• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 20, 2009 - 03:00 PM

LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and the core of the Olympic basketball champions could be back in USA uniforms next summer for the world championships.

USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo met with half of the team during the NBA All-Star break and said it's a "distinct possibility" that some of the gold medalists will play in Turkey in 2010.

During the meeting, which also included Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul and Chris Bosh, Colangelo said he wanted only a two-year commitment this time, with those years being 2010 and 2012. If the Americans win the world championships, they would automatically qualify for the London Games and not have to play in '11.

"They said they bought into that, let's do that," Colangelo said. "Now I think it's important, as far as I'm concerned, that's what they indicated then. I think that's really where they are. A lot of things could happen between now and '10, and we just have to play it by ear. I think right now we have the buy-in."

He believes at least some of them will keep that commitment.

"Yes, it's a distinct possibility that most of the core players of our Olympic team would represent us in Turkey," Colangelo told The Associated Press.

Article

If they could return the core and add some players like Roy, Bynum, Rose, they could be better then the Gold Medal team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users