22 replies to this topic

#1 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted June 06, 2009 - 11:45 AM

For Kobe on the cover?

I like the Live series much better than 2K but I think I'm going to get 2K10 for Kobe being on the cover.

What about the rest of you?

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#2 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 06, 2009 - 11:51 AM

I can't believe people actually buy that excuse for a basketball game. Live has been terrible since 2001.

#3 Lakers818

Lakers818

Its killa california

• 1,811 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 06, 2009 - 11:53 AM

Live has been terrible since 2005.

fixed

i will get 2k10 not cuz of kobe but im tired of live
Posted Image

#4 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts
  • Fan Since:99-00 Brothers would watch them play and I followed
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza, Kobe Bryant

Posted June 06, 2009 - 01:38 PM

live is fun
idk why ppl hate on it/ put it down

i got 2k also but live has a way better online system as i said before and thats basically what i use it for

if live isnt better or at least as good next year ill go to 2k...hopefully they will get their online spit together
Im still a Trevor Ariza Fan, Thanks For The Championship.

#5 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted June 06, 2009 - 02:08 PM

Live is fun, I'll give you that but 2k9 was just loads better than it.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 02:11 PM

I always played and loved Live. And I was very hesitant to try the 2k series.

The game play for the 2k series is superior to the Live series, its not even close.

If you want a game worth the money, buy 2k10.

#7 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 03:00 PM

Live is fun, I'll give you that but 2k9 was just loads better than it.

yeah 2k is more realistic love the halftime and the player of the game

just overall more realistic

but as i said im into playing online etc. so i stuck with live hardly play 2k now

im ranked 900 something on live so yeah :dance1:

#8 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted June 06, 2009 - 05:55 PM

I have always been a Live fan since 1998. No console thus PC is my only way to go for NBA simulation games. This is a very important reason.

In 07, I have my first console - Xbox360. I still have Live 07 on the pc, thus didn't get for the console just yet. Then I finally have a chance to try out 2K7. Not bad. Played a while on it, and back then there was the...mode that you create a character and play through street ball and eventually I got drafted into the NBA. From then on I joined the Lakers and moved on from there. 2K8 came out, I still stuck to Live 08. Until like April or something, I got 2K8 for a cheaper price. Still it's fine, and I gotta admit, even Live will not give me the kind of difficulty me playing the game. I even re-created my character from 2K7 and put him into the game as that particular game mode is not longer available.

How I play the 2K series? I work myself all the way up to Hall of Fame difficulty. Had to play through over 50 simulation games from the easiest to that mode to get myself into the difficulty. I'm fine with that, makes me able to appreciate the game more. But the controls still got me off, probably due to me more used to using the 2nd analog as a crossover etc. motion. In any case, I still attempt to play that well.

09 comes in. 2K9 I will not be getting it. One dumb reason is the coverboy. LOL....but the REAL REASON is because of Live 09's Dynamic DNA and ever-changing roster/dna updates a day from when the real game has been played. THIS ASPECT is HUGE. And it has been underrated by 2K fans all over. I'm not familliar with 2K9's Live Roster, which seemingly is a counter to Dynamic DNA when it was first announced. I acknowledge the fact that 2K wants to do away with the huge time lapse in between roster updates, but I still feel just the roster updates will not help. The Dynamic DNA aspects doesn't just change the roster, it changes how the cpu players play the game. During my tenure with simulating the next match by playing an exhibition game with the last updated stats, I could feel the difficulty at times.

Anyone that has played Live will know that blowout games are almost always in Live. That has changed in recent times, alot more so for NBA Live 09.

Bottom line, my heart is still true to the NBA Live series. Just for 2K10, I'm getting the game on the first day, needless to say, for Kobe on the cover and the menus. And to see what else has changed from 2K8 to 2K10. I'm a willing adoptee of the 2K series that's for sure, but my loyalty to Live will forever bear a #1 place in my sim game with NBA. Not to mention with inclusion of Dynamic DNA onwards from 09, it be even more hard to not play the Live series. Even if the gameplay isn't up to par with 2K, as if I can still score 200-67 in a full 12min game. -_-

So lastly, I am NOT SWITCHING but just BUYING 2K10 for the cover, as well as trying out 2K10 but I will still get Live 10 and probably switch around. By then, who knows which game I will be playing more? Right now, I'm definitely leaning to Live. DYNAMIC.DNA.BABY.

