• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#141 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 28, 2009 - 04:01 PM

Guess what, people don't expect anything because of performances like this.

Today was just another example of pathetic play by the team. Great first half, but soccer consists of two halves with the second being the most important, and Brazil dominated that entire half.

People don't expect alot because the talent level in the US is not like the great soccer countries. Plus our best athletes don't even play soccer. That is why expectations in soccer or not that great.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#142 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2009 - 04:09 PM

People don't expect alot because the talent level in the US is not like the great soccer countries. Plus our best athletes don't even play soccer. That is why expectations in soccer or not that great.

Which is exactly why I don't like the U.S mens soccer team. The soccer is not great.

#143 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 28, 2009 - 04:15 PM

Which is exactly why I don't like the U.S mens soccer team. The soccer is not great.

So if the lakers weren't playing great basketball you would not like their team?
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

PHIL JACKSON

#144 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted June 28, 2009 - 04:19 PM

So if the lakers weren't playing great basketball you would not like their team?

Lakers are my team through thick and thin. That was a dumb question. sorry.

U.S doesn't play great soccer like Brazil, Argentina, etc.

I love high quality soccer, not piss poor quality that U.S puts onto the pitch.

#145 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 28, 2009 - 04:38 PM

Very relevant question. You stated you don't like us mens soccer becuz the soccer they play is not great. So if they did play great soccer then you would like them. It stands to reason if the lakers played piss poor basketball you wouldn't like them.

PHIL JACKSON

#146 Guest_Rico Suave_*

Guest_Rico Suave_*

Posted June 28, 2009 - 05:06 PM

Ronaldinho is done as a player.

So then obviously not even gonna' participate in the 010 World Cup?

#147 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,505 posts

Posted June 28, 2009 - 05:38 PM

i dont think ronaldinho is done as a player..

he has a big chance of gettin back...same with adriano..pple who dont follow these players are quick to say "hes fat...hes done"..the door is open to both these players which is why they are workin hard to get back in form..im sure the way ronaldo is goin in brazil he is a slight chance of makin the team as well.

injuries set u back but if ur great..it wont stop u from comin back (even kleberson has managed to work his way back on the team)...adriano is only 27 and ronaldinho is 29...people act like they are 40..and if you're really followin adriano u will realize he is very close to being back at his peek..and he is easily one of the best strikers in the world when in form, and ronaldinho we all know what he is capable of even if he gets a limited role

what dunga has done since 06 is that he took a bunch of youngsters and prepared them to this point..brazil was HURTING after 06, and these same players are now in a position to possibly win the WC..and if u can get the luxury of bringing back you're previous superstars in ronaldinho or adriano then you have only more positives going forward

bw1wOGf.png

#148 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,651 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 29, 2009 - 12:33 AM

I'm sure Brazil doesn't have all its important players and neither does USA. To say Spain didn't have 'em is a sorry excuse on your part.

Also, the score should be 2-2 now. Lucky USA

It's no sorry excuse on my part my freind. Our team lacks defense, only Puyol is a good defender, and we base our game on our midfield and our strikers. We were missing important parts in midfield, which is our strenght, and had new players and that hurt us.

i dont think ronaldinho is done as a player..

he has a big chance of gettin back...same with adriano..pple who dont follow these players are quick to say "hes fat...hes done"..the door is open to both these players which is why they are workin hard to get back in form..im sure the way ronaldo is goin in brazil he is a slight chance of makin the team as well.

injuries set u back but if ur great..it wont stop u from comin back (even kleberson has managed to work his way back on the team)...adriano is only 27 and ronaldinho is 29...people act like they are 40..and if you're really followin adriano u will realize he is very close to being back at his peek..and he is easily one of the best strikers in the world when in form, and ronaldinho we all know what he is capable of even if he gets a limited role

what dunga has done since 06 is that he took a bunch of youngsters and prepared them to this point..brazil was HURTING after 06, and these same players are now in a position to possibly win the WC..and if u can get the luxury of bringing back you're previous superstars in ronaldinho or adriano then you have only more positives going forward

Because the reality is that he is fat, Brazilian players get fat very easily, Ronaldihno has followed the same path as Ronaldo, he has done nothing in Milan. Adriano has psychological issues, and I beleive his recovery is easier than Ronaldinho. If he comes back great, but these players are lazy by nature, they've always been.
Posted Image

#149 Martellfor3

Martellfor3

Rookie

• 372 posts
  • Name:Daniel

Posted June 29, 2009 - 12:42 AM

Wow great job by the US in making the final, no one would have seen that coming, thats a great effort. However I wouldnt read too much into it until the World Cup comes around, thats the real deal, for the same reason I have mild expectations of what Australia will do, even after only conceding one goal in the whole qualifying stage.

#150 Guest_Andrew Evenstar_*

Guest_Andrew Evenstar_*

Posted June 29, 2009 - 01:23 AM

Agree 100%. I can't even watch MLS, it's so poor. It's not soccer. US won these games with heart and effort, but they still lack so much skill an touch that a lot of other teams possess.

#151 Guest_Rico Suave_*

Guest_Rico Suave_*

Posted June 29, 2009 - 02:48 PM

Damn Guiza replaced 'El Nino' Torres rather nicely. A bit surprising, but impressive.
Posted Image

#152 Dazed II

Dazed II

I got five on it

• 87 posts
  • Fan Since:'97

Posted June 29, 2009 - 04:24 PM

Sad to see USA give up the lead, but i already knew Brazil was going to win it all. Was surprised at the 2 pretty early goals by US.
Follow me on Twitter: My Twitter

#153 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted June 29, 2009 - 10:36 PM

Sad to see USA give up the lead, but i already knew Brazil was going to win it all. Was surprised at the 2 pretty early goals by US.

If you listened to the US guys talk, you'd know they were going out there with everything against the powerhouse, Brazil. Good to see them crying and showing emotions.

MLS is just trash. I'd never watch it again. After seeing all the people who love soccer here, I'd think the game would be better and bigger but other sports were already here and established.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users