64 replies to this topic

#21 thepyre

thepyre

Rookie

• 163 posts
  • Fan Since:83
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted May 26, 2009 - 08:07 AM

complacency i think is the biggest factor against us.

#22 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 26, 2009 - 08:14 AM

defense is our biggest problem

Pau Gasol is GONE

#23 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 08:15 AM

complacency i think is the biggest factor against us.

disagree. Going into the 4th down by 11 is acceptable. All the refs have to do is either call fouls or let both teams play exactly the same way.
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#24 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 08:16 AM

Please stop blaming the refs. Sure, the refs mess up but thats already been obvious for the past few years. The Lakers are just not playing championship basketball.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#25 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 08:27 AM

Please stop blaming the refs. Sure, the refs mess up but thats already been obvious for the past few years. The Lakers are just not playing championship basketball.

they cant. When a team is allowed to play more physical than the other it favors one team. Forget our series for a sec. magic vs Cavs. the refs did everything in thier power to give game 3 to cavs. Fortunately for Magic the cavs are way overated and didnt take advantage.

to be honest it should be a bit comforting. the refs/sterns want these things to go 7. So they should favor us in game 5

#26 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 08:40 AM

they cant. When a team is allowed to play more physical than the other it favors one team. Forget our series for a sec. magic vs Cavs. the refs did everything in thier power to give game 3 to cavs. Fortunately for Magic the cavs are way overated and didnt take advantage.

to be honest it should be a bit comforting. the refs/sterns want these things to go 7. So they should favor us in game 5

Its not about allowance. The Lakers are simply a finesse team.

And, how are the Cavs overrated? They're the best team in the league.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#27 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 08:51 AM

Its not about allowance. The Lakers are simply a finesse team.

And, how are the Cavs overrated? They're the best team in the league.

Then give howard same liberties as Bron. For being a physical defender, doesnt seem like he gets a lot of fouls called against him

#28 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 08:53 AM

Then give howard same liberties as Bron. For being a physical defender, doesnt seem like he gets a lot of fouls called against him

Howard and Lebron play different positions on the floor. Dwight Howard, as a center, would naturally get more fouls called on him than Lebron would.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#29 Gabis

Gabis

Colossal Douche

• 285 posts
  • Fan Since:The point of conception.
  • Fav. Laker:All Time Mr.Logo, Current KB24

Posted May 26, 2009 - 09:03 AM

Granted, Denver went to the bucket A LOT in game 4 but I still think they got the greater benefit out of the absolutely horrible officiating. Do I think that was on purpose? Not necessarily.

What makes it hard to judge is having to look at all the no-calls. Kobe was getting hacked left and right and rarely got the call. Not just the trip. Not just the undercut. Numerous times he drove to the basket and was unable to convert but DEFINITELY drew significant contact and got nothing for it. A few key drives in the fourth are the most glaring.

Meanwhile, in the same quarter, the ref's bail out Melo's absolutely horrible shooting night by sending him to the line for silly touch fouls. Were they fouls? Absolutely. But if you're going to call a touch foul out by the three point line why the no calls in the paint?

Aside from that, I agree with everything you said.

#30 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 09:07 AM

Howard and Lebron play different positions on the floor. Dwight Howard, as a center, would naturally get more fouls called on him than Lebron would.

Like what? the all ball block? Bron is a physical player, yet has he had any Foul trouble all playoffs? Bron is in the paint plenty. He is being giftwrapped plays. Thankfully the mag can overcome it..........so far

#31 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 09:09 AM

Your point is not clear, no need to result to minor shots at my basketball knowledge.

Those who understand soccer have a fundamental knowledge of how basketball is played. The games are in many ways similiar.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 09:10 AM

Like what? the all ball block? Bron is a physical player, yet has he had any Foul trouble all playoffs? Bron is in the paint plenty. He is being giftwrapped plays. Thankfully the mag can overcome it..........so far

He doesn't get into much foul trouble because his team actually plays defense. Kobe has to make up for so many mistakes made by his own teammates...Lebron doesn't have to do that.

