• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 20, 2009 - 10:25 AM

I've gotta say, i'm cannot believe how one journalist could be so bitter for his team losing. Just look at some of his answers to questions in his chat haha!!!!

Ryan (Southboro MA): Can people stop talking about the Magic. I just watched my depleted and tired team that didn't have a night where its two players each perform well (Pierce and Allen) almost beat them in 6 games.

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:42 PM ET ) And probably would have if PP makes those 2 FT's with 3 mins to go in Game 6... that swung the series. Agreed. Let's all settle down on the Magic. They will be lucky to win 1 game.

Andy G (New York) : Being a Cavs fan, I'm really scared of the Magic. Mike Brown might be the primary reason for us to lose, plus our frontline is biggest weakness. Also, the Magic have a lot of bodies to throw at Lebron. I think the series will go to 7. Plus it's a terrible match-up for the Cavs.

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:40 PM ET ) The Magic just needed 7 games to beat a Celtics team that had 2 scorers with dead legs, Scalabrine/Marbury/House as their bench and actually ran a game-ending play for Glen Davis. Don't start thinking Orlando is good please.

Dwight Howard (Ohio): Who is guarding me 1 on 1? Please don't say Ben Wallace who might actually be a mummy at this point. And if you mention the guy with the glass feet or the crazy hair I am coming to find you.

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:23 PM ET ) Dwight, you have no moves other than that Sling Hook that is going to break a backboard soon. The FG stats for you when Orlando posts you up are BRUTAL.

Elan, Los Angeles: the Lakers got every call the last 5 minutes? From a celtics fan that's rich. Did the Lakers get the call when Billips CLEARLY stepped out of bounds? That would have been huge if Kobe (unlike paul pierce) wouldn't have made his free throws

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:19 PM ET ) The game was over when that happened. Come on.

mike (boston): Bill, I'm pretty bummed out about the Celtics' prospects in the future. The Big three are aging quickly and they have not cap flexibility to add any good young pieces going forward. I feel like we're looking at another 22 year drought. Help...what would you do if you were Danny Ainge?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:14 PM ET ) They're fine. They were worn down - they played 200-plus games (including 40 playoff games) in the span of 19 months and didn't have KG. Perk and Rondo will be a year better, KG will be back, they have 6 mill of expiring conttracts to deal (Scal + Tony) and they can use some or all of the FA midlevel this summer on a swingman ... I'd love to see them make a run at Ariza. I don't think LA can afford him AND Odom.

Holmes (New York): What's your take on KOBE DOIN'WORK? Don't you wish there should have been some Benny Hill music played on the soundtrack at some point?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (12:47 PM ET ) I only saw the rough cut before they added the Kobe commentary... it was the worst screening I have ever been to. There were 3 kids in my row and all of them were asleep in 20 mins. Supposedly it's better with the commentary but I just thought Kobe played to the cameras the whole time. Every time he talked to a teammate they always had a look on their face like, "Wait, why is he talking to me? He never talks to me."

More Hate Here

#2 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted May 20, 2009 - 10:31 AM

:lol:

Bleeding purple & gold...

#3 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted May 20, 2009 - 10:32 AM

:lol:

Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#4 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 10:44 AM

lol this guy is a joke. Don't take anything he says seriously.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#5 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 10:45 AM

He has made some dumb comments but I find this one quite intriguing and it makes alot of sense.

Billy (Boston): Any chance the Clipps trade the #1, you know, for some cash and a bag of used balls?

Bill Simmons: (12:12 PM ET ) Here's what I would do if I were the Clips GM. I'd call Sam Presti (Zombie Sonics GM) and make him the following Godfather offer...

Bill Simmons: (12:13 PM ET ) The 2009 No. 1 overall pick, our 2011 No. 1, and our 2013 No. 1 pick...

Bill Simmons: (12:13 PM ET ) For Kevin Durant.

Bill Simmons: (12:14 PM ET ) Think about it: The Zombie Sonics have no guarantee Durant will stay there in 3 years, he might flee for a big market. They could awap him into a hometown hero and build around Griffin, Westbrook, Rubio, Green and a boatload of picks...
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#6 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 10:55 AM

if he mentioned more about the injuries than he did about the amount of games they played..i would kinda agree

but the amount of games they played excuse is wack..dwight howard spend all summer training then goin to olympics then leadin his team all year especially when jameer went down...he played a lot of games..and thats a lot for a big man to take even though he is young...orlando had some injuries too, playin without jameer..and their rookie starter..and they only played 1 less game then the celtics..they also had their struggles..hedo wasn't that great in the playoffs so far, their bench was a little inconsistent.

boston played like 3 7 game series last year, this year they had a way better rondo..who was droppin triple doubles everywhere..glen davis played great..perkins played great..the only player that sucked was the all star paul wheelchair pierce..because he aint [expletive] without kg backin him up..pierce was his old [expletive] self..the man who couldn't lead celtics to [expletive]

bw1wOGf.png

#7 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,565 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted May 20, 2009 - 12:19 PM

Someone needs to have this guy commited.

2hf753r.jpg

#8 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted May 20, 2009 - 01:00 PM

He has made some dumb comments but I find this one quite intriguing and it makes alot of sense.

Billy (Boston): Any chance the Clipps trade the #1, you know, for some cash and a bag of used balls?

Bill Simmons: (12:12 PM ET ) Here's what I would do if I were the Clips GM. I'd call Sam Presti (Zombie Sonics GM) and make him the following Godfather offer...

Bill Simmons: (12:13 PM ET ) The 2009 No. 1 overall pick, our 2011 No. 1, and our 2013 No. 1 pick...

Bill Simmons: (12:13 PM ET ) For Kevin Durant.

Bill Simmons: (12:14 PM ET ) Think about it: The Zombie Sonics have no guarantee Durant will stay there in 3 years, he might flee for a big market. They could awap him into a hometown hero and build around Griffin, Westbrook, Rubio, Green and a boatload of picks...

why the hell would the thunder trade their best player for an unproven rookie?

IMO durant is a taller longer kobe

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#9 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted May 20, 2009 - 02:49 PM

I've gotta say, i'm cannot believe how one journalist could be so bitter for his team losing.

Simmons isn't a journalist. More new-media columnist. Definitely not a journalist, though.

#10 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,519 posts

Posted May 20, 2009 - 06:28 PM

Ha you can tell he is bitter.

#11 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,073 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 20, 2009 - 09:03 PM

After he made the stupid comment about the game being over when Billups stepped out (not called) and hit the three, I asked him, "just like when Bird stole the ball form Isaiah and hit DJ for the game winner?"

He is a joke. And yes, he hates the Lakers and has a Celtics bias. I can accept that. But, I think its ridiculous that he is so dishonest with his analysis. He does know basketball, and wants to be respected for his opinions/insight, but he loses a lot of credibility when he refuses to answer questions about the first 43 minutes of the game, and only focuses on how embarrassing it was seeing the Lakers get all the calls down the stretch.

He completely exposed himself with the "game was over" comment. He's a complete tool.

Another thing, he really seems to fail to understand the positive impact a team can have after winning a tough play-off series, even one in which it was heavily favored.

The Celtics beating Atlanta and Cleveland last year helped that team.

The Magic beating Boston in 7 this year appear to have helped them going forward.

Who is to say that the Lakers beating Houston in 7 won't help them long-term?

www.twitter.com/ukuga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users