Hope this sheds some limelight for everyone here. =)

#9 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 08:33 PM

lyke13's post
:worthy: :worthy: :rock: :clap:

#10 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 08:58 PM

Lol, guess the cover star does make a difference. I wonder how many people bought that [expletive] game NBA 07 for PS3.

I think I had Live and 2K from 2005 to 2007...... Live 07 was one of the worst games I've ever played and I have never gone back to it. Been playing 2K9 recently and it's not as good as previous ones, some real stupid dumb [expletive] happens and me and my friends just laugh/hate all the stupid [expletive]. I heard Live 09 was much, much improved from the last few, but haven't gotten to try it. I'ma stick with 2K but I wanna try out the next Live to see how it is.

#11 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 11:16 PM

Lol, guess the cover star does make a difference. I wonder how many people bought that [expletive] game NBA 07 for PS3.

I think I had Live and 2K from 2005 to 2007...... Live 07 was one of the worst games I've ever played and I have never gone back to it. Been playing 2K9 recently and it's not as good as previous ones, some real stupid dumb [expletive] happens and me and my friends just laugh/hate all the stupid [expletive]. I heard Live 09 was much, much improved from the last few, but haven't gotten to try it. I'ma stick with 2K but I wanna try out the next Live to see how it is.

much improved

i hated live in the past because when you would dunk and you would dunk on somebody every time....they shoulda bring that back but only elite players KB, Dwight, James, Marion, Tmac etc. that only dunk occasionally on people

#12 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted June 06, 2009 - 11:24 PM

In basic terminology; 2k>Live.

#13 lyk13

lyk13

• 4,722 posts

Posted June 07, 2009 - 12:29 AM

Actually I wanna say this. 2K10's sales will be boosted by Kobe being on the cover. At least by 1 copy from me. :lol:

I actually forgot about Live 07 or 08, I just play em through as I could import all the legends into current rosters and play em as they are in the regular season. Unfortunately that isn't available on the console versions.

Dogg: Get NBA Live 10 so that you get the full worth of the NBA Live 365 subscription. No use getting it now since season is about to end...but DNA updates are still available. You can also try the previous scenario games if you can find a cheap cheap copy of NBA Live 09.

Just dun get a 2nd hand copy as their subscription code has been used.

#14 Rubynator

Rubynator

Best closer in the game

• 2,608 posts
  • Fan Since:5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic,West,Bynum

Posted June 07, 2009 - 11:54 PM

I'm sticking to 2K. I quit buying live since I played 07.
QUOTE "I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber." - Kobe Bryant

Posted Image

what Chick Hearn was to the "ear" of the fans, I want to be to the "eye" of the fans

-LD2K aka Chris

#15 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,394 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 08, 2009 - 06:31 PM

Have not dug live since it made its way from Sega Genesis to the Playstation... 2K has always been my choice.. Until Live looks like the Madden Crew put hands on it, I can't do it...
Posted Image

#16 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 15, 2009 - 09:03 PM

The last Live I liked was '97, true story.

Edited by insert coin here, June 15, 2009 - 09:03 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#17 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,351 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 16, 2009 - 09:16 PM

Been playing 2K since the Dreamy NBA Live stinks

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#18 Dr.PhilUpOnU

Dr.PhilUpOnU

Starter

• 4,284 posts
  • Name:Dale
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 Trevor Ariza

Posted June 16, 2009 - 09:19 PM

In basic terminology; 2k>Live.

Lat time I've played Live was 03... after that played with ESPN and pretty much 2K onwards...

2K>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>live

Posted Image

#19 lyk13

lyk13

• 4,722 posts

Posted June 16, 2009 - 09:57 PM

With all respects to 2K. Think of the ppl that do not own a console and only has a PC. Will they still be 2K > Live? That is me. I go Live > 2K because Live played such a huge part in me and my NBA simulation games from 98 on the PC.

One can go why don't I get a console? Not as privileged as most others.

Dun even try 2K9 on PC. That's irrelevant to say the least.

#20 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted June 17, 2009 - 09:05 PM

I think live fans will switch over to 2k in due time... :yes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users