52 replies to this topic

#41 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted May 19, 2009 - 11:51 AM

Just give the players an extra days rest. What's the big deal? They have the arena for MONDAY Night Raw. Let em have it. Not gonna kill us to have the game a day later.

Yea it won't kill us to have the game a day later, but we aren't the only things to consider here. Just one of the many reasons why it'll be a big deal, I'm sure the NBA wants to keep at 1 game a day. A day off means the whole schedule will need to adjust. And it could conflict with other events being held on those days off. So let's say they change the game to Tuesday, and that's assuming the arena is even going to be free on Tuesday, that means they'll have to move game 5 @ Staples to Thursday because they won't do a back-to-back, and that's also assuming it isn't already booked for Thursday. If it is, they'll have to move it to Friday, but then that was when game 6 at Denver was supposed to be. I could go on. It's not as simple as just moving it back a day.

#42 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 19, 2009 - 11:57 AM

daco's right. Its mad serious....its one giant cluster :censored:
If your line of work is in logistics, this is a prime example of a logistics nightmare.
Sombody gonna get fired.

Yea it won't kill us to have the game a day later, but we aren't the only things to consider here. Just one of the many reasons why it'll be a big deal, I'm sure the NBA wants to keep at 1 game a day. A day off means the whole schedule will need to adjust. And it could conflict with other events being held on those days off. So let's say they change the game to Tuesday, and that's assuming the arena is even going to be free on Tuesday, that means they'll have to move game 5 @ Staples to Thursday because they won't do a back-to-back, and that's also assuming it isn't already booked for Thursday. If it is, they'll have to move it to Friday, but then that was when game 6 at Denver was supposed to be. I could go on. It's not as simple as just moving it back a day.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#43 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted May 19, 2009 - 01:03 PM

I don't know why the Nuggets and the NBA think they can just waltz in and take the arena from the WWE. They have a signed contract with MILLIONS of dollars on the line. And it's not as simple as just rescheduling it. That no only could throw off events that the arenas have on the other off days, but it jacks up the NBA's every other day policy with the WCF and ECF. I am interested to see how this turns out. If it was a concert or something, I could see it working it's way out. But Vince McMahon is as stubborn as they come. He would hold out if there were no tickets sold yet. The fact that millions is on the line and he is getting a TON of free publicity...he ain't budging.

#44 hotrobot

hotrobot

Rookie

• 130 posts

Posted May 19, 2009 - 02:59 PM

wwe has great leverage here. most likely pepsi center will pay them off with a 7 figure check.

#45 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted May 19, 2009 - 03:10 PM

STAMFORD, Conn. — The Denver debacle that has jeopardized this coming Monday’s edition of Raw in Denver’s Pepsi Center has yielded an outpouring by some of the biggest arenas in the world who have opportunistically offered to host Monday Night Raw live on Memorial Day.

While working to resolve the scheduling conflict between Raw and the Denver Nuggets’ NBA Western Conference Semifinals game against the Los Angeles Lakers, WWE officials have received proposals from numerous venues including Madison Square Garden and, ironically, the STAPLES Center – the home of the Nuggets’ Monday night opponents, the Lakers. In addition to numerous other venues, these major-capacity metropolitan arenas proposed to have WWE’s flagship program emanate from their locations instead of Denver’s double-booked Pepsi Center this coming Monday.

As reported by WWE.com and countless media outlets, officials from both WWE and the Denver Nuggets are still attempting to determine a resolution for the scheduling calamity in Colorado’s capital.

Check back with WWE.com as additional information becomes available on the sold-out edition of Monday Night Raw.

http://www.wwe.com/s...e?cid=2009EP-00

I've also read rumors that RAW might be held in Colorado Springs, Colorado since Smackdown will be held there the next night.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#46 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted May 20, 2009 - 03:42 PM

Game 4 in the Pepsi Center and Monday Night Raw in Staples Center.

#47 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted May 20, 2009 - 03:44 PM

^Is that a suggestion, or what they decided on?

#48 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted May 20, 2009 - 03:54 PM

^Is that a suggestion, or what they decided on?

Official.

Via ESPN.

#49 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,457 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted May 20, 2009 - 03:57 PM

World Wrestling Entertainment says it is moving its Monday night event to Los Angeles because of a conflict with the Pepsi Center in Denver.

The Nuggets are scheduled to host the Lakers on Monday in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals, but WWE had previously booked the arena for an episode of Monday Night Raw.

WWE chairman Vince McMahon said Staples Center called and offered use of its building and that his organization will return to Denver for an event at the Coliseum on Aug. 7.

McMahon criticized Kroenke Sports, which owns the Nuggets and Pepsi Center, for not being more helpful when the conflict arose over the weekend.

Posted Image

#50 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted May 20, 2009 - 04:23 PM

BREAKING NEWS

http://www.wwe.com/s...a?cid=2009EP-00

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#51 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted May 20, 2009 - 04:24 PM

http://www.wwe.com/s...a?cid=2009EP-00

TAMFORD, Conn. – World Wrestling Entertainment has made arrangements, given innumerable logistical challenges and obstacles, to move its internationally televised broadcast, WWE Monday Night Raw, to Los Angeles' STAPLES Center. The live televised event, which was scheduled to take place at the Pepsi Center in Denver this Monday, May 25th, will take place at the STAPLES Center at 5:30 p.m. PT.

Tickets for Monday Night Raw in Los Angeles will become available tonight at 8 p.m. PT.

WWE was forced to seek alternative arrangements due to the Pepsi Center’s double-booking of May 25th for both WWE Monday Night Raw and Game 4 of the NBA Western Conference Finals. The event will now take place live from the home of the Denver Nuggets' opponents, the Los Angeles Lakers.

Denver fans wishing to receive a refund for their tickets to the originally scheduled Pepsi Center event must return tickets to the original point of purchase.

Check back with WWE.com for additional details and more, as they become available.

good luck selling tickets with the whole city watching the laker game at home :lol:

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#52 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,331 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 04:52 PM

we could have just had game 4 here as well

no big deal

i'm sure the nuggets wouldn't mind
Posted Image

#53 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 20, 2009 - 04:56 PM

Anyone got the full clip of vince talking about it?

Don't know what exactly the legal status of this is, but for me, real sports > fake. Sorry WWE.

http://lakernation.c...h...c=17617&hl=

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users