Here’s my article:

Karl: "Melo Got Beat Up Tonight"
http://www.hoopsworl...?STORY_ID=12784

and my blog:

Courtside: Lakers Go Up 3-2
http://www.hoopsworl...LEAGUE_CODE=NBA

Thanks!

Eric
Check me at at the LA Times at BasketballInsiders.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus

#2 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 28, 2009 - 08:07 AM

Karl's reaction was great when a reporter pointed out to him that Melo went to the line more than kobe
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 28, 2009 - 08:13 AM

before this series I had alot of respect for coach Karl. Now hes lost mad cred and I think he's a wuss. PJ went public about the officiating lapses that included fouls that could cause potential injury (the tripping and push on the back of KB by Jones). Karl's crying about not getting a few more extra possesions. Hes trying to stay alive off the refs decisions. Lobbying for the next game is what a coach is supposed to do. But how hes making excuses at the expense of the officials is just cowardess.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#4 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 28, 2009 - 08:15 AM

^ come on now. Karl did what PJ did. We got the calls. theres a reason he cited SVG about how it shouldnt be about lobbying for calls in the post game, but it is. Refs/stern want this thing to go 7 and they will do their part. We just have to hope nuggs dont capitalize on the fixed calls they get

#5 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,877 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 28, 2009 - 08:53 AM

As beat up as the red hand marks all over Pau's face in every game of the playoffs and the relentless hacking at Kobe? I think more than anything else Carmelo got a taste of what Kobe's put up with for most of the year. If you go inside that much, you're bound to get hit. The quicker you deal with it, the quicker you overcome it.

Ask Kobe and Pau.

#6 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 28, 2009 - 08:55 AM

I like our team being associated with something like "beating up" on someone...adds a toughness we sorely need.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 28, 2009 - 08:59 AM

I'm so tired of George Karl babying Camelo Anthony. In game 4 it was that Camelo was sick and his ankle was hurt. In game 5, he got beat up. Boo freakin hoo.

You have Kobe who plays amazing when he is sick, you don't get any excuses from him, he plays with 9 fingers at the moment, rolls his ankle like every other basketball player.

Pathetic.

#8 jackmode211

jackmode211

Rookie

• 451 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 28, 2009 - 08:59 AM

i still think we should "derek fisher" jr smith.....

lay him flat on his [expletive]....

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,877 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 28, 2009 - 09:01 AM

Very true West Coast.

when the nuggets have had a big gun have a poor game it is peppered with excuses. When the Lakers have played poorly, they've stepped up and owned their faults. Lamar has an orange-sized lump in his back and Kobe is playing exhausted, yet there's no litany of excuses being thrown out when they play poorly.

#10 emplay

emplay

Rookie

• 878 posts

Posted May 28, 2009 - 09:26 AM

hi_ma - that reporter was ME - if Karl had said Nene I wouldn't have challenged him
Check me at at the LA Times at BasketballInsiders.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus

#11 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 28, 2009 - 09:28 AM

he simply runs into people and does that little flop thing, thats not gonna give you a foul call in your favor

he initiates the contact

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#12 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 28, 2009 - 09:30 AM

hi_ma - that reporter was ME - if Karl had said Nene I wouldn't have challenged him

Thought it was you and i was happy you brought it up because he had no response

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted May 28, 2009 - 09:32 AM

Emplay shutting up Porky!! I like it!!!

#14 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,077 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 28, 2009 - 12:11 PM

As beat up as the red hand marks all over Pau's face in every game of the playoffs and the relentless hacking at Kobe? I think more than anything else Carmelo got a taste of what Kobe's put up with for most of the year. If you go inside that much, you're bound to get hit. The quicker you deal with it, the quicker you overcome it.

Ask Kobe and Pau.

The thing is, with his younger legs and larger build, Melo should be able to take the beating Kobe takes and then some. But, he's not in as good a shape as Kobe, and he's generally not as used to the contact.

The reporter that mentioned Melo's 13 free throws might also have asked Karl if he thought Kobe got beat up when Melo hit him over the head.

good job

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#15 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,331 posts

Posted May 28, 2009 - 12:43 PM

the nuggets are what you thought they were a bunch of talented cry babies

our players with their many flaws get up to the podium graciously commend the other team on a good, hard fought game and move on

while the nuggets whine and whine and their coach sulks and cries

they are pathetic and don't deserve attitude wise to be here. they are lucky they are so talented because right now they are a bunch of punks
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users