.

#5 Alicantino

Alicantino

Herculano hast los ojos!

• 795 posts

Posted June 11, 2009 - 06:45 AM

I disagree, Italian football is very technical and tactical. The defenders are had nuts and hard to get past. In Spain he'll play against weak defenders that go down like they've been shot by a bullet if you touch them.

He moved to Real Madrid for the fame, not for the league standards or he would have moved to England.

ufff, desagree and desagree again.

1º:- kaka move to RM for the money and because is the most famous club in the world.

2º.- I quite like Premier but you are wrong. The most offensive league in the world is La Liga with difference.

All scoccer players know that.

Goals
La Liga: 1101.
Calcio: 988.
Premier: 943.

(three leagues with 20 teams)

Last season, possible the best offensive players in the world wasnt in spanish league. Imagine this year with kaka, Cr7 and possible Ibraimovich.

#6 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted June 11, 2009 - 06:49 AM

That was my point, he moved to RM because of money and fame.

Most offensive league doesn't = Best.

I quite disagree with the point he left Italy to play in a better league. Italian teams are scooping up good young players now days (Pato, Thiago Silva) and producing good ones (Mario Balotelli). It won't be long before Italian football is very good again.

#7 Alicantino

Alicantino

Herculano hast los ojos!

• 795 posts

Posted June 11, 2009 - 06:57 AM

Most offensive league doesn't = Best.

I quite disagree with the point he left Italy to play in a better league. Italian teams are scooping up good young players now days (Pato, Thiago Silva) and producing good ones (Mario Balotelli). It won't be long before Italian football is very good again.

MOst offensive league could not to be the best but without doubt is the most offensive league... :dance1: This year the best league was The Premier because they showed us fulling finals series in champions league.

Desagree about Calcio, is a great league of course but they are too limited for defensive tacticals. I´d rather Premier or Liga. I think sometimes calcio is bored.

#8 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted June 11, 2009 - 06:59 AM

Desagree about Calcio, is a great league of course but they are too limited for defensive tacticals. I´d rather Premier or Liga. I think sometimes calcio is bored.

I agree they are too defensive, but alot of the time it works.

Score a goal, park the bus and then time waste :D. It is poor football when they do that though :nah:

#9 Alicantino

Alicantino

Herculano hast los ojos!

• 795 posts

Posted June 11, 2009 - 07:01 AM

I agree they are too defensive, but alot of the time it works.

Score a goal, park the bus and then time waste :D. It is poor football when they do that though :nah:

Ja,ja, I didnt know you say too "park the bus", jaja, in spanish..."aparcar el autobus en el area"...jaja. :lol: :lol:

#10 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted June 11, 2009 - 07:07 AM

Ja,ja, I didnt know you say too "park the bus", jaja, in spanish..."aparcar el autobus en el area"...jaja. :lol: :lol:

:lol:

It's a brilliant expression.

#11 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted June 22, 2009 - 02:03 AM

CACA o KAKA?

:D

#12 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted July 10, 2009 - 03:50 AM

ufff, desagree and desagree again.

1º:- kaka move to RM for the money and because is the most famous club in the world.

2º.- I quite like Premier but you are wrong. The most offensive league in the world is La Liga with difference.

All scoccer players know that.

Goals
La Liga: 1101.
Calcio: 988.
Premier: 943.

(three leagues with 20 teams)

Last season, possible the best offensive players in the world wasnt in spanish league. Imagine this year with kaka, Cr7 and possible Ibraimovich.

so true, but premier>la liga

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users