6/7 Orlando Magic vs. Los Angeles Lakers (Game 2)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1085 replies to this topic

#1081 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 08, 2009 - 09:26 AM

Yeh, we still managed a win. The key thing here is to not make these mistakes again.

No doubt.

Lewis is a really good player. But the key with him is to keep him off the three point line. I'll live with him driving the lane and shooter mid range jumpers or driving layups. But he cannot be allowed to shoot three's at that consistent pace.

#1082 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 08, 2009 - 09:39 AM

This is why I said after the first game that Orlando simply missed some shots. Sure, our defense was solid but there were times in game one in which Orlando simply missed some good looks. As you could see in game two, they got some good looks again...only this time...they knocked them down. We have to maintain defensive intensity. We had a chance to furthur destroy Orlando's resolve but instead we gave a little hope...a little belief that they can get their shots off now. Going into Orlando...thats not a good thing.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1083 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 09:50 AM

This is why I said after the first game that Orlando simply missed some shots. Sure, our defense was solid but there were times in game one in which Orlando simply missed some good looks. As you could see in game two, they got some good looks again...only this time...they knocked them down. We have to maintain defensive intensity. We had a chance to furthur destroy Orlando's resolve but instead we gave a little hope...a little belief that they can get their shots off now. Going into Orlando...thats not a good thing.

At the same time, regardless of how "confident" they are, they KNOW they had a chance to even the series and they BLEW IT.

I know the Magic have great resilience and all that jazz, but none of these players have been in a Finals, and they haven't been down 2-0 in a series this playoffs.

Giving them little hope only does so much. Lewis and Turkuglu have been the only ones to show us they can score on us. Howard had 17 points, with seven of those being seven free throws.

Other guys that were crucial in the Cavs series, Alston (which Stan Van Gundy screwed with this guys confidence and its showing), Pietrus, and Lee are giving them nothing.

In the finals, the Magic need a team effort to win. In game two they made 10 threes, they out rebounded us, had more assists, and they still lost.

I'm not expecting the Magic to lay down and die because they are a very good team. But game 2 really lowered their confidence in my opinion.

#1084 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:18 AM

At the same time, regardless of how "confident" they are, they KNOW they had a chance to even the series and they BLEW IT.

I know the Magic have great resilience and all that jazz, but none of these players have been in a Finals, and they haven't been down 2-0 in a series this playoffs.

Giving them little hope only does so much. Lewis and Turkuglu have been the only ones to show us they can score on us. Howard had 17 points, with seven of those being seven free throws.

Other guys that were crucial in the Cavs series, Alston (which Stan Van Gundy screwed with this guys confidence and its showing), Pietrus, and Lee are giving them nothing.

In the finals, the Magic need a team effort to win. In game two they made 10 threes, they out rebounded us, had more assists, and they still lost.

I'm not expecting the Magic to lay down and die because they are a very good team. But game 2 really lowered their confidence in my opinion.

All thats prolly true...but I don't think its lowered their confidence that much. If anything, Hedo and Rashard have gotten the confidence in their shot back. They're going home for three games...thats a confidence booster in and of itself. This team is not going to lay down; we have to go out there and get it. Forget the refs...who's going to rebound...who's going to defend...thats what this is about. Is our bench going to show up in Orlando? Outside of LO, they really haven't done anything.

Edited by Windu, June 08, 2009 - 10:19 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1085 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:22 AM

All thats prolly true...but I don't think its lowered their confidence that much. If anything, Hedo and Rashard have gotten the confidence in their shot back. They're going home for three games...thats a confidence booster in and of itself. This team is not going to lay down; we have to go out there and get it. Forget the refs...who's going to rebound...who's going to defend...thats what this is about. Is our bench going to show up in Orlando? Outside of LO, they really haven't done anything.

Hedo looked pretty dejected walking off the court.

But the job's not done yet. We need to take 1 in Orlando. That's the bottom line. If we happen to clinch the title of there then great. But we can't lose all three, and I expect us not to lose all three. We'll be good to go. Ever since that game 6 in Denver, the team has played very well. So they'll be ready.

#1086 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted June 08, 2009 - 05:52 PM

Game 2 is technically what we SHOULD see in Game 1. So forget about Game 1, and probably Game 2 now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users