"To whom much is given much is tested."

#22 shaodaddy

shaodaddy

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Fan Since:since moving to US in 91
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe, shaq, horry, LO

Posted May 20, 2009 - 04:24 PM

just a reminder, pierce is also from LA and was laker fan. just saying, ariza could play for the green. pray he doesn't.

#23 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 20, 2009 - 04:28 PM

just a reminder, pierce is also from LA and was laker fan. just saying, ariza could play for the green. pray he doesn't.

Yeah but Pierce was drafted by the Celtics.

Ariza is a Laker right now and has voiced his opinion about the Celtics.

two different situations

#24 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,285 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 20, 2009 - 04:33 PM

Money, starting role, vital role on the team, heavy minutes - Trevor's going nowhere.

#25 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted May 20, 2009 - 04:34 PM

Champe (Houston): Why won't anyone admit that the Lakers are simply not much of a team? Kobe is very, very good, but the rest of their lineup is made up of a bad combination of soft post players (Gasol), bad shooters (Fisher, Walton, Vucijisijcjjch), perennial underachivers (Odom, Bynum, Ariza), and bit part guards with no more upside than they show (Brown and Farmar), all led by the least inspiring superstar in NBA history. It has all the makings of another flameout. Personally I hope the Magic play the Nuggets in the Finals, as just revenge on the NBA for joey Crawford's continued employment and assignment to all must-win Lakers' games.

Bill Simmons: (12:46 PM ET ) I have been saying that for 2 months now. What we're watching this spring is basically the 2006 Lakers, only with Gasol replacing Chris Mihm, Kobe being 15% worse, Bynum being 20% better and Ariza being a slight improvement over Ariza. It's a limited team that lacks toughness and can be beaten. I actually think Gasol is the key to their title hopes and not Kobe - he can dominate this Denver series if he wants, and in the next round, he's a brutal matchup for Ilguaskas who just isn't quick enough to keep him away from the rim.

And that's what he said about Ariza earlier. Ariza wasn't even with the Lakers in 2006. By the end of the chat, he wants him wearing green.

He probably meant 2008.

#26 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted May 20, 2009 - 05:45 PM

Kobe's 15% worse, Bynum 20% better?
anyway Ariza and Odom will be resigned, but Powell and Brown wont......who doubts me?
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#27 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,972 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 20, 2009 - 06:51 PM

He probably meant 2008.

Nope. He meant 2006. Read the whole thing, and note the mention of Gasol as opposed to Chris Mihm.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#28 lakerfan2390

lakerfan2390

Rookie

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Name:Rich
  • Fan Since:2003-2004 season
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 20, 2009 - 07:06 PM

i dont think he will go anywhere..we was born in l.a went 2 ucla and is a laker...he has put in enough effort in order to get him at least a 4-5 year deal...PAY HIM 4 HIS DEFENSE!..his is the only consistent defensive player on the team that gives full effort every night all season long!

KEEP HIM IN L.A!!!!..NO MATTER WAT!!!..DONT GIVE THE CELTICS THE SATISFACTION OF A GOOD PLAYER ESPECIALLY FROM A RIVAL LIKE THE LAKERS!!!!

#29 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted May 20, 2009 - 08:08 PM

i dont think he will go anywhere..we was born in l.a went 2 ucla and is a laker...he has put in enough effort in order to get him at least a 4-5 year deal...PAY HIM 4 HIS DEFENSE!..his is the only consistent defensive player on the team that gives full effort every night all season long!

KEEP HIM IN L.A!!!!..NO MATTER WAT!!!..DONT GIVE THE CELTICS THE SATISFACTION OF A GOOD PLAYER ESPECIALLY FROM A RIVAL LIKE THE LAKERS!!!!

Lakers will do everything they can to keep Trev., but they will not overpay
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#30 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted May 21, 2009 - 10:33 AM

I know Trevor once stated he absolutely despises the Celtics.

Very true as someone stated earlier in this tread that $$$$$$$ Talks.

But seriously I don't think the Celtics have too much dough to offer that the Lakers can't give up also , especially after dumping Vlad's Contract.

DON'T LET IT HAPPEN MITCH!!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted May 21, 2009 - 11:45 AM

^^^It can't happen because Boston only has the midlevel and I can't see Mitch not matching a midlevel offer.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users