Photo

Front office is playing dangerous game!!!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 JaCkFrOsT305

JaCkFrOsT305

Rookie

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 10:28 PM

I think our organization is making a terrible mistake by not adding 1 or 2 players to our roster. The psychological effect of the finals will rear its ugly head once the Lakers face the same situation or extreme adversity. That is why I think the Artest trade must happen. and bringing back Kwame is not the answer as he is mentally weak himself.
Remember Dallas?? They never recovered from that loss to the Miami Heat and the Warriors only re-opened that wound. Dirk Nowitzky withered, and if kobe dont watch out he might end up like him. I never once saw Kobe standing for a teammate in the Playoffs when they were getting punked by Boston, instead i saw Kobe chattin up to Garnett while Gasol was laying on the ground near the foul line. Nobody knows what happened to KB in this finals because that wasn't the Kobe we all know.
The Mavs too stood pat that summer only to implode in the first round. Beware Lakers cause it might happen to us.

Please read the Forum Guidelines for the appropriate size for a signature. Thank you. :)
- Nuggs

comin' to a neighborhood near you!!!

#2 sega

sega

Rookie

• 242 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Tyronn Lue

Posted July 24, 2008 - 10:29 PM

AT LEAST GET VUJACIC!!!

#3 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted July 24, 2008 - 10:31 PM

Were not blind frost

#4 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,346 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 24, 2008 - 10:34 PM

Please use regular font size next time. :angry:

Posted Image

#5 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 10:55 PM

Yea let's keep the default font next time.

I don't agree that we could become like the Mavs. That will not happen, and Kobe is no Dirk. With that being said, it was indeed a different Kobe we saw in this Finals... when comparing to the MVP Kobe this year. When comparing to the Kobes of Finals past, this one is on par with them. Which was very disappointing. I really hope we all step it up, and no need to panic about the players yet, the offseason just started. Let's see how this all goes for us.

#6 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher

Posted July 25, 2008 - 11:23 AM

First of all, are you legally blind? If not, don't ever use that font again. Second, how is adding a cancer to a team helping the team "mentally"? You say all this stuff that could happen, and that's what would happen if you had a cancer on your team. Yet you want to avoid all that by adding a cancer and trading one of the best players on the team. Third, which Lakers player are you? Do you work in the organization? Who are you speaking to when you say "BEWARE LAKERS, it might happen to US". Last I checked no one on here was a Laker.

#7 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 11:34 AM

Third, which Lakers player are you? Do you work in the organization? Who are you speaking to when you say "BEWARE LAKERS, it might happen to US". Last I checked no one on here was a Laker.

Whoa now you're going too far. I love the Lakers and will always be loyal to them. I feel as if they are a part of me. I am a Laker for life. This past year, the Lakers did not lose the title, we lost the title.

Don't hate on that

#8 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 11:39 AM

Whoa now you're going too far. I love the Lakers and will always be loyal to them. I feel as if they are a part of me. I am a Laker for life. This past year, the Lakers did not lose the title, we lost the title.

Don't hate on that

You might feel that way, but you arn't. What did you do to put the team together or play defense or score points? I like using microsoft. Does that mean I am a microsoft employee? You may like the Lakers, but you are not a Laker. Unless you actually do something to accomplish what they do, you are not a Laker. You are a Lakers fan.

#9 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 11:40 AM

You might feel that way, but you arn't. What did you do to put the team together or play defense or score points? I like using microsoft. Does that mean I am a microsoft employee? You may like the Lakers, but you are not a Laker. Unless you actually do something to accomplish what they do, you are not a Laker. You are a Lakers fan.

I hate you! :hi:

D-Fish is already back change your name and av!!!!

Hmph :rock:

#10 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,812 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 25, 2008 - 11:46 AM

First of all, are you legally blind? If not, don't ever use that font again. Second, how is adding a cancer to a team helping the team "mentally"? You say all this stuff that could happen, and that's what would happen if you had a cancer on your team. Yet you want to avoid all that by adding a cancer and trading one of the best players on the team. Third, which Lakers player are you? Do you work in the organization? Who are you speaking to when you say "BEWARE LAKERS, it might happen to US". Last I checked no one on here was a Laker.

I'm sorry, but trading Lamar Odom is necessary if the Lakers want to win the title next season. How is Lamar going to handle the other quicker SF's in the league (like LeBron, Melo, Pubeface, etc.). He doesn't have much of a perimeter game, an erratic jumpshot, and low basketball IQ (contrary to most fans' speculations).

If he did have a "high" basketball IQ, then in the last couple of seasons he would have dominated the PF position. He's faster than the PF's and bigger than the SF's...blah blah blah. When has he ever used his talents for the good of the Lakers? He's a walking mismatch against every other PF, but he never exploited the mismatch. He could have been a 20-12 guy the last few seasons, but, due to not having the brainpower to realize his mismatches, he's been a 15-12 guy (on a good night).

Lamar Odom has the tools to be the second best player in the league, behind Kobe, but he doesn't use them.

That's why we need a player who can really play the SF position and play defense. Currently, Ron Artest fits that bill, but that's not to say that there aren't other players.

If the Lakers make any moves over the off-season, it's to win a championship. If they get rid of LO, I'm all for it. If they don't, well, they can still rely on Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, and Kobe Bryant. Not a Lamar Odom who fails to exploit mismatches night in and night out.

(A few mismatches he's had this season include: Kendrick Perkins in the Finals, Fabricio Oberto in the WCF, In Utah I guess it was even, In Denver he had someone he could have exploited for sure. Also, look at the other 29 teams the Lakers play during the season. How many times during the year did LO explode and use his skills against the other PFs? Almost never.)

