• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:17 AM

I'll go ahead and post updates about all the happenings at this year's event.

1:12 The 13 inch notebook also gets the new battery and the SD card slot. (The battery is not replacable, I believe). Can also expand to 8GB, 500 GB storage, backlit keyboard. Firewire 800 slot gets a huge cheer. Also being called a MacBook pro. Starts at $1,199. That’s less expensive than the 13 inch aluminum that it replaces. Up to $1,499 for the top of the line specs. Available today.

1:11 Also new 17 inch with faster processor and $300 lower price. Both shipping today.

1:08 Still talking about the new MacBook. 60 percent brighter screen. Dropped the PCI slot, replaced with SD photo card slot. Up to 3.06 GHz Dual Core. Up to 8 GB memory. Up to 500 GB hard drive or 256 GB solid state. Starts at $1,699 (but not with all those specs). Shows a graphic with the breakdown.

1:05 Scalet and Forestall will follow, but Schiller starts with the Mac. Talks about aluminum unibodies. Insanely thin and light. Customers couldn’t be happier. We don’t want to stop. Showing brand new version of 15 inch MacBook Pro. Unibody. New battery lithium polymer, like 17 inch pro. Up to 7 hours of battery life. 1,000 recharges vs. 300. Five years of life before diminshed battery life — longer than most laptops live.

1:15 $700 price cut on top of the line MacBook Air. These are pretty aggressive price cuts, but they don’t offer anything to compete with $300 netbooks.

Awesome, I may get the lap top Ive been asking my parents for the last three years lol.

Safari 4, he says is the fastest browser ever. Loads Google Maps really fast. Easier to track top sites. Tracks changes in top sites.

Full history search. Cover flow view of browsing history. Slowly building applause. Full spotlight search of even the text in the pages.

Finally Quicktime 10. Rebuilt from ground up. Controls fade in and out. Ability to trim and share video. Video timeline gets ooohs. Share to YouTube, MobileMe or iTunes to playback on iPhone.

1:23 Scalet is going over the refinements. Faster. Less space. Smarter cut and paste.

Here’s news: Shipping Safari 4 today for Tiger, Leopard and Windows (big laugh, applause.) 100% Acid3 standard (whatever that means. IE 8 is 21% standard. Included in Snow Leopard. Crash resistance in Snow Leopard. The No. 1 cause of crashes in OS X are plugin crashes. Now they are isolated.

#2 GEMROC

GEMROC

Independent Queen working for her throne.

• 3,791 posts
  • Name:Cheryle

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:18 AM

:dance1:

I wanna get the new Snow Leopard thing I think they're gonna release too!

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS, boyeee.

Lakers branded | I love life and all its uncertainties. <3 | *TWEET ME:@CheryleLapitan

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:19 AM

:dance1:

I wanna get the new Snow Leopard thing I think they're gonna release too!

1:28 Craig Federighi, a VP who is new to me, takes the stage to demo some cool refinements in how Snow Leoplard handles photos, how Expose helps sort through multiple windows, drag images from one windo to another. (That got a huge applause.)

#4 GEMROC

GEMROC

• 3,791 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:20 AM

:omg: :)

Lakers branded | I love life and all its uncertainties. <3 | *TWEET ME:@CheryleLapitan

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:29 AM

1:46 Scalet. How should we price Snow Leopard. Leopard was $129. Snow Leopard priced at $29. Huge cheers and applause. Family pack for $49. Available this September and a “near final” version available for developers today.

Wow!!!

#6 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:30 AM

Any links?
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#7 GEMROC

GEMROC

• 3,791 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:31 AM

Definitely wow! Loving Apple more and more now.

Btw, Westcoast, what's the link for where you're getting the updates? I wanna tune in tooo!

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:32 AM

Link

There you go. I just keep refreshing the page every 5 minutes or so. They are starting with the iphone stuff right now FYI

#9 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:35 AM

Appreciate it bro...
Posted Image

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:45 AM

1:54 Forstall back after video. Now he talks about iPhone 3.0. This we’ve heard before. 100 new features, starting with cut copy and paste. Works with all apps, built in or downloaded from App Store. Undo gesture; shake and it undoes the last thing you did.

Landscape and landscape keyboard to Mail, Notes and Messages.

