It's been a bittersweet playoffs for Odom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted June 01, 2009 - 01:09 PM

In an essay titled "Lamar Odom, Sweet Tooth and Erratic Play," Dr. Daniel Amen writes that Odom's massive consumption of candy leads to a sugar high and then a crash, evidence of which can be seen on the basketball court.

This is bad news for the Lakers. I've been telling my patients for years that sugar acts like a drug in the brain. It causes blood sugar levels to spike and then crash, leaving you feeling tired, irritable, foggy and stupid. Eating too much sugar impairs cognitive function, which may explain why Odom doesn't always make the smartest decisions on the court. . . .

As a fan and a physician, it concerns me that our professional sports organizations and players are not more concerned about brain health, which includes nutrition. My advice to Odom and to all sugar addicts is to get your sugar consumption under control. You'll feel so much better and your brain will function better too. And, maybe the Lakers can get their 15th championship and Odom can get his first.

LATimes

#2 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 01:39 PM

said that since the interview came out

if he ate better his play would probably improve a lot more
Posted Image

#3 rissa missa

rissa missa

i <3 Kobe

• 938 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 01:49 PM

LO was on the "John Ireland and Steve Mason Show" today. he said that he had candy for breakfast Game 6 of the WCF and he had a double-double. the doctor was on the same show earlier and LO just laughed it off. he said that from now on every time he makes a basket, he will say "AMEN!". :lol:

#4 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,382 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted June 01, 2009 - 01:51 PM

Come to think of it, doesn't it look like he could/should be in better shape after all the years he's put in?

veqdeg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users