• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#161 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted November 16, 2009 - 03:16 PM

Cotto never returned to his form since the Margarito fight, Margarito [expletive]ed up his career. But on the other hand, Manny's just too good of a fighter. I've been debating with some americans about Manny-Mayweather fight. Some of them needs to take boxing 101. They blatantly pointed out that Marquez beat Manny while Mayweather beat Marquez meaning Mayweather would demolish Manny. but i doubt that [expletive]. An overweight Mayweather may beat Marquez on a mismatch, but no way in hell he's going to beat Manny. Manny's quickness and power is too much for him to handle. Mayweather's defense is phenomenal but i doubt that he has fought someone as quick as Manny.

Cotto needs a great trainer like Roach to utilize the talent he has. They devised a game plan on how to hit Manny but not to defend him. But let's face it, Manny's quickness is simply unguardable

#162 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted November 16, 2009 - 03:19 PM

Are you serious? He was trying to [expletive]ing survive! you want him to sit there and take a bigger beating than he was already receiving?

I think you watch too many mexican fighters

This.

#163 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted November 16, 2009 - 03:25 PM

This.

:laughing:

Atleast he didn't take a knee this time :laughing:

#164 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted November 16, 2009 - 03:30 PM

Posted Image

alot of them are saying manny's just a brawler, wtf? he may look like one, but damn. he's good with angles. WTF's wrong with them

Posted Image

LMFAO :laughing:

#165 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted November 16, 2009 - 08:02 PM

^ ROFL!!! +1

#166 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted November 16, 2009 - 11:19 PM

What a cocky son of a :censored::censored:. This fight HAS to happen. The arrogance of this guy...

#167 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,382 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted November 17, 2009 - 09:27 AM

^ Arrogant but all true.

I think Cotto got past the Margarito fight but we can all see he doesn't fight the same. He once had a devastating body attack that was no where to be seen on Saturday night. I'm thinking the new trainer has to sholder some of the blame. Cotto stayed in the fight against the best fighter in the world & didn't quit. Sure he ran, guess that was the only way to get passed Mannys speed.

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, November 17, 2009 - 09:32 AM.

veqdeg.jpg

#168 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,578 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted November 17, 2009 - 02:01 PM

^ Arrogant but all true.

I think Cotto got past the Margarito fight but we can all see he doesn't fight the same. He once had a devastating body attack that was no where to be seen on Saturday night. I'm thinking the new trainer has to sholder some of the blame. Cotto stayed in the fight against the best fighter in the world & didn't quit. Sure he ran, guess that was the only way to get passed Mannys speed.

The body shots were there when Manny was against the ropes in the early rounds. Manny just took them like it didn't hurt him. But he admitted that the body shots really hurt. Seeing Manny's speed though was unbelievable. How can you defend against an 11-punch combination such as this:
Posted Image
I think PBF would go down easily if just two of those punches connected. But damn, Cotto took a lot of those combinations and was STILL standing. Cotto is not a washed up fighter.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#169 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,382 posts

Posted November 17, 2009 - 03:27 PM

^ Him not being washed up was the whole point of my post. Like you said, he only used his body shots in the early rounds. I'd be gassed by just throwing that many power punches. :laughing:
Both Manny & PBF have speed but Pacmans come with power & from various angles.
Just cause Manny didn't say Floyds name doesn't mean he's afraid. Floyds buying into that too much.

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, November 17, 2009 - 03:29 PM.

veqdeg.jpg

#170 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted November 17, 2009 - 04:13 PM

as i've said before, 3 possible reasons why Cotto lost Manny

1. Manny's too good
2. He has never returned to his true form since that dumb [expletive] Margarito [expletive]ed up his boxing career. [expletive]ing cheater.(watch Clottey fight)
3. His trainer focused so much on connecting punches against Manny that they forgot how to defend Manny. But let's face it, Manny's quick handspeed is almost unguardable

#171 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 17, 2009 - 04:41 PM

the fight was fun to watch. it had its moments. and i won the pool! i had round 12. $120!

#172 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted November 17, 2009 - 05:05 PM

Man, I was at the fight and watched it live and it was f'n awesome! The atmosphere and what Manny did to Cotto was just unbelievable. By the end of the fight we were bored and booing cuz Cotto kept running and Manny definitely stopped in the middle of the ring cuz he was so daym tired of chasing him (for three rounds). Can't blame the guy i guess though cuz, Cotto's shorts were supposed to white and they were actually blood RED. Ref should've stopped the fight in the 9th cuz Manny was getting so many combinations on Cotto it was ridiculous.

... and about PBF, that guy is a dum@$$. jus cuz Manny doesn't flaunt $hit like he does he's trying to put down Manny. After seeing that fight, I'm sure many people who previously said PBF would beat Manny would change their minds cuz Manny is out of his mind good. Just cause Manny kept answering the question by saying 'talk to my promoter' it means Manny is scared of him?? seriously?! so if someone is in the wrong place at the wrong time and they say 'talk to my lawyer' it means they're guilty? gimme a break. PBF is just full of excuses. this fight NEEDS to happen.

#173 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted November 17, 2009 - 05:27 PM

Mayweather's making a big fuss about it, don't get it. It's him who in the first place dodged Manny and Cotto. not credible enough.

Manny earned me mooollaaahh

#174 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 17, 2009 - 06:18 PM

i thought the fight was going to be stopped in like the 9th or 1oth round too. cotto was getting F'd up, but on the other hand i wanted it to at least get to the 12th so i could win the pool. remember the look on cottos wifes face when he was getting rocked, she was holding their kid and like covered his face so he wouldn't see. that was brutal..

i want to see a mayweather-pacquiao fight too. that's the next big fight.

Manny earned me mooollaaahh

#175 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted November 18, 2009 - 10:00 AM

Cotto never returned to his form since the Margarito fight, Margarito [expletive]ed up his career. But on the other hand, Manny's just too good of a fighter. I've been debating with some americans about Manny-Mayweather fight. Some of them needs to take boxing 101. They blatantly pointed out that Marquez beat Manny while Mayweather beat Marquez meaning Mayweather would demolish Manny. but i doubt that [expletive]. An overweight Mayweather may beat Marquez on a mismatch, but no way in hell he's going to beat Manny. Manny's quickness and power is too much for him to handle. Mayweather's defense is phenomenal but i doubt that he has fought someone as quick as Manny.

Cotto needs a great trainer like Roach to utilize the talent he has. They devised a game plan on how to hit Manny but not to defend him. But let's face it, Manny's quickness is simply unguardable

Don't debate with Flomos its useless lol :laughing:

and the Triangle theory dont work in boxing.

#176 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted November 18, 2009 - 11:43 AM

Damn, it appears that mostly everyone on TLN dislikes PBF. :laughing: If he were to fight Manny, I already know who most would chose to win.

Posted Image

#177 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted November 18, 2009 - 11:46 AM

Damn, it appears that mostly everyone on TLN dislikes PBF.

Not Nissan. He's the biggest PBF fan on here by far. By the way, why do they call him pretty boy?

#178 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,382 posts

Posted November 18, 2009 - 01:33 PM

Not Nissan. He's the biggest PBF fan on here by far. By the way, why do they call him pretty boy?

He's the one who started calling himself that.

veqdeg.jpg

#179 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted November 18, 2009 - 02:53 PM

#180 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,578 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted November 21, 2009 - 04:11 AM

+1. I haven't seen Antoinette in a long time! Damn she used to be my dream girl like around 13 years ago when I was just a teenager.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users