• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 31, 2009 - 09:22 PM

"This is a more secure team, better balanced, speedier, and all these guys can hit the 3," Magic Owner Rich DeVos said. "We'll be the underdogs, but as long as we get a fair shake on the refereeing, we'll be fine."

Article Link

#2 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:1985 @ Birth
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 31, 2009 - 09:22 PM

And it begins.....

#3 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,537 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 09:24 PM

its the finals..it was always gonna be there

bw1wOGf.png

#4 ShowTime

ShowTime

Rookie

• 51 posts
  • Name:Justin
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 31, 2009 - 09:24 PM

I think the Cavs - Magic series proved that the NBA isn't rigged but I guess the Magic need some kind of excuse for when they lose ^_^

#5 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted May 31, 2009 - 09:26 PM

wow... :lol: :lol:
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#6 Angela1986

Angela1986

Off The Bench

• 1,584 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 09:29 PM

Wow. The owner was the one saying this? :blink:

#7 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 07:45 AM

I think the Cavs - Magic series proved that the NBA isn't rigged but I guess the Magic need some kind of excuse for when they lose ^_^

Are you kidding? The refs tried to hand Bron game 3. cavs couldnt capitalize. People need to understand its not about this guy or that guy. its about making series last. The sterns have the golden ticket in the finals (lakers) they will try to milk them for 7. However IMO we are good enough to play through them.
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#8 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,934 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 01, 2009 - 08:29 AM

Are you kidding? The refs tried to hand Bron game 3. cavs couldnt capitalize. People need to understand its not about this guy or that guy. its about making series last. The sterns have the golden ticket in the finals (lakers) they will try to milk them for 7. However IMO we are good enough to play through them.

I agree. The Lakers are the key. Almost everyone cares about the Lakers, either love, or hate.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#9 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 08:33 AM

I agree. The Lakers are the key. Almost everyone cares about the Lakers, either love, or hate.

Im not saying Refs helped lakers, but they sure did start letting the teams play late game5 through game 6.

I have said a few times. DH has had fould trouble virtually every game. Lets see if he has it against us. If not will our bigs have it? If they let bigs play on both side we will sweep

#10 Shooter871

Shooter871

Veteran

• 1,429 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:02 AM

enough with the league is rigged, how can you so strongly believe in this and still follow the league? wouldnt it kind of ruin it for you if you were so confident that its all planned out?
:fisher: / :kobe: / :artest: / :pau: / :bynum:

#11 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:12 AM

enough with the league is rigged, how can you so strongly believe in this and still follow the league? wouldnt it kind of ruin it for you if you were so confident that its all planned out?

Becauser IMo whe i started watching "business' was so much a factor. Now its too late. i love the lakers. plus i could careless if the refs help my guys.

Again its not "planned out" who wins, its about skewing in one teams favor to win. Refs cant make shots, though they can take them away and give you free opportunities (only sport that has multiple ways of doing so).

Also stern doesnt care about yours or my perception. When ratings were bad a few years back he always pointed to growth overseas. Thats what he cares about. money, which happens when series that people care about go long

I still dont get: (rules are made up on the fly)
*Home calls
*Make up calls
*Letting them play
*Calling it tight (thats what she said)
*assesing fouls and recinding fouls after the fact
*Donoughy
* In a sport where a foul can be called on every play how certain guys/team foul out
*the fact that its no longer just fans who cry foul. its everyone. theres a reason its been such a topic as of late. A year after factual rigging came out.
*A foul in the 1st isnt a foul late?
*allowing Bron to win 2 play off games on obvious cheats a few years back (carry over, travel)

Just an opinion

also, why is it part of a teams strategy? Apparently coaches think rules (lol) can be interpreted differently. If they arent calling something that happens all game do you really believe they dont see it? Was JR's run through the lane really that hidden? A ref was clearly looking at Mo throw ball at DH yet he quickly turned away? Refs pick and choose what they call to get the outcome that best serves big picture

Edited by hi_ma, June 01, 2009 - 09:25 AM.

#12 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:34 AM

The title of this thread is hilarious considering it's coming from a board where everyone WHINES after EVERY SINGLE game.
Basketball Reasons...

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:36 AM

The title of this thread is hilarious considering it's coming from a board where everyone WHINES after EVERY SINGLE game.

Actually you missed the point of the title.

I named the thread Referee Whining Begins with Magic, as in the refereeing for the Finals started with the Magic. It's only a matter of time before we join in.

#14 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:36 AM

who whines? I go into every game knowing there may be motive from officials. I accept it. I have always said i have no problem riding a whistle to a ring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users