Eric Snow Says The Real Best Player In The NBA Is Kobe Bryant

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 08:14 PM

Lol people act like you can't practice a jumper and get better. You can't teach athleticism, but you can develop a shot.

#42 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 01, 2009 - 05:48 AM

Classic baiting from Chicano. So much so that this has been accepted has the norm on the boards.

Honestly...

He wasn't baiting you or anyone else. He didn't express an opinion of you or your stance. He told the truth.

Chicano isn't the type of poster to start trouble. If you have a problem with Chicano from the past, you should take that up with him via PM.

It's really none of my business.

As for Kobe being the best, I have contended the same thing since LBJ came in the league...freak athlete, great court vision, high basketball IQ. Not in the running for the greatest of all-time.

LBJ has had some great performances and he's a Hall of Fame talent...but so was Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Larry Bird, Dr. J, Dominque, Isaiah Thomas, James Worthy...et cetera....

This is basketball. I'm sure LBJ would have been great at any sport he played. He's that much of a freak athlete. But when it comes to basketball, it's like "GOD put Kobe Bryant of this Earth for us to watch". He's got every aspect of the sport and he's darn near 10's across the board.

LBJ gets it done. But even in the HOF category, guys like Tony Parker and Dwayne Wade will get there before him because they've won the ultimate prize...NBA Rings AND NBA Finals MVPs. Based on those 2 things alone, they DESERVE to be there right now...where as LBJ hasn't done anything that AI, Nash or Karl Malone hasn't done.

Put the stuff in perspective. He's done great things...but there is NOTHING he's doing that hasn't been done already. Just because you SAW him do it this time doesn't mean it's better or more relevant to the discussion of BEST player in the league.

Kobe, on the other hand, has a resume the includes darn near every LAKER record in the books (individual offensive) and MANY NBA records.

LBJ fans will always point to LBJ's size and weight his accomplishments accordingly. Well, the same could be done for Kobe...

ONLY guard to break 70? 80?

Every other player on the list of great scoring games over 69? BIGs.

Forget that.

Only PLAYER to outscore another TEAM thru 3 quarters? Something that neither WILT nor Kareem can boast.

Tied for the most 3pters in a game?
Record for most consecutive 3pters in a game?

Forget the stats.

Only player with every shot imaginable in their arsenal?
Only guard with more post moves than any BIG in the game not named Tim Duncan AND legit 30ft range on his J?
Only player who could be the poster boy for Better Basketball AND Streetballer's And1?

If you're a fan of the game, this discussion is self-evident. If not, good luck trying to come up with an argument that's not based on the "LBJ is a better leader" argument, which, BTW, is debateable.

#43 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted June 01, 2009 - 06:04 AM

I was always torn watching commentary from Eric Snow. It's as if he knew that there really was no argument about who the better ball player was yet he still rode with the LBJ pick because of his years played in Cleveland and his relationship with Bron. Questioning work ethics, critique here and there and being optimistic is OK but Snow was a stone whenever he spoke about the Cavs and seemed almost A.D.D., disingenuous even, when it came to the Lakers.

#44 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 06:21 AM

One thing my wife brought up is "NOONE KNOWS how LBJ would have reacted if he came into the league and had to take the back seat to Shaq or anyone else because he's never HAD to take the back seat to ANYONE!!!"

Look at how whiny LBJ is. You'd like to believe that he'd be fine with Shaq but his desire to be the best and BELIEF that he IS the best COULD HAVE led him down the same road as Kobe...in fact, it is very probable.

#45 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted June 01, 2009 - 06:32 AM

Honestly...

He wasn't baiting you or anyone else. He didn't express an opinion of you or your stance. He told the truth.

Chicano isn't the type of poster to start trouble. If you have a problem with Chicano from the past, you should take that up with him via PM.

As for Kobe being the best, I have contended the same thing since LBJ came in the league...freak athlete, great court vision, high basketball IQ. Not in the running for the greatest of all-time.

LBJ has had some great performances and he's a Hall of Fame talent...but so was Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Larry Bird, Dr. J, Dominque, Isaiah Thomas, James Worthy...et cetera....

This is basketball. I'm sure LBJ would have been great at any sport he played. He's that much of a freak athlete. But when it comes to basketball, it's like "GOD put Kobe Bryant of this Earth for us to watch". He's got every aspect of the sport and he's darn near 10's across the board.

LBJ gets it done. But even in the HOF category, guys like Tony Parker and Dwayne Wade will get there before him because they've won the ultimate prize...NBA Rings AND NBA Finals MVPs. Based on those 2 things alone, they DESERVE to be there right now...where as LBJ hasn't done anything that AI, Nash or Karl Malone hasn't done.

Put the stuff in perspective. He's done great things...but there is NOTHING he's doing that hasn't been done already. Just because you SAW him do it this time doesn't mean it's better or more relevant to the discussion of BEST player in the league.