LO, time to go.

#11 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,812 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 11:47 AM

Why hate on a fellow fan?

#12 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 11:48 AM

I'm sorry, but trading Lamar Odom is necessary if the Lakers want to win the title next season. How is Lamar going to handle the other quicker SF's in the league (like LeBron, Melo, Pubeface, etc.). He doesn't have much of a perimeter game, an erratic jumpshot, and low basketball IQ (contrary to most fans' speculations).

If he did have a "high" basketball IQ, then in the last couple of seasons he would have dominated the PF position. He's faster than the PF's and bigger than the SF's...blah blah blah. When has he ever used his talents for the good of the Lakers? He's a walking mismatch against every other PF, but he never exploited the mismatch. He could have been a 20-12 guy the last few seasons, but, due to not having the brainpower to realize his mismatches, he's been a 15-12 guy (on a good night).

Lamar Odom has the tools to be the second best player in the league, behind Kobe, but he doesn't use them.

That's why we need a player who can really play the SF position and play defense. Currently, Ron Artest fits that bill, but that's not to say that there aren't other players.

If the Lakers make any moves over the off-season, it's to win a championship. If they get rid of LO, I'm all for it. If they don't, well, they can still rely on Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, and Kobe Bryant. Not a Lamar Odom who fails to exploit mismatches night in and night out.

(A few mismatches he's had this season include: Kendrick Perkins in the Finals, Fabricio Oberto in the WCF, In Utah I guess it was even, In Denver he had someone he could have exploited for sure. Also, look at the other 29 teams the Lakers play during the season. How many times during the year did LO explode and use his skills against the other PFs? Almost never.)

LO, time to go.

I was skimming your post and when I saw this I stopped reading. That right there is why I won't even give you the respect of reading your post. It would be a complete waste of time.

#13 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,812 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 11:50 AM

And you disagree that a player with the tools at his disposal to be a Magic Johnson-esque player is not good enough to be one of the top players in the league?

I suppose second best is an exxageration, but surely one of the top in the league?

#14 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 11:52 AM

Why hate on a fellow fan?

The truth is hating. Is saying the Lakers sucked in the finals hating? Fans are not Lakers. They are fans of the Lakers. That's why there is a word for a fan. Being a Lakers Fan and being a Laker are 2 different things.

Why don't I change my name? Because that's the name I came on here with and thats the name people know me by. I came on here when Fisher was still a member of the Utah Jazz, and there was no discussion about being released. Then it all came together and somehow it worked that he came back. So it worked, and I have no reason to change it. People wouldn't recognize me like they do now.

#15 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,495 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000

Posted July 25, 2008 - 11:55 AM

First of all why that big font and we are not stupid we know all this. Second is that we are not Dallas and we wont lose to in 1st round becuz Kobe is not Dirk and Lakers are not Dallas . Ok thats all i have to say.
Posted Image

#16 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 11:58 AM

And you disagree that a player with the tools at his disposal to be a Magic Johnson-esque player is not good enough to be one of the top players in the league?

I suppose second best is an exxageration, but surely one of the top in the league?

Magic Johnson is one of the best to every play the game. A LOT goes into that. You have to be the perfect combo. In this case, you have to be tall enough to play center, have enough quickness to play point, have an extremely high basketball IQ, be able to find the open man without looking, be able to score, have an outstanding supporting cast, and be a team that runs a lot. Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Scott, etc. Odom pretty much has had 1 great player next to him. His team doesn't run that much so he doesn't have the oppertunity to create. So much of what Magic did was on the break. He isn't a great scorer, and doesn't have an extremely high basketball IQ. There's a reason there is only one Magic. The amount of things that have to be perfect to be as good as Magic Johnson is nearly impossible.

#17 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 11:59 AM

First of all why that big font and we are not stupid we know all this. Second is that we are not Dallas and we wont lose to in 1st round becuz Kobe is not Dirk and Lakers are not Dallas . Ok thats all i have to say.

Well put :rock:

#18 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 25, 2008 - 12:05 PM

Chill out.

When someone says "us" and "we" when referring to the Lakers, it doesn't have to be that big of a deal. I do it all the time. The team, the organization, the franchise, it includes the fans. Without fans, you don't have any of that, and vice-versa.

JackFrost, I changed the font size to normal. Please keep it that way most of the time, especially for the first posts in topics that you create.

No need to be rude, guys.

#19 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,812 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 12:07 PM

Magic Johnson is one of the best to every play the game. A LOT goes into that. You have to be the perfect combo. In this case, you have to be tall enough to play center, have enough quickness to play point, have an extremely high basketball IQ, be able to find the open man without looking, be able to score, have an outstanding supporting cast, and be a team that runs a lot. Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Scott, etc. Odom pretty much has had 1 great player next to him. His team doesn't run that much so he doesn't have the oppertunity to create. So much of what Magic did was on the break. He isn't a great scorer, and doesn't have an extremely high basketball IQ. There's a reason there is only one Magic. The amount of things that have to be perfect to be as good as Magic Johnson is nearly impossible.

Of course there's never going to be another Magic Johnson, but if you have the height, speed, and skill that Lamar Odom possesses, he should use it a few more times during a game. I wasn't implying that he should be the type of playmaker Johnson was (sorry for the confusion), but with his arsenal, he should exploit the opposing players weaknesses more often. The problem is, he hasn't that in his time here in Los Angeles, which is why numerous fans are disappointed in him.

#20 Black Sheep

Black Sheep

God

• 3,749 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 25, 2008 - 01:39 PM

WE are playing a dangerous game

but resign sasha and kwame and the Lakers will be ready

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users