#1 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted June 03, 2009 - 07:17 PM

Check http://mannypacquiao.ph for updates

Edited by daco_inc, September 25, 2009 - 12:05 PM.

#2 GEMROC

GEMROC

Independent Queen working for her throne.

• 3,791 posts
  • Name:Cheryle

Posted June 03, 2009 - 08:11 PM

Whoa whoa whoa... :)

[Edit] The link is broken.

*If this fight is seriously gonna go down on Oct. 17th, it'll be a day before my birthday. Yey! Hahaha :blush:

[Edit #2] NVM, link isn't broken. For some reason it wasn't loading for me earlier.

Edited by GEMROCC, June 04, 2009 - 03:18 AM.

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS, boyeee.

Lakers branded | I love life and all its uncertainties. <3 | *TWEET ME:@CheryleLapitan

#3 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted June 03, 2009 - 09:03 PM

Manny is the favorite and has the advantage in this fight. Let's hope Roach doesn't ask for a 142 catchweight, 147 is fair.

Props to Manny for having heart and accepting the fight. I'll believe it when the signatures are on papers.

#4 xplayforrealx

xplayforrealx

Rookie

• 350 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant and Sasha Vujacic

Posted June 03, 2009 - 09:21 PM

GOD Manny does not back down from any fight! I think Manny is like a Robot under control by Roach lol. Roach picks the fight he fights.
Mike Breen: Walton can tip it. Bryant with the save.
Hubie Brown: Oh you gotta get a shot here
Mike Breen: Final Seconds.. Bryant for the win, BANG!

Your signature violates forum guidelines.

#5 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,228 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted June 03, 2009 - 09:32 PM

#6 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 08:39 AM

Press reports circulating late yesterday indicated that Manny Pacquiao had agreed to fight Shane Mosley on October 17. It seems those reports were severely premature.

In a release sent to us here at Doghouse Boxing, Manny Pacquiao set the record straight. Stating he finds it humorous that he is the last to know about such a fight, Pacquiao stated: "It’s funny that I am the last man to know about this supposed fight."

Pacquiao who is the target of many fighters out there, has not heard anything in regards to a fight with Mosley from his Promoter, and that includes and documents or details. "I know everyone wants to fight me and I have said I will fight anyone, including Mosley. But I have not heard from my promoter or have seen any contract or fight detail," said Pacquiao, adding: "So, there is no fight yet."

Sounds like Mosley's camp is the side really pushing for the fight. Manny says he pretty much doesn't care who he fights, but it's all up to his promoter, Top Rank, to negotiate his next fight. I think Arum said Pac's next fight will be decided after the Clottey-Cotto match.

#7 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,336 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted June 05, 2009 - 09:03 AM

There's no point in Manny fighting Shane, there not on the same level. I'd perfer he take some time off & wait for Mayweather.

veqdeg.jpg

#8 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted June 05, 2009 - 08:14 PM

There's no point in Manny fighting Shane, there not on the same level. I'd perfer he take some time off & wait for Mayweather.

mayweather will prob never happen, because he would never agree to a 40/60 split in purse.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#9 GEMROC

GEMROC

• 3,791 posts

Posted June 05, 2009 - 08:19 PM

I just wanna see Manny fight again this year; don't care who. Okay, that's a lie. But just get something done! :boxing:

Edited by GEMROCC, June 05, 2009 - 08:34 PM.

Lakers branded | I love life and all its uncertainties. <3 | *TWEET ME:@CheryleLapitan

#10 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted June 05, 2009 - 08:25 PM

Pacquiao Denies That He Ever Agreed To Fight Mosley
The world’s No.1 pound-for-pound fighter Manny Pacquiao has denied a story emanating from the publicity group that handles Shane Mosley that he had agreed to fight the reigning WBA welterweight champion on October 17.

The press release from the Entertainers and Athletes Group (AEG) which is associated with Mosley drew a caustic response from Pacquiao who said “It’s funny that I am the last man to know about this supposed fight. I know everyone wants to fight me and I have said I will fight anyone, including Mosley. But I have not heard from my promoter or have seen any contract or fight detail. So, there is no fight yet..”.

http://www.boxingsce...m=show&id=20252

#11 GEMROC

GEMROC

• 3,791 posts

Posted June 10, 2009 - 07:29 PM

So it's not gonna go down. :( Ugh

#12 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted June 16, 2009 - 06:20 PM

Pacquiao Cotto..

#13 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted June 16, 2009 - 08:41 PM

Pacquiao/Cotto would be more exciting in my opinon.

#14 GEMROC

GEMROC

• 3,791 posts

Posted June 16, 2009 - 09:20 PM

Cotto/Mosley whoever. Just as long as there's a fight again this year. It's exciting watching Manny. Haha, and like hearing his post interviews...

#15 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted June 16, 2009 - 10:45 PM

^ Umm.. not sure if any of you two know or anyone else here, but it's already confirmed. I said Cotto Pacquiao for a reason. It was announced today that THEY'RE going to fight, not Mosley anymore..

#16 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted June 21, 2009 - 10:23 AM

^ Umm.. not sure if any of you two know or anyone else here, but it's already confirmed. I said Cotto Pacquiao for a reason. It was announced today that THEY'RE going to fight, not Mosley anymore..

It's not confirmed yet... Nothing has been signed. They're still fighting over what weight it should take place in, roach wants cotto to come down to 143 but the cotto camp wants it at atleast 145.
Hopefully they get it all settled soon though.

#17 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,726 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted June 28, 2009 - 12:35 AM

the way Cotto fought his last bout, there are so many openings, he's too slow for manny..

but Cotto can knock the living [expletive] out of Manny
Manny can make Cotto fast by serving him quick punches

#18 xplayforrealx

xplayforrealx

Rookie

• 350 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant and Sasha Vujacic

Posted June 28, 2009 - 06:18 PM

He should really wait for the winner of the mayweather and marquez fight, even though if it would be a 50/50 split he would get more money and recognition for fighting mayweather (if he wins).
Mike Breen: Walton can tip it. Bryant with the save.
Hubie Brown: Oh you gotta get a shot here
Mike Breen: Final Seconds.. Bryant for the win, BANG!

Your signature violates forum guidelines.

#19 Guest_Rico Suave_*

Guest_Rico Suave_*

Posted June 28, 2009 - 07:43 PM

This will be an easy fight, not as easy as Hatton was, but still easy nonetheless. Manny should destroy him and I actually like Cotto a bit by the way. Margorito destroyed Cotto. Margorito was then destroyed by Mosley. Cotto beat Mosley. Cotto arguably should've lost his last fight and was severely damaged. Pacman's got this.

#20 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted June 30, 2009 - 11:13 PM

He should really wait for the winner of the mayweather and marquez fight, even though if it would be a 50/50 split he would get more money and recognition for fighting mayweather (if he wins).

Didn't Mayweather's fight get postponed 'til september or october? Have that winner wait for the winner of Pacquiao's fight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users