• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 OrangeZack

OrangeZack

DR OCTOGONAPUS BLAHHHH!

• 582 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 01, 2009 - 08:58 PM

Eric Gordan is a fallout stud. He's got skills.

Posted Image
ONE MORE COOKIE!

#22 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 08:58 PM

Clippers trading Gordon is like the Bulls trading Rose

Now you can't be serious.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#23 OrangeZack

OrangeZack

DR OCTOGONAPUS BLAHHHH!

• 582 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:01 PM

Now you can't be serious.

How can I not be? 5 30 point games and a 41 point game? Not to mention he has only scored in single digits once when he starts
Posted Image
ONE MORE COOKIE!

#24 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:03 PM

How can I not be? 5 30 point games and a 41 point game? Not to mention he has only scored in single digits once when he starts

I think Rose is a step above Gordon. Tell you what we will never solve this for another 2 and a half years probably. After that time we will see who is probably going to turn out to be the better player. Since Holiday as point guard skills in a 6'4 body and plays mad D I pick him. I may be wrong but we won't know for awhile.

Edited by ab4sure, June 01, 2009 - 09:04 PM.

[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

PHIL JACKSON

#25 OrangeZack

OrangeZack

DR OCTOGONAPUS BLAHHHH!

• 582 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:08 PM

Gordon (1 and done stats) Indiana - 20.9 PPG

Holiday (1 and done stats) UCLA - 8.5

Do the Math
Posted Image
ONE MORE COOKIE!

#26 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:18 PM

Gordon (1 and done stats) Indiana - 20.9 PPG

Holiday (1 and done stats) UCLA - 8.5

Do the Math

MR. UCLA ticket holder. Who gives a big deal if you are a ticket holder or not? That stat line means little in the pros and you can't project out on a stat line. We will see dr... First of all Gordon got a ton of shots and didn't play behind a guy named Collison. So leave the stat line out because it has no basis when projecting a player long term especially freshmen players. How did Ariza do with his points?... 10 or so... you can't project Freshman based on stats...

Edited by ab4sure, June 01, 2009 - 09:26 PM.

PHIL JACKSON

#27 OrangeZack

OrangeZack

DR OCTOGONAPUS BLAHHHH!

• 582 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:32 PM

MR. UCLA ticket holder. Who gives a big deal if you are a ticket holder or not? That stat line means little in the pros and you can't project out on a stat line. We will see dr... First of all Gordon got a ton of shots and didn't play behind a guy named Collison. So leave the stat line out because it has no basis when projecting a player long term especially freshmen players. How did Ariza do with his points?... 10 or so... you can't project Freshman based on stats...

I said ticketholder as another word for big fan of .. num nuts ... any ways Holiday started and should of made a lot of the shots he took. He seemed to really only show up one time of the year vs USC. He is the kind of guy that doesn't put 100% into every game. In the NBA, they call that a bust ...
Posted Image
ONE MORE COOKIE!

#28 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:37 PM

I said ticketholder as another word for big fan of .. num nuts ... any ways Holiday started and should of made a lot of the shots he took. He seemed to really only show up one time of the year vs USC. He is the kind of guy that doesn't put 100% into every game. In the NBA, they call that a bust ...

So he should play for the Lakers?

:lol:

#29 OrangeZack

OrangeZack

DR OCTOGONAPUS BLAHHHH!

• 582 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:39 PM

So he should play for the Lakers?

Posted Image
ONE MORE COOKIE!

#30 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:42 PM

OK ticket holder keep your nuts to yourself. Glad you scouted him and like I said one stat line doesn't prove yours or my point. You have to project players in the nba. Successful college players don't always pan out. Gordon will be a good 2 guard but kind of small at that position but Holiday is a 1-2 and sees the court well and is also a great defender. We will see like i told you before. I don't need math to scout a player. I have seen Holiday and he gives 100%. You have him pegged wrong. I wouldnt' be a big fan of someone I thought didn't give 100% if I were you.