Kobe, on the other hand, has a resume the includes darn near every LAKER record in the books (individual offensive) and MANY NBA records.

LBJ fans will always point to LBJ's size and weight his accomplishments accordingly. Well, the same could be done for Kobe...

ONLY guard to break 70? 80?

Every other player on the list of great scoring games over 69? BIGs.

Forget that.

Only PLAYER to outscore another TEAM thru 3 quarters? Something that neither WILT nor Kareem can boast.

Tied for the most 3pters in a game?
Record for most consecutive 3pters in a game?

Forget the stats.

Only guard with more post moves than any BIG in the game not named Tim Duncan AND legit 30ft range on his J?
Only player who could be the poster boy for Better Basketball AND Streetballer's And1?

If you're a fan of the game, this discussion is self-evident. If not, good luck trying to come up with an argument that's not based on the "LBJ is a better leader" argument, which, BTW, is debateable.

Very valid points. I'm surprised why most of the hype never looked at the issue this way. Thanks for posting

#46 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 07:35 AM

[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#47 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 01, 2009 - 07:38 AM

I hate Eric Snow

Pau Gasol is GONE

#48 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 07:53 AM

As for Kobe being the best, I have contended the same thing since LBJ came in the league...freak athlete, great court vision, high basketball IQ. Not in the running for the greatest of all-time.LBJ has had some great performances and he's a Hall of Fame talent...but so was Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Larry Bird, Dr. J, Dominque, Isaiah Thomas, James Worthy...et cetera....
This is basketball. I'm sure LBJ would have been great at any sport he played. He's that much of a freak athlete. But when it comes to basketball, it's like "GOD put Kobe Bryant of this Earth for us to watch". He's got every aspect of the sport and he's darn near 10's across the board.LBJ gets it done. But even in the HOF category, guys like Tony Parker and Dwayne Wade will get there before him because they've won the ultimate prize...NBA Rings AND NBA Finals MVPs. Based on those 2 things alone, they DESERVE to be there right now...where as LBJ hasn't done anything that AI, Nash or Karl Malone hasn't done.Put the stuff in perspective. He's done great things...but there is NOTHING he's doing that hasn't been done already. Just because you SAW him do it this time doesn't mean it's better or more relevant to the discussion of BEST player in the league.Kobe, on the other hand, has a resume the includes darn near every LAKER record in the books (individual offensive) and MANY NBA records.LBJ fans will always point to LBJ's size and weight his accomplishments accordingly. Well, the same could be done for Kobe.ONLY guard to break 70? 80?Every other player on the list of great scoring games over 69? BIGs.
Forget that.Only PLAYER to outscore another TEAM thru 3 quarters? Something that neither WILT nor Kareem can boast.
Tied for the most 3pters in a game? Record for most consecutive 3pters in a game?
Forget the stats.

I have never denied kobe's greatness. He is probably more skilled then Jordan though I don't hold him as high as Jordan. Plus I am not even a fan of LBJ? Never started a post about his greatness. Tony Parker will get there before Lebron? Only because he will retire earlier. Most say Lebron's greatness is what he has done with a truly lottery team. He didn't start his career with Shaq. If you haven't been looking at how Lebron has carried his team the last two years then you missed the fact of 66 wins from a lottery personnel around him. This is self evident. Do something for me. Have a mock draft between the magic and cavs or cavs and lakers and you will see the great disadvantage that he has. Four of the first 5 picks will come from either the magic or lakers. Lebron is 24 and really a one man show on his team. He has time only if Ferry can do what Mitch has done. The only thing I have said on these boards is what Jerry West has said that is all. But then many laker fans have dissed him which is a shame.

Edited by ab4sure, June 01, 2009 - 08:06 AM.

[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

PHIL JACKSON

#49 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted June 01, 2009 - 09:39 AM

Honestly...

The simple fact that he brought our names up for no reason to provoke a response means that he was baiting. And if you think he's not the type to cause trouble then you obviously haven't been following his posts that closely lately. This isn't the first time he's baited.

But as you said, it's none of your business. Especially if you barely understand the situation.
Basketball Reasons...

#50 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 10:55 AM

Casper, 'Sure:

I have nothing to gain or lose. I stated my opinion...you disagree? Fine.

As for LBJ's team: doesn't matter. They won 66 games this year, most in the league. That excuse is TIRED. Can't have it both ways. Either he's so great that he got them to play the best ball in the league or his teammates stepped up and helped him big time this year. If it's the former, where was he in the ECF? If it's the later, why is he getting all of the credit for the STELLAR season when it was CLEAR in the ECF that even if he played out of his mind, he didn't "make" his teammates good enough to beat the Magic?

As for the mock draft: what does that have to do with Kobe vs LeBron? Seriously?

If this is about who is the better basketball player, all you need to do is make a list of basketball skills. Just skills. You can try to use athleticism as a plus for LBJ but don't forget the operations Kobe has had, his age and the minutes he's played vs. LBJ's mileage. Then, go back and check out Kobe at the same age. The fact that he's played that much and STILL has over 50% of the athleticism he had 5-7 years ago? That should tell you something.

