73 replies to this topic

#21 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 31, 2009 - 11:23 AM

LeBron ? on a fishing trip.....Kobe? NBA Finals gettin his 4th ring I don't wanna hear anymore how LeBron is better.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#22 Kam

Kam

Basketball Immortality

• 2,455 posts
  • Name:Kam Pashai
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted May 31, 2009 - 11:45 AM

LeBron just got burned by the smartest ex-teammate he's ever had. (in the NBA)

#23 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 12:01 PM

Magic: "No. Fundamentals -- that was what I was best at. I wasn't fast, I couldn't jump high, but when you talk about playing basketball the right way, the proper way, I could do that as well as anyone that's every played. I was fundamentally sound. So I think that's the key to my success.

"People forget Michael Jordan was the greatest because he was fundamentally sound first. Bill Russell was fundamentally sound. He didn't block the shot out of bounds. He blocked it where he could control it. Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, you could go on and on and on. Larry Bird was one of the most fundamentally sound players that's ever played as well.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#24 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted May 31, 2009 - 12:08 PM

Get ready to battle Heir and ab4sure in a good old fashioned debate, lol.

Chicano throw your computer out the window. Along with yourself.
Basketball Reasons...

#25 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 12:12 PM

Get ready to battle Heir and ab4sure in a good old fashioned debate, lol.

Classic baiting from Chicano. So much so that this has been accepted has the norm on the boards.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

PHIL JACKSON

#26 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted May 31, 2009 - 12:19 PM

Now that's uncalled for ...
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#27 Msz.Bryant

Msz.Bryant

KB24 baby.♥

• 2,294 posts
  • Name:Meena
  • Fan Since:2oo8
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted May 31, 2009 - 12:20 PM

LMAO
dagger!

#28 YoungKidd7

YoungKidd7

TLN OG

• 2,212 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted May 31, 2009 - 12:24 PM

Kobe's the best, not because he won and LBJ didn't. He's simply the most fundamentally sound player in basketball with the most desire to be the greatest. He is a rare combination of fundamentals, basketball IQ, talent AND passion/desire.

No matter how much they hype LBJ up, he won't ever surpass Kobe. Kobe will always be better than LBJ (at their best). That is opinion of the majority of B-Ball heads, if you are a student of the game, not stats or athletic highlights.

There has never been a player as fundamentally sound (at the guard position) who was as talented on both ends of the floor and had the killer instinct that Kobe has. Jordan had the killer instinct and overwhelming athletic ability but he was never as fundamentally sound as Kobe.

Like it or not, Kobe is in his own class...never to expand...at least, not in this lifetime.

Wow. Saying this will end any arguement between Kobe and LeBron.

I feel you, though. Most people look at stats to show who's better, but it's all about skills. LeBron lacks the fundamentals Kobe has, and not because Kobe has been in the league longer. LeBron made it to the NBA because of his athleticism and spectacular dunks. Kobe came to the league because of his ability to do just about everything.

I forget who said it, but someone once said that all the younger guys are lacking the fundmanetals to the game. It's all about dunks to them. And that's true, not only for the player himself, but the fans. People like LeBron because he has amazing highlights, which are all dunks or blocks.

#29 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 12:30 PM

Kobe is better than Lebron in fundamentals. Lebron relies much on his athleticism and will continue to work on fundamentals. But there is no one better than the "BIG FUNDAMENTAL" Tim Duncan imo and Magics too.

Magic, "The key to really being a great basketball player is your footwork. Look at Tim Duncan right now. He's probably the most fundamentally sound player in the game today. He is unbelievable. That's what we want to get the kids to do.

PHIL JACKSON

#30 !PAUER!

!PAUER!

Rookie

• 317 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 01:02 PM

My question is what's going to happen to all of those funny commercials now?

I'd love to see the "3 Championship Rings" one now... :hysterical:

They should have on where Kobe comes in, throws the chalk, and says Finals BABY!

#31 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted May 31, 2009 - 01:09 PM

Now that's uncalled for ...

So is baiting continuously.

And btw this coming from a dude who has wished injury upon opposing players more than once. You're the last person who should speak.

Edited by Casper, May 31, 2009 - 01:10 PM.

Basketball Reasons...

#32 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted May 31, 2009 - 01:13 PM

Grow up! Stop the baiting and personal attacks.

Posted Image

#33 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted May 31, 2009 - 01:13 PM

:lol: Good stuff GCMD.

#34 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 01:15 PM

:lol: Good stuff GCMD.

the baiter on this thread is back. :nah:

PHIL JACKSON

#35 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted May 31, 2009 - 01:17 PM

:blush:

#36 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 01:20 PM

I would still like to see some new puppet commercials, I mean its not exactly about their teams as it is more about their individual greatness and their friendship off the court. They are ambassadors for Nike, and thats really what all those commercials are about. I hope we see a couple more in the Finals broadcasts.

Edited by Clutch, May 31, 2009 - 01:20 PM.

bw1wOGf.png

#37 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,329 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 01:42 PM

kobes legacy will either be a lot better in 3 weeks or a heck of a lot worse

but kobe knows this
Posted Image

#38 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,319 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted May 31, 2009 - 02:02 PM

LeBron ? on a fishing trip.....Kobe? NBA Finals gettin his 4th ring I don't wanna hear anymore how LeBron is better.

Lebron can't fish.

0:16 mark:

#39 Magic Mamba

Magic Mamba

Rookie

• 67 posts
  • Fan Since:Elementary school
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, & the Laker Legends

Posted May 31, 2009 - 02:37 PM

What's LeBron gonna do when he's 32, 33 years old? He's been relying on dunks and blocks his entire career so far. Eventually, that athleticism will diminish and what will he be left with? He'll have his run for the next 6-7 years while he's still in his 20s. But once he loses a few inches on his vertical, what else does he have? That's pretty much what he bases his career on is his jumping ability.

Kobe is 30, going on 31 years old. And he's still the best in the world. Now, is he the high-flying 24 year old kid he use to be? Not necessarily, although he can still hang with the best of them and throw em down. But why is Kobe still the best? Because as everyone else has said, he's one of the best fundamental players in the world. He has perfected nearly every aspect of the game from shooting, driving the paint, defense, rebounding.... the list goes on.

That is why Kobe is better than LeBron and will ALWAYS be better than LeBron; because Kobe has all the tools right now plus technique. LeBron will lose a few inches on his vertical, and what's he left with?

We've all heard the comparisons with Kobe and Jordan. While I'm a huge Kobe fan, I still believe that Michael Jordan is the greatest of all-time. But Kobe's been compared to Jordan for years and years now, and Mamba still has another 7-8 years left in his career. I think that whenever Kobe decides to hang em up, he will have surpassed MJ as the greatest ever. If he's this close now, imagine what more he'll accomplish with another decade.

Scary.
Posted Image

"Reign, reign, go away... that's what Laker haters say."

#40 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 02:46 PM

What's LeBron gonna do when he's 32, 33 years old? He's been relying on dunks and blocks his entire career so far. Eventually, that athleticism will diminish and what will he be left with? He'll have his run for the next 6-7 years while he's still in his 20s. But once he loses a few inches on his vertical, what else does he have? That's pretty much what he bases his career on is his jumping ability.

He will increase his skills that don't rely on his athleticism. A post up game, jumper, etc... Just like MJ had to do. Even kobe doesn't drive as much as he use to and kobe's midrange game and post up game has improved since when he was younger.

PHIL JACKSON

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users