4 replies to this topic

#1 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted May 30, 2009 - 02:51 PM

DENVER -- One by one they have lined up to take what is rightfully his, and on this night, another one failed. This time, the victim was Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant's closest friend from the Olympic team and one of many teammates from Bejing who've taken direct aim at him.

On the court, Bryant was cold, calm and calculating. He did what he promised. He "cut 'em up." When he said those words on the Lakers' practice court Thursday, venom sprayed out of his mouth with them. "We have to be cold-blooded," Bryant had said.

When he is gone, whenever that is, the NBA will miss his cold-bloodedness. Be honest, so will you. There has to be a villain, and Bryant has played that role better than anyone since Michael Jordan. The way all the young stars are worshipped now -- and worship each other -- I can't imagine anyone ever matching Kobe's killer instinct, the sick way he enjoys dissecting and demoralizing an opponent this way.

"Number 24 had a great five minutes at the end of the game that no one in basketball could have covered him," Karl said. "He made about four shots in that stretch that I think Jesus would've had trouble covering him."

After resting nervously on the bench for the final 1:31 of the third -- chomping a wad of gum, licking his lips while the Lakers successfully protected a 15-point lead without him -- Bryant returned for the start of the fourth. It was his time, and nobody was going to deprive him of it. Before he walked onto the floor, Trevor Ariza pulled him aside and said this: "So everybody always says that the fourth quarter's your quarter. Now, I want to see it."

And?

"He showed me what Kobe Bryant stands for," Ariza said, "and what he means."

Edited by Junayd, May 30, 2009 - 02:52 PM.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#2 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 30, 2009 - 02:56 PM

Great read! Thanks for posting it.

Once again Kobe Bryant proves why he's in a league of his own.

#3 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 30, 2009 - 02:58 PM

great read and so true
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#4 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted May 30, 2009 - 03:06 PM

"So everybody always says that the fourth quarter's your quarter. Now, I want to see it."

I just love that line. It's movie-like. Great motivation (although I'm certain Kobe didn't need it in the first place) from Ariza.

#5 Gabis

Gabis

Colossal Douche

• 285 posts
  • Fan Since:The point of conception.
  • Fav. Laker:All Time Mr.Logo, Current KB24

Posted May 31, 2009 - 02:05 PM

I just love that line. It's movie-like. Great motivation (although I'm certain Kobe didn't need it in the first place) from Ariza.

x2

That is seriously awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users