Then compare Kobe's fundamentals to LBJ's at the same age.
Then compare Kobe's numbers (individual stats) since Shaq's departure.

But none of that is necessary. Kobe's basketball skills vs LBJ's right now? No question. Kobe's the best.

#51 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 01, 2009 - 11:01 AM

Other than stats and having inferior supporting cast (arguable), is there anything that shows Bron > Kobe?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#52 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 11:10 AM

As for the mock draft: what does that have to do with Kobe vs LeBron? Seriously?

If this is about who is the better basketball player, all you need to do is make a list of basketball skills. Just skills. You can try to use athleticism as a plus for LBJ but don't forget the operations Kobe has had, his age and the minutes he's played vs. LBJ's mileage. Then, go back and check out Kobe at the same age. The fact that he's played that much and STILL has over 50% of the athleticism he had 5-7 years ago? That should tell you something.

Then compare Kobe's fundamentals to LBJ's at the same age.
Then compare Kobe's numbers (individual stats) since Shaq's departure.

But none of that is necessary. Kobe's basketball skills vs LBJ's right now? No question. Kobe's the best.

You talk about Finals and Rings and if you do that you have to consider talent around them. You think if Lebron had Shaq he wouldn't have won titles either? Shaq in his prime? You can't be serious here. So yes check out the players on the cavs versus magic and lakers is very appropriate.

I have no disagreement... Skills wise kobe is better. Then again Artis Gilmore had more skills than Moses Malone but I still would have taken Moses.

Like I said I haven't said anything Jerry West hasn't said so clearly there is big question as to who surpasses who at this moment.

PHIL JACKSON

#53 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 11:12 AM

You talk about Finals and Rings and if you do that you have to consider talent around them. You think if Lebron had Shaq he wouldn't have won titles either? Shaq in his prime? You can't be serious here. So yes check out the players on the cavs versus magic and lakers is very appropriate.

I have no disagreement... Skills wise kobe is better. Then again Artis Gilmore had more skills than Moses Malone but I still would have taken Moses.

Like I said I haven't said anything Jerry West hasn't said so clearly there is big question as to who surpasses who at this moment.

No...

Like Magic said, Shaq got us through 3 quarters and Kobe finished opponents off in the 4th. I don't think 'Bron would've seal the deal. Also his game revolves around attackign the paint, if Shaq's packing the paint and occupying defenders there, opponents would gladly give that 18 foot jumper and beyond to Bron.

Edited by MDI, June 01, 2009 - 11:13 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#54 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 11:22 AM

No...

Like Magic said, Shaq got us through 3 quarters and Kobe finished opponents off in the 4th. I don't think 'Bron would've seal the deal. Also his game revolves around attackign the paint, if Shaq's packing the paint and occupying defenders there, opponents would gladly give that 18 foot jumper and beyond to Bron.

If Lebron is attacking the paint you know Shaq's man is helping and Shaq is waiting for a dunk, alley oop, etc..

PHIL JACKSON

#55 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 11:24 AM

If Lebron is attacking the paint you know Shaq's man is helping and Shaq is waiting for a dunk, alley oop, etc..

lol too much congestion in the paint, the spacing would be god awful.

your statement could be right if they're in transition but i don't see that much success with bron/shaq duo in the halfcourt.

Edited by MDI, June 01, 2009 - 11:24 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#56 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 11:31 AM

lol too much congestion in the paint, the spacing would be god awful.

your statement could be right if they're in transition but i don't see that much success with bron/shaq duo in the halfcourt.

four players ... one on Lebron on the drive while one (shaq's man) helping leaving shaq open. I think there is enough room.

Edited by ab4sure, June 01, 2009 - 11:31 AM.

PHIL JACKSON

#57 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted June 01, 2009 - 11:42 AM

personally? I can't stand LeBron James and I do not think hes better than Kobe Bryant never did and probably never will.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#58 nlbford

nlbford

Rookie

• 100 posts
  • Fan Since:1972
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem

Posted June 01, 2009 - 12:27 PM

Snow giving the love back to Kobe . . . a few years ago Kobe frequently said Eric played D against him better than anybody.

#59 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted June 01, 2009 - 12:40 PM

LeBron could have 3 rings like Kobe if he had been blessed with the greatest coach of all time and one of the most dominant forces to ever play the game.

You can't blame him for not having as many rings as Kobe if Kobe didn't even lead the team to those rings.

Edited by Casper, June 01, 2009 - 12:42 PM.

Basketball Reasons...

#60 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,331 posts

Posted June 01, 2009 - 12:41 PM

eric snow had intense battles against kobe and therefore developed a mutual respect

kobe even said eric snow was the toughest defender he ever faced

therefore eric snow sides with the player he played against and fought against
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users