And, we don't wanna see the Magic.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 09:12 AM

Denver has been the aggressor for the most part. Refs usually side with them when calling fouls. They have gone inside mainly by penetration and therefore created contact.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#34 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 09:13 AM

Denver has been the aggressor for the most part.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#35 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted May 26, 2009 - 09:15 AM

We really do have no heart. If the refs aren't calling it, you still gotta go at it instead of settling for jumpers

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#36 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 09:18 AM

He doesn't get into much foul trouble because his team actually plays defense. Kobe has to make up for so many mistakes made by his own teammates...Lebron doesn't have to do that.

And, we don't wanna see the Magic.

watch tonight. Bron touches his man plenty. His team plays D? Who? Mo, West? wally? Z? Sasha? Nah. Stop lieing. they are given liberties. Give AB, Ariza, LO the same liberties given to nuggs. let our guys trip them with no calls. Allow AB to throw his body around.

get over it.

#37 Alicantino

Alicantino

Herculano hast los ojos!

• 795 posts
  • Fan Since:Cuando conoci la NBA, hace 20 años.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem!!!

Posted May 26, 2009 - 09:19 AM

Denver has been the aggressor for the most part. Refs usually side with them when calling fouls. They have gone inside mainly by penetration and therefore created contact.

The good part, D. Stern achieved his purpose, 6 games. I hope next two games we will be the favoured.

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡AHORA VIENE LO BUENO!!!!`

#38 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,396 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 26, 2009 - 09:21 AM

What up Darth. Your right. But I came to terms with those realities last season.
That being said I 100% agree there is no such thing as a "UGLY WIN" through the prism of history. A WIN IS A WIN NO MATTER HOW YOU GET IT.

1. Were sub par defensivly. Not weak....but not as good as they could/should be.
2. Were soft. ANother word for soft is finesse so its not a bad thing untill you put the word finesse next to the word defense "finesse defense".... <_<
3. Were underachievers. Guys like Lamar and Sasha should be doing so much more to be elite players. They have the ability but not the drive. Thats it.
4. We have no true PG. Fish is old now. Like you said no great player defeats age in a 1 on 1 game. This Shannon Brown is looking solid, but I think we need more time to determine if his ability will be long lived.

5. That being said, I still think LA can win it all. They just have to play to their strengths as opposed to their weak points. Like you said they gotta work around their problems.

I think it will be easier for us, and the Lakers if we just accepted a few things.

1). We are just going to have to accept that some players are going to let us down. Fisher just isn't good anymore. He's had a decent career, but now he is old and worn out. You can't blame a guy for being old, if anything blame the Lakers for not recognizing this problem and aquiring a PG. Vujacic sucks, we all know this by now, Odom is inconsistent but we've known this for a while. The Lakers just have to work around their problems and try and hide them like all teams do...even if that means "Kobe ball".

2). We need to stop trying to blow teams out. We need to accept we aren't the 72 win Bulls. Scrap through games. I don't believe in the term "winning ugly". Winning in itself is beautiful, so whether you win ugly or not doesn't matter. We just need to scrap through games, grinding out each play for what it's worth. Flashy basketball doesn't win American Championships.

3). This one is to the fans...no the refs aren't plotting against us. I've actually seen Laker fans say this and it's incredibly stupid. If anything the refs would be MORE biased towards us we are a MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger market.

Basically, all I'm saying is that we need to try and hide any weaknesses we have, play simple, hard fought basketball, and stop complaining about the [expletive]ing refs.

I haven't watched many games this playoffs, as I'm taking exams and the time difference would kill me...but from what I've seen we just need to accept the above.

#39 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 10:46 AM

LakersGAFan, excellent post, I agree 100% percent :yes:

Those who understand soccer have a fundamental knowledge of how basketball is played. The games are in many ways similiar.

Yes, both are games that require a great deal of pass and movement and transitional defense.

I don't know what Chicano was trying to get at with his point...
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#40 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted May 26, 2009 - 02:22 PM

Denver has been the aggressor for the most part.

Just saw this, excellent post.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users