Speaking of messages, MMS. Send and receive photos, contacts, audio in real time over the cell network. 29 of carrier partners in 79 countries will launch around the world. AT&T later this summer. Boos!

Search: Search contacts, notes, e-mail, not just messages downloaded to phone, but also the ones back on your mail server. Adding Spotlight — a single location on homescreen to search across phone, including apps.

iTunes: Can rent and purchase movies right from your phone (getting scattered applause because this was announced at the launch of iPhone 3.0.) iTunes U as well (this might be new).

Parental controls: Added control of movies, TV shows and apps.

Tethering: Allows to share iPhone’s Internet connection with computer. Works with PCs. 22 carriers support. AT&T not on the list. Laughter because he skips right over that.

SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark: 3 X faster than iPhone 2.

HTTP 5 streaming audio and video. (Not Adobe Flash)

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:48 AM

Oh my god, I need to seriously invest in an iphone, this is so cool.

2:04 Forestall on finding your iPhone. Runs the scene from 30 Rock when Liz lost her iPhone with nude photos.Laughter.

Find my iPhone available only for Mobile Me customers. Log on and it will show you on a map where your phone is. Cool! You can send message that plays an alert sound, even if you left it in silent mode. (But not if you turned it off.)

And it it’s really lost, you can send it a remote wipe command that will erase all your data. The IP guys are going to love it. And if you find it, you plug it into iTunes and it restores your data.

#12 GEMROC

GEMROC

• 3,791 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:49 AM

Link

There you go. I just keep refreshing the page every 5 minutes or so. They are starting with the iphone stuff right now FYI

Seenk yooo. ^_^

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:51 AM

You're Welcome ;)

#14 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 11:07 AM

Thought I should post this link, I'm using this one now because it updates on his own and you don't need to refresh.

WWDC Updates

#15 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 11:16 AM

that car thing is pretty tight and if you lose your phone, you can send something to wipe all the memory off it by computer.
Posted Image

#16 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 11:29 AM

New version of Iphone!!!

11:51 am The camera application has a switch that lets you swap between still photo and video mode. 30FPS, VGA with audio, auto-focus, auto-white balance, auto-exposure.

11:50 am Developers can take advantage of the camera too. But the best thing is -- it also captures video.

11:50 am Also features tap-to-focus. Tap on the part of the photo you want to focus, and it automatically does so. Automatically handles exposure and white balance. Better low-light sensitivity as well. Also, auto-macro -- as close as 10cm away.

11:49 am Vastly more pictures on Flickr from iPhones than any other phone. Now featuers 3MP auto-focus camera.

11:48 am Also has amazing features -- brand new camera.

11:48 am Supports OpenGL|ES 2.0 -- great for games. Supports 7.2Mbps HSPDA.

11:47 am 2.1x faster to launch Messages, 2.4x to load SimCity, 3.6x faster to load an Excel attachment, 2.9x
faster to load a large website.

11:47 am No front-facing video camera. The insides are entirely new, but the outside appears the same.

11:46 am He's now ready to tell us about a new version of the iPhone -- iPhone 3GS. S stands for speed.

#17 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted June 08, 2009 - 02:58 PM

AT&T Screwing over US iPhone users

There sure were a lot of fun things announced for iPhone 3.0 today! It's too bad US customers won't get to use them for a while thanks to how terrible AT&T is.

Interested in tethering? Available at some point, probably! MMS, something that's been around for literally years? Later this summer, not at launch! This includes sending videos shot by the new iPhone 3GS.

What's the deal with AT&T? How long have they had to prep for this stuff? It's not like its new or fancy technology. It's pretty tough to justify this lag in support for iPhone 3.0 features. Lets get with the program, AT&T.

#18 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 05:19 PM

I need to get Snow Leopard then...

#19 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 07:56 PM

I won't get Snow Leopard until they fix all the bugs and whatnot after it comes out.

I totally got screwed over. I got this Aluminum MacBook two weeks ago and now it's an upgraded MBPro. Wow.

Posted Image

#20 GEMROC

GEMROC

• 3,791 posts

Posted June 09, 2009 - 12:24 PM

Any TLN'ers <3 using the new Safari 4.0? It was a little slow for me at first but I think it's better now. Just gotta get use to everything again. Ahhh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users