PHIL JACKSON

#31 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 02, 2009 - 08:52 AM

Jrue is overrated, and so is Eric Gordon, if you're putting him up there with Derrick Rose.

#32 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,709 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted June 02, 2009 - 08:57 AM

Number 1? Riiight... not even top 3...
Posted Image

#33 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted June 02, 2009 - 09:26 AM

he must not watch a lot of TV

Posted Image

#34 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted June 02, 2009 - 09:56 AM

By the way, I just read that he can be a top ten pick. Honestly, he's not worthy of it.

Coming out of high school, the hype was there, just as it was for Kwame.

I'm sorry, but this dude is not a traditional point guard. He has no playmaking skills. He's also not a traditional shooting guard. He has no shot, doesn't play off the ball well, and all he can really do is slash to the rim.

I would say he goes 15-25, and that's where he belongs.

#35 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 02, 2009 - 10:09 AM

By the way, I just read that he can be a top ten pick. Honestly, he's not worthy of it.

Coming out of high school, the hype was there, just as it was for Kwame.

I'm sorry, but this dude is not a traditional point guard. He has no playmaking skills. He's also not a traditional shooting guard. He has no shot, doesn't play off the ball well, and all he can really do is slash to the rim.

I would say he goes 15-25, and that's where he belongs.

Yes he might be a top ten pick and based on stats he probably shouldn't be but teams have to project young players and not go by stats themselves. I watched him at UCLA and he does have playmaking skills. He is a big guard who can defend and has the ability to score but yes his shot in weak. I hope he goes back to UCLA where he will be the point guard with Collison leaving. IF he stays in the draft it will be interesting to see how high he ends up going. I heard he has done very well in the tryouts with other point guards.

PHIL JACKSON

#36 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted June 02, 2009 - 10:42 AM

He's gonna fall down to us :D

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#37 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted June 02, 2009 - 10:42 AM

Just so people know, his draft stock has been rising with some impressive displays at the combine.

Couple of notes:

Jrue Holiday, UCLA: Holiday is also well-spoken and a bunch of NBA teams have been impressed with him in a variety of ways. His stock has been rising at a daily rate. He measured in at 6-foot-4 and 199 pounds, which is great size for a point guard.

ESPN #4 Pick

Analysis: Holiday's performance at the NBA pre-draft combine suddenly doesn't make this pick such a stretch. Yes, this is very high for Holiday, but at the end of the day, there just isn't a big difference between the fourth pick and the 10th pick in this draft.

The Kings need a point guard, and if they can't get their hands on Rubio, Holiday's combination of size and defensive ability should get him the nod in Sacramento. The other possibilities here -- including Brandon Jennings, Jonny Flynn and Curry -- don't really fit the team's need. But it looks like another player, Memphis' Tyreke Evans, will get a look, too.

#38 LakerLandB

LakerLandB

Where Amazing Happens

• 532 posts
  • Fan Since:The day I was born

Posted June 02, 2009 - 10:43 AM

LOL. In your dreams Jrue.

#39 OrangeZack

OrangeZack

DR OCTOGONAPUS BLAHHHH!

• 582 posts

Posted June 02, 2009 - 02:29 PM

Yes he might be a top ten pick and based on stats he probably shouldn't be but teams have to project young players and not go by stats themselves. I watched him at UCLA and he does have playmaking skills. He is a big guard who can defend and has the ability to score but yes his shot in weak. I hope he goes back to UCLA where he will be the point guard with Collison leaving. IF he stays in the draft it will be interesting to see how high he ends up going. I heard he has done very well in the tryouts with other point guards.

are we watching two different UCLA teams?
Posted Image
ONE MORE COOKIE!

#40 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 02, 2009 - 09:04 PM

are we watching two different UCLA teams?

Are you even watching Holiday? Obvious nba scouts probably know better than you or I.

PHIL JACKSON

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users