27 replies to this topic

#21 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted May 31, 2009 - 11:53 AM

Just run zone. Only Courtney Lee can slash, and Lamar and Pau's length on a corner 3 would help

but, you know..phil doesn't like to adjust :rolleyes:

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#22 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted May 31, 2009 - 12:11 PM

So you want Pau to be on Howard? Or are you suggesting our second best player come off the bench? Come on now. If Pau is coming off the bench all of our offense is gonna be coming from Kobe.

Phil should just play the regular lineup and see how it works out. If it doesn't he can change it.
Basketball Reasons...

#23 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 12:16 PM

Dwight had the most trouble against Kendrick Perkins. The Celtics let him go one on one and stayed home on the shooters. IF I were Bynum, I'd study how Perkins defended Howard. He made Howard work pretty damn hard to get his points/rebounds. Here's how Perkins prepared for Dwight.

:lol:
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#24 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted May 31, 2009 - 12:33 PM

Horrible idea, bring LO in if necessary

We gotta exploit Pau-Bynum

One because Howard can only guard Gasol or Bynum.
Not both. He won't have it easy this series like he did with that Fossil Zydrunas
This also means Gasol or Bynum are gonna be defended by Rashard/Hedo and that's gonna be a field day for one of them.

As far as boards are concerned we practically have two centers on the floor. While Magic have two SF's at the forward spot
So not much concern on the offensive glass.
(And if they do start raining threes, we can always bring LO off the bench to negate one of them)

In the end if our players show up.. the Los Angeles Lakers are your 2008-2009 NBA champions.

#25 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted May 31, 2009 - 01:30 PM

Watch Team USA vs. Spain gold medal game again. Pau did a good job on offense against Howard.

#26 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 01:37 PM

i used to be in the start odom camp but in order to slow the pace effectively we have to put pau on the block and run everything through him
Posted Image

#27 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 01:38 PM

Watch Team USA vs. Spain gold medal game again. Pau did a good job on offense against Howard.

Yes and Pau will have to guard and be guarded by Howard in the game as Bynum can't go 40+ minutes.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#28 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 01:40 PM

its because howard is not a power guy he relies a lot on quickness and uses his strength to aid him beating his guy with his first step

pau is very quick and that is why perk gave him so much trouble. because perk has quick enough feet but also strength and length to annoy howard

we have a tag team of 7 footers

we need bynum on the floor because we need pau to have rashard defending him not